Eagles officially a force

Remove this Banner Ad

Arrived where?

It's amazing what a team with no injuries are capable of. Zero Best 22 players on the injury list.

Come on, give credit where credit is due. Not saying I think we're a chance for the flag or anything but we've got every right to be pretty damn thrilled =]

Off day for carlton, theyll bounce back for sure. This is one of our most impressive wins. Im so happy and look forward to the geelong game!

lol @ you trying to put Hawthorn's injuries into the same boat as Carlton's.

You've still got the majority of your best side out there.

Also, we're still winning. FAIL FAIL FAIL.

Did I say our injuries were on par or worse than yours? No

Obviously we're going to struggle when missing Waite, Duigan, Laidler, Robinson, Curnow, Hampson and Jamison. That's a lot of hardness gone.

Well done to West Coast today, they were great and deserved to win by maybe more.

Wonder how Big Footy will react if either Geelong or West Coast lose in two weeks. EWhoever loses will be bagged as not good enough, will be shit like 'Oh West Coast is only a 6-8 team anyway'

Or

'Geelong are overrated, got lucky ina few games, have been exposed'

Only on Big footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, agree. We'd be mad not to be pointing out the bleeding obvious.

However, a bit churlish to carry on about lack of injuries when he have a win in Melbourne over a top four side.
It was a good win, no doubt.

But the most impressive thing today was what Geelong did down the road. A ridiculous number of outs and still thumped Adelaide. Yet apparently the Eagles are a force, and Geelong aren't premiership favourites.

The opinion of this board is strange to say the least.

yeah, no.
Shows more of where Carlton are at.
Carlton 2011 = Adelaide 2009 - Beat up shit teams, can't beat anyone good.
Carlton need to finish 4th to win a final, and even then it's going to have to rely on home field advantage in the semi finals.
They're overrated and havn't been impressive all year. FFS, Adelaide pushed them to the death and was within a kick.

Wouldn't say we are a force to the premiership yet but we are on our way:thumbsu:

Today we showed alot of heart and it was an all round team performance.

Very proud supporter at the moment:)

yeah, no.
Shows more of where Carlton are at.
Carlton 2011 = Adelaide 2009 - Beat up shit teams, can't beat anyone good.
Carlton need to finish 4th to win a final, and even then it's going to have to rely on home field advantage in the semi finals.
They're overrated and havn't been impressive all year. FFS, Adelaide pushed them to the death and was within a kick.

So Eagles arent a force but Carlton can only beat shit teams?

Arrived where?

It's amazing what a team with no injuries are capable of. Zero Best 22 players on the injury list.
And on the other hand, losing a decent amount of first 22 players gave us our first wooden spoon last year.

Think we are simply riding a wave of momentum at the moment, and aren't a real threat come September, but the signs are there for the future if we want it enough.

More than happy to make up the numbers after last year.

We are going to be a very dangerous team come finals time.. can not wait!

I cant believe we won, geez!

At the very least this game proves that we are a top 6 side and have a genuine chance at making the 4.

As much as I hate them I want them to be a force and a top team so people can stop saying we can't beat top teams....beat them in Perth this year.

So Eagles arent a force but Carlton can only beat shit teams?
Isn't that what I just said

Basically, an average team beat an average team today.

This season is obvious

2 great teams - Collingwood + Geelong
1 good team - Hawthorn
2 Above average teams - Carlton + West Coast
12 pretenders - Everyone else.

Isn't that what I just said

Basically, an average team beat an average team today.

This season is obvious

2 great teams - Collingwood + Geelong
1 good team - Hawthorn
2 Above average teams - Carlton + West Coast
12 pretenders - Everyone else.

What is the point of this in relation to the thread?

Everyone knows it will be a Collingwood v Geelong grand final unless another team has a fantastic finals series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles officially a force

Remove this Banner Ad

Back