News Eddie Betts outta here - every day I get in the queue to get on the bus that takes me to you (too much, Magic Bus)

Remove this Banner Ad

Then I'm glad you don't work at the club, because we looked nowhere near the team that won it.

And it wasn't the players that lost us that GF.

It was the same shit that is still an issue; terrible selection, a game plan which totally ignores the opposition.

Are you reading this idea, I don’t want or think we need a review?

27.8.19 today. We 100% need a review.

I think you’re missing my point...

2017 was ALMOST the perfect season until the last game of the year.

Then we capitulated. A review (of sorts) should absolutely have been conducted.

Assuming improvement is dangerous and the root cause of our collapse when it mattered most should’ve been established.

Reviews don’t have to be a dirty word and in an industry as ruthless as this one if you don’t win the GF, you conduct a review.

As for your second point - 2019 we don’t need a review - we need some light artillery fire followed up by flamethrowers to scorch the earth and start the club again from the ground up.

You can hardly compare Fog to Eddie.
"DARCY Darcyyyyyy" has a good sound to it as he kicks goals from 60 out....

If Eddie hllle stays with us how many of those kids are gonna see him play on the suburban grounds of Adelaide for our SANFL side.

Look I dont want.him to go. But like it or not his inability to make an impact against good teams is one reason, a small.one, for why we only beat St Kilda and Gold Coast after the bye.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

And it wasn't the players that lost us that GF.

It was the same s**t that is still an issue; terrible selection, a game plan which totally ignores the opposition.
It wasn't JUST the players, but they did **** the bed. Selection played little part in it though.

Sydney didn't make it past the second week of finals and not sure how Collingwood will do.

Since that Grand Final loss, Sydney have finished 6th 6th and 15th, so yes after a Grand Final loss you should do a review evidently.

Do you understand your own argument?

No

I honestly thought we would bounce back and be a contender again.

I did too, but what I didnt know was just how the players were mentally shot before the GF and the "permanent: scars they received from the GF itself.

If I knew that I wouldnt have believed we would bounce back. Once this became apparent IMO a review should have taken place immediately.

I think you’re missing my point...

2017 was ALMOST the perfect season until the last game of the year.

Then we capitulated. A review (of sorts) should absolutely have been conducted.

Assuming improvement is dangerous and the root cause of our collapse when it mattered most should’ve been established.

Reviews don’t have to be a dirty word and in an industry as ruthless as this one if you don’t win the GF, you conduct a review.

As for your second point - 2019 we don’t need a review - we need some light artillery fire followed up by flamethrowers to scorch the earth and start the club again from the ground up.

Hypothetically Kate Ellis and Dave Paemberthy called for a external review after the 2017 Grand Fina loss. No way was that getting passed. No board would have done that.

Hindsight suggests it was needed but at the time, only the most negative of negative person would have called for one.

I did too, but what I didnt know was just how the players were mentally shot before the GF and the "permanent: scars they received from the GF itself.

If I knew that I wouldnt have believed we would bounce back. Once this became apparent IMO a review should have taken place immediately.

The review should have been started the day after the Showdown smashing this year.

Do you understand your own argument?

I don't understand what point you are trying to make. You thought it would be all roses and no review was required.

I thought at the time that the players would be mentally shot after spending so many years trying to get there and then being belted off the park. The club should have recognised this internally and done something about it.

End of discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really … what happened after that … the offseason. Think about that for moment, not always is cutting edge the best "fit for purpose" move.
But Burton is an innovative thinker!

He has to be because he's absolutely clueless about the basics of running a footy club, so tries to show his intelligence by coming up with "innovative" ideas. He's like some Facebook mom into new-age psuedo science so she doesn't need to vaccinate her children and if you don't agree it's cause you're not smart enough and she knows better than everyone.

The review should have been started the day after the Showdown smashing this year.

In hindsight the warning signs were in Round 1. Losing to the Hawks in the manner in which we did should have sent alarm bells ringing.

did your mum just wake you to use the potty or did you wet the bed,can’t you wait till tomorrow and bully more kids in the school yard

Sure, ok, that hurts. I’m devastated, oh please no more. Anything but that

Right, now your limp wristed efforts are out of the way:

Why don’t you answer the question - why are you hiding behind a dormant account?

In hindsight the warning signs were in Round 1. Losing to the Hawks in the manner in which we did should have sent alarm bells ringing.

The alarm bells were already ringing when they brought back David Mackay off no pre season with a near full list to choose from

In hindsight, the warning signs was that ****ing camp. However, thats the point for using hindsight.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Eddie Betts outta here - every day I get in the queue to get on the bus that takes me to you (too much, Magic Bus)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back