News Eddie Betts outta here - every day I get in the queue to get on the bus that takes me to you (too much, Magic Bus)

Remove this Banner Ad

We've had players come to us without knowing who our coach is before.

I suspect our list team will know more than we do about coaching etc.
This ain’t about not knowing who our coach is, this is coming into a toxic environment which players and coaches want to leave

Again, why ??

They might be getting rid of him but aren't yet.

Betts is on FiveAA Breakfast tomorrow morning.

He is arguably the most popular player at the AFC.

It is pretty ****ing obvious that the AFC should be controlling the message here.

Sorry, where is the issue here?
You see no issue?

OK fair question. My issue is that the response from the Crows after a poor GF performance and a pre season camp that totally over reacted to that performance and the continual departures of quality since capitulating in that Grand Final has highlighted major problems in the leadership group as well as the football department. So the first casualty of the shitstorm resulting from 2017 is "Eddie Betts" And I am staggered that so many on BF are happy to label him as the major problem with our complete lack of competitive ability this season. It so obviously runs much deeper than this.
I don't believe it is right that there are people within the Crows making these decisions that soon may be out the door themselves.

It is pretty ******* obvious that the AFC should be controlling the message here.

Ask any kid who their favourite crows player is - most will say Eddie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barass the Carlton poster with a huge strikerate says Betts is keen to go back

If true sorry to see such a sad end to his time at Adelaide, I thought he’d be chaired off and celebrated. Footy is a harsh business. I watched your games because he was such an exciting player and genuine nice guy, made good after some tough times. I was rooting for you guys to win in 2017 because of the smile that would have been on the little guys face if you won.

Romantic in me says I’d love to see the move back to Carlton happen, and I think Eddie is better than who we currently have trying to play that role.

The only word of caution I’d add is that Yarran, Garlett and Robinson all went off the rails after he left Carlton so need to be careful and provide support where needed.

It is pretty ******* obvious that the AFC should be controlling the message here.
I just don't see it as big of an issue as you do. 33yo wants extra guarantee on his contract, club who is about to start rebuild doesn't want to do so.

He will stay or retire if he can't get a suitable trade. Nothing to see here.

Gold Coast makes sense both Eddie and his wife are particularly close with Mitch Robinson and partner and Charlie Cameron and partner as well as Eddie being great mates with Jarrod Harbrow and Izak Rankine, they would be odds on as a preferred destination if Eddie goes.

Last edited:
Nah seriously your post was ordinary. If you want to argue your point you don't need to get personal.
That wasn't an insult, I was insinuating you made up the problem because there is none.

Ask any kid who their favourite crows player is - most will say Eddie
Next year they will say Fog.

It is going to happen this year or next.

Most of this board has been crying about how we play old guys ahead of young guys.

Now it is rumored,still a rumour, the club has made a call on Eddie and people are acting.like the club will.cave in (even moreso) if he leaves us this year.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

News Eddie Betts outta here - every day I get in the queue to get on the bus that takes me to you (too much, Magic Bus)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back