• Yes

Votes: 186 78.2%
  • No

Votes: 44 18.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 8 3.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing that strikes me as odd is that reading this thread there are a lot of people who are fed up and want change.

But when I listen to SEN talkback, nearly every caller supports Bucks and McGuire. The disparity is quite strange.
Only Flat Earthers ring into SEN. I often want to punch the radio in whenever a "Collingwood" supporter rings in. Pretty sure there's plenty of wolves in sheep's clothing that call in too.

Yeah nah not twice in one day saying exactly the same thing. No ones got time for that!

It's a big commitment getting on talkback radio. First you've got to keep calling until you get through then wait on the line for 45 minutes IF they eventually put you on air.

It's bad enough that I was listening to SEN that much that I actually heard her both times!
SEN is a sports lovers dream.
It's not perfect but it's sport sport and more sport.
As that's what I listen too, (and the racing station) all the time, you do get certain callers that repeat call.
So it's not unusual.

You really think Collongwood football club is really worried about setting up a caller?

If they have that. Level of paranoia, might as well close the place.

So I call, she's just a lover of Collingwood.

Next we're going to think posters on here are Club plants ;)

I very much care how sausages are made.

I'm not talking about floor sweepings, mechanically reclaimed meat & those paste mystery bags that Coles/Woolies sell.

I'm talking Italian pork with provolone.

That's the sort of sausage I want running this club!!!:drunk::p
A great sausage should have great meat.
Lovely beef sausages
Yummy

SEN is a sports lovers dream.
It's not perfect but it's sport sport and more sport.
As that's what I listen too, (and the racing station) all the time, you do get certain callers that repeat call.
So it's not unusual.

You really think Collongwood football club is really worried about setting up a caller?

If they have that. Level of paranoia, might as well close the place.

So I call, she's just a lover of Collingwood.

Next we're going to think posters on here are Club plants ;)

Haha definitely a plant.

The fact is Eddie will not go till he is pushed out the door by a challenger, the unfortunate bit is there is no one in sight.
For the great job he has done, he has been there to long now and it is time for renewal.
But robbo's article will only strengthen Eddie's resolve to stay. So he is here to stay for a fair bit longer

Gold.

'Any hint of challenge is portrayed as betraying the ‘side by side’ code, which is not only undemocratic, but unhealthy to a successful organisation. This autocracy flies in the face of the ‘everyone is welcome’ ethos which helped bolster membership and attendances to record levels. Everyone is welcome, as long as they pay their membership, buy the merch and STFU.'

Late to this, but "rebuild"?
According to our CEO we are supposed to be in a golden period of challenging for Premierships.
What went wrong?
And how implicit in that are you Ed?
Rebuild? Only required because you have overseen the complete deconstruction of everything this club has stood for over the past 125 years.
We are no longer a football club, which at its roots has Premiership glory as its singular goal.
No, we are now a netball club. A woman's AFL club. A charity club.
Our focus is gone. We dint want or desire Premierships. We desire to be the premier social engineering club of the AFL.
And we appear to be succeeding.
Your pigheadness in refusing to pay the football department tax, a tax that triple Premiership club Hawthorn pay without complaint, has reduced our natural financial advantage to that of the pauper clubs.
Why do we not pay this tax? Is it because your policies have reduced our natural members financial advantage to zero? How much do the AFLW and netball teams suck from members AFL contributions!
Lots of questions Ed. Unfortunately those who have access to you won't ask them. Lest they be detached from the nipple of money that is CFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to our CEO we are supposed to be in a golden period of challenging for Premierships.
What went wrong?
Rebuild? Only required because you have overseen the complete deconstruction of everything this club has stood for over the past 125 years.
We are no longer a football club, which at its roots has Premiership glory as its singular goal.
Our focus is gone. We dint want or desire Premierships. We desire to be the premier social engineering club of the AFL.
Your pigheadness in refusing to pay the football department tax, a tax that triple Premiership club Hawthorn pay without complaint, has reduced our natural financial advantage to that of the pauper clubs.
Why do we not pay this tax? Is it because your policies have reduced our natural members financial advantage to zero? How much do the AFLW and netball teams suck from members AFL contributions!
Lots of questions Ed. Unfortunately those who have access to you won't ask them. Lest they be detached from the nipple of money that is CFC.

So the article kind of made it sound like Eddie wasn't paying the tax out of principle, since he's banging on the AFL about how it's unfair etc.

But how exactly does that do anything to drive change? Is he sitting there thinking 'that'll show em'? As if the AFL cares...all the other clubs have seemingly accepted it and moved on. It's only hurting Collingwood.

Anzac Day and queens birthday were fixtures before Eddie, has there been any more that he's brought in during his time? I cannot recall. It's the drawing power of the club that sees us in blockbusters.

He's done some good which should be celebrated, but I don't buy into the myth making either. It's not Eddie that made Collingwood, quite the opposite actually.

I would happily handover Queens Birthday to Essendon as it has become more about Daniher and fighting MND and I think that makes more sense. It is a great cause and this would be a better contest in that context. We are really the other club and the sentiment is with the Dees (I still think it impacted the umpires subconsciously this year). I am not sure we have a royalist supporter base either. We don't get the gate so there is not much incentive.

Anzac Day is the blockbuster and worth the challenge of the mid week fixture. Giving one up for which we get no real benefit should assist in arguing that we keep the Anzac Day tradition. Players come for that one.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

One thing re Eddie being energized with all these great 'ideas' and plans.

What are they? Surely they should be communicated to the members. I wonder whether the club constitution allows them? It seems like the members just don't matter anymore. Does a deal with Melbourne council to give access to the clubs gym. Do members get that access also?

Eddie seems to just take the revenue generated by members for granted, last year he got a shot across the bows, this year he is being taught a lesson and next year he faces a black hole as members quit out of sheer frustration.

I would happily handover Queens Birthday to Essendon as it has become more about Daniher and fighting MND and I think that makes more sense. It is a great cause and this would be a better contest in that context. We are really the other club and the sentiment is with the Dees (I still think it impacted the umpires subconsciously this year). I am not sure we have a royalist supporter base either. We don't get the gate so there is not much incentive.

Anzac Day is the blockbuster and worth the challenge of the mid week fixture. Giving one up for which we get no real benefit should assist in arguing that we keep the Anzac Day tradition. Players come for that one.

I agree but Eddie will not. He sells this game to sponsors. Only game on a public holiday on free to air, lots of eyes = dollars.

What is the point of making dollars when there are caps for everything in the AFL.

I can understand increasing your profit margin as a goal in the EPL BC there is no salary cap on managers and players.

If you're a powerful club you should be rewarded. Unfortunately you can't take advantage of a superior profit margin. You can dump it into facilities but seriously state of the art equipment etc who gives a shit.. weights are friggen weights.

What is the point of making dollars when there are caps for everything in the AFL.

I can understand increasing your profit margin as a goal in the EPL BC there is no salary cap on managers and players.

If you're a powerful club you should be rewarded. Unfortunately you can't take advantage of a superior profit margin. You can dump it into facilities but seriously state of the art equipment etc who gives a shit.. weights are friggen weights.

But we have a netball side, womens footy side and our charities to support. Come on man, where are your priorities?

But we have a netball side, womens footy side and our charities to support. Come on man, where are your priorities?

Investing our profits in hotels and pubs does exactly what for football when there's caps in place for everything? F all.. we are selling a brand that's already proven. We can own half of Melbourne.. our profits can't be utilised where it matters most.. our football department.

What went wrong?
I will not be renewing my membership next year. I am not happy with the direction the club has taken. I never asked for a netball side or aflw side. We are struggling and we invest in rubbish like that? Collingwood has become a money making machine and I dare say everyone is pocketing their share of it too. I'd love to see the books personally. It would not surprise me if this was the case.

I agree. We do not need queens birthday. Give it away.

Investing our profits in hotels and pubs does exactly what for football when there's caps in place for everything? F all.. we are selling a brand that's already proven. We can own half of Melbourne.. our profits can't be utilised where it matters most.. our football department.
Our profits are being utilised alright. Lining the board members pockets in under the table payments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumped Eddie adamant he will lead club through a rebuild

Back