Early Phantom Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

number one. Richard Tambling.

How good are the NT. For a population 250,000 we produce some of the biggest names in AFL and heres the next big thing.

Probably along way off but im bored so mick ryan shut your face.

1: Deledio
2: Franklin
3: Tambling
4: Roughead
5: Deluca
6: Polo
7: Stribling
8: Grundy
9: Stewart
10: Toohvey
11: Monfries
12: Wood
13: Hall
14: Drum

Originally posted by Falconer02

1: Deledio
2: Franklin
3: Tambling
4: Roughead
5: Deluca
6: Polo
7: Stribling
8: Grundy
9: Stewart
10: Toohvey
11: Monfries
12: Wood
13: Hall
14: Drum
There is NO WAY that Adelaide will pass on Griffen if he is still available.

Monfries seems really familiar for some reason, does anyone know where he went/goes to school?

Originally posted by Falconer02

Now that's not very nice Falconer02 but I'll give you a little tip if you are insistent on doing these stupid exercises and making a fool of yourself, research your subject thoroughly and at least know who the players are and where they come from.

1) Deledio
2) Franklin
3) Griffen
4) Tambling
5) Willits
6) Roughead

I think this is the clear top 6, they could go at any position depending on a clubs needs.

Serious early shot.
Excuse assumptions made re: finals results, ladder positions and draft orders.
No allowance for trades yet:

Priority Round:
1 - Hawthorn - Brett Deledio

Round 1:
2 - Hawthorn - Lance Franklin
3 - Richmond - Ryan Griffen
4 - Western Bulldogs - Jarryd Roughead
5 - Adelaide - Cameron Wood
6 - Carlton - Fabian Deluca
7 - Collingwood - Richard Tambling
8 - Kangaroos - Ryan Willitts
9 - West Coast - Heath Grundy
10 - Essendon - Angus Monfries
11 - Sydney - Ryan Bain
12 - Fremantle - Ruory Kirkby
13 - Geelong - John Meesen
14 - St Kilda - Ivan Maric
15 - Port Adelaide - Chad Gibson
16 - Melbourne - Benet Copping
17 - Brisbane - Stefan Garrubba

Apologies for any major omissions.
And in case the question is asked, the belief is that the following results will happen:
Richmond will defeat Adelaide (R20) and Hawthorn (R21).
Western Bulldogs will beat Hawthorn (Rd 19) and Kangaroos (R21)

I would go something like this at the moment.

Priority Picks:

1. Hawthorn - Brett Deledio
2. Richmond - Ryan Griffen
3. Western - Lance Franklin

Round One:

4. Hawthorn - Ryan Willits
5. Richmond - Richard Tambling
6. Western - Jarryd Roughead
7. Adelaide - Angus Monfries
8. Carlton - Cameron Wood
9. Collingwood - Heath Grundy
10. Essendon - Ruory Kirkby

Thats my TOP TEN for now. I would imagine I would be a fair way off by the time the draft starts.

My understanding is that Hawthorn Like Willits a lot, hence why he is higher than I would have him.

Whisper around is that Jordon Lewis might be a major sleeper in this draft. Sleeper as in he could see himself firmly entrenched in the TOP TEN.

The teams with the Priority Picks have done themselves well because the top 6 look majorly impressive.

Look im BORED and its a bit of fun :D

I'm a bit puzzled at all this speculation putting Willits ahead of Roughead. Based on what I've seen Roughead should be in front.

In my current list I have Jordan Lewis as a first round pick. I doubt he will go that high but that's my personal opinion of his worth, very good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its very rare that a guy overlooked for the previous years draft is taken in the first round. for this reason guys like kirkby, grundy and lewis (especially) may slip into the second round.

I have to agree GH , I really do rate Lewis , probably to much but there you go.Just on Sunday he was the return kicker , the time before that he was at Full Forward/Half Forward Flank. Tambling is probably more explosive but I think Lewis is a guy who could a be reliable , versitile , hard player you could build a side around.
So I've tryed to balance my list with the players talent as well as demand of the club.

transfered from another thread:

Again these were my top 10(pre draft camp)
1 Hawks Priority ---> Deledio
2 Tigers Priority ---> Franklin
3 Bullies Priority ---> Willets

16th 4 Hawks --> Griffen
15th 5 Tigers --> Moore
14th 6 Bullies --> Lewis
13th 7 Pies --> Tambling
12th 8 Crows --> Grundy
11th 9 Blues --> Roughead
10th 10 Roos --> Kirkby

9th 11 WCoast ---> Toovey
--------
8th 12 Swans ---> McLeay
7th 13 Fremantle ---> Monfries
6th 14 Bombers --> Meyer
5th 15 Cats --> Meesen
4th 16 Saints --> Wood
3rd 17 Dees --> Hamill
2nd 18 Power --> Deluca
1st 19 Lions --> Clarke

Falconer02
I think you will find Drum is not of age to get drafted because they heve changed the dates

Originally posted by theorangeapple
its very rare that a guy overlooked for the previous years draft is taken in the first round. for this reason guys like kirkby, grundy and lewis (especially) may slip into the second round.

From my understanding Kirkby wasn't even playing TAC earlier this year. He has had a rather sudden rise to prominence after being AA U18. Still I hope we don't draft him. He looks very skinny to me and would probably take years to get an AFL-ready bodyshape.

Willits before Roughhead? Roughhead can play anywhere down the spine and a ruck roving position, where as willits at best is a slow CHF.

Roughhead is also a highly skilled player by hand and foot, Willits I am not so sure (disposal) .

Just an opinion.

I agree Falconer

How about Danny Meyer from SA?? I only saw him in the last U/18's championship game against Vic Metro but he certainly looked a likely type. A chance to go top 20 perhaps?

Its probably easier just to throw names in and people say if they beleive the player will get drafted and if so what round?
Everyone knows the first round so maybe a few for the 2nd or 3rd rounds here. Only TAC CUP Players mind you.

Possible 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th Round Draft Picks:
CALDER
Dale May,Iaccaboucci,B.Jolley,Jesse D.Smith,Becker,Maric, Betts

DANDENONG
Moore,Garruba, Attard, Herrington

EASTERN:
Hill,Knights,Bate

OAKLEIGH:
Gillam,Hasset,

NTH BALLARAT:
Herring

BENDIGO:
Hill, Kirkby, McGlynn (wasnt that impressive on the weekend.)

NORTHERN:
M.Lynch, Jackson

SANDRINGHAM:
Gouley's, Murphy, Beaumont

Originally posted by desie
How about Danny Meyer from SA?? I only saw him in the last U/18's championship game against Vic Metro but he certainly looked a likely type. A chance to go top 20 perhaps?

I'd say he is a good chance, quality player.

Hawks2008 - Bate is too young. McGlynn is probably too small but the rest will be in the mix.

wat about nayna from the stingrays and rosa from north ballart and pattison from knights?
they are all the same names, what about some plays who are smokies and may get picked?

Originally posted by Hawks2008
Possible 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th Round Draft Picks:
CALDER
Dale May,Iaccaboucci,B.Jolley,Jesse D.Smith,Becker,Maric, Betts

DANDENONG
Moore,Garruba, Attard, Herrington

Interested to know why you included Herrington and not Little. They both seem to be similar types in that they are goalkickers who are on the small side. I would have thought that they lack the tricks to make it at the next level. Herrington's already been overlooked despite kicking a heap of goals last year and I would think Little's that in-between size that would make it tough for him to be picked up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Early Phantom Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back