Eddie goes bang

Remove this Banner Ad

Good on Ed for firing back, all just a bit of fun between rivals you'd think, but does he really believe he's perceived as Captain Nice Guy? I remember us taking your assistant recruiter and hiring him as our draft manager, and Eddie went off on Hot Brekky telling everyone he'd poach all of our staff. As if anyone wanted 2013-era Melbourne staff anyway. Not having a crack at you lot, or anything, but just wondering whether you'd prefer Ed to keep a lower profile as Collingwood President with a crucial year coming up for Buckley?

Ahhhhh Gary Lyon 2008?

"The symbolism of today shouldn't be lost on anyone," Lyon said.

"I think you will enjoy the fact that whilst tonight is the rebirth of this great footy club, our greatest rival is in disarray.

"The Collingwood footy club is going down the plughole as the Melbourne footy club re-establishes itself as a power."

2 years later we were premiers. :)
Like a fine wine that comment, ages well every year

Melbourne have some nerve considering the charity we've been giving them the past 10+ years with the home Queen's Birthday game
And instead of talking publically Ed should have simply gone to the AFL and told them that deal is off.
Rotating home games year in year.
Don't tell the Dee's, just make it so.

Good on him.
Melbourne have done nothing to get smart arsed about and if they want to heap shit on anyone heap it on the bloke who failed to live up to his contract...Malthouse.

Would rather just respond by doing well on the field then stooping to their level.

Nah, you wouldn't.

You'd be bored senseless.

It'd be like being a Hawthorn supporter. President is a nobody. No inhouse VFL team. No women's team. No netball team. No drugs scandals. No question about whether the senior coach can coach. No question about whether the assistant coaches can coach.

It's like holidaying at a Club Med. It seems all very idyllic but after a week your crawling up the walls to go home

You wanna know the real reason why the succession plan failed? It's because in 2011 some Collingwood fans dared say that they were getting bored of our dominating performance. They jinxed us!!! :mad:

I remember a time when I was playing mixed indoor cricket. One of our guys was being abused by the opposition and I stepped in and started mouthing off in support (very politely). They then backed off, I went to my friend and asked him, "what was that about?"
Moral of the story? Head first and ask the questions after.
No-one outside the team or our club puts us down, only we can do that.:p

I remember a time when I was playing mixed indoor cricket. One of our guys was being abused by the opposition and I stepped in and started mouthing off in support (very politely). They then backed off, I went to my friend and asked him, "what was that about?"
Moral of the story? Head first and ask the questions after.
No-one outside the team or our club puts us down, only we can do that.:p

Loving your work, that's awesome! I'm with you 100%, nobody has a crack at us and goes unchecked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I spent the first twelve months of my life in Broady. Then the next 20yrs in Noble Park, til I spread my wings.

I was blessed with a rather privileged upbringing in Avondale Heights :p

Good on Ed for firing back, all just a bit of fun between rivals you'd think, but does he really believe he's perceived as Captain Nice Guy? I remember us taking your assistant recruiter and hiring him as our draft manager, and Eddie went off on Hot Brekky telling everyone he'd poach all of our staff. As if anyone wanted 2013-era Melbourne staff anyway. Not having a crack at you lot, or anything, but just wondering whether you'd prefer Ed to keep a lower profile as Collingwood President with a crucial year coming up for Buckley?

I'm happy for Ed to fire up a bit this year. As long as it's about footy.

Nothing wrong with a boy from Broady slapping a silvertail;)...sick em Ed.

LOL, I think Ed goes on a bit too much about it. He's just a bit tasteless sometimes. I reckon my area is tough. Preston produced the most games played player who love(d) smoking bongs and Andy Lovett, to name a few. Smackies and Icies everywhere on High Street. Make sure you keep you bike's locked, old friend of mine from my childhood his business is to steal them and sells them on the street. :eek: Having an aboriginal step bro makes me safe when supporting the Pies at the Junction, or shouting down the Hawks, not that I/we go there that much. :) Then you've got the hipster proof fence that is Bell street that is a stone throw away from Thornbury/Northcote and something very different.

Ed's Broady boys got nothing on some of the scary folk of Preston.

Last edited:
Can someone explain why we give them this charity?

To help a financially struggling club increase their revenue through a guaranteed blockbuster every year off the back of a huge team supporter base, hence why Melbourne treat it as their GF. In return for this, the AFL gives Collingwood 1 less interstate game a year and that's the reason why we only play 5 interstate games instead of 6.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie goes bang

Remove this Banner Ad

Back