Eddie goes bang

Remove this Banner Ad

In which sense? It was a two part plan. Part one, tick. Part two, cross. Therefore no concerns with Jackson's statement given only Collingwood people consider it a success.

Your response is exactly my point on the re writing of history. You have no concerns with what Jackson said, yet he is saying their succession plan is a success and ours wasn't. How silly. We won a flag and played in a grand final in the first two years of our succession, they haven't even made finals.

You are saying ours was not a success because of the position the incumbent finds himself in now. Yet we have no idea about how the Melb incumbent will go, so how can you have no concerns with what Jackson said comparing the two handovers. They are currently only comparable via the first few years of the transition and we are way ahead on that basis.

Jackson is talking nonsense and you have stated you have no concern with the nonsense he has put forward.

Last edited:

Horseshit. If that's what you got from my post then you need to re-read it.

I did re-read it and you pretty much saying Eddie did not learn from Early in the Year with the Caro Shit

If the roles were reversed and Ed said it about another club I'd be wishing he'd shut up and mind his own business.
Happy for him to defend our club as long as that's the extent of his commentary on other clubs.

Good on him...

What have Melbourne done in the last 60 years honestly?!

If the roles were reversed and Ed said it about another club I'd be wishing he'd shut up and mind his own business.
Happy for him to defend our club as long as that's the extent of his commentary on other clubs.

Ed will never Change

Sigh. Sometimes it's a good strategy to ignore the jibes and provocations. Rise above it and all that. Be statesmanlike. Just sayin...

While nominations are open for contesting his board position?

No chance.

Your response is exactly my point on the re writing of history. You have no concerns with what Jackson said, yet he is saying their succession plan is a success and ours wasn't. How silly. We won a flag and played in a grand final in the first two years of our succession, they haven't even made finals.

You are saying ours was not a success because of the position the incumbent finds himself in now. Yet we have no idea about how the Melb incumbent will go, so how can you have no concerns with what Jackson said comparing the two handovers. They are currently only comparable via the first few years of the transition and we are way ahead on that basis.

Jackson is talking nonsense and you have stated you have no concern with the nonsense he has put forward.

Cool. The only other comment I'd make is that it currently is a success for them until proven otherwise as it was for us at this point in time 5 years ago, enjoy because I'm out :thumbsu:

I don't see the problem ...

Melbourne have gotten coverage over it. Melbourne supporters will feel proud. All good for Melbourne.

Collingwood have gotten coverage over it. Collingwood supporters will feel proud. All good for Collingwood.

Ed has been given a free kick at a time when he is up for re-election. Good for Ed.

The media have gotten a story out of it - good for the media.

Everybody is a winner, why would we have wanted or expected this to be handled any differently?

I did re-read it and you pretty much saying Eddie did not learn from Early in the Year with the Caro Shit
No, that's not even close to what I was saying. I wasn't even talking about Eddie, I was talking about Melbourne FC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool. The only other comment I'd make is that it currently is a success for them until proven otherwise as it was for us at this point in time 5 years ago, enjoy because I'm out :thumbsu:

Nup. We were way ahead of them at the comparable time, which is what makes Jacksons comments laughable. Thanks for the chat. See ya :thumbsu:

This quote from Ed in the article gives a good insight into his state of mind on the matter ...

Ed in the article said:
"In 2008 when we did the succession plan - Collingwood then played in a preliminary final, won a premiership, played in a grand final, played in a preliminary final and then decided to rebuild because we had the bloke installed that we wanted to to get there,”

... The succession plan was done in 2009 (not 2008). And so we won a Premiership in the first year of it (not made a prelim). This error in detail implies that he either ...

(A) is lying deliberately (why would he?)
(B) has moved on a long time ago and doesn't give any thought to this stuff
(C) is going senile
(D) any other options?

"Lock in 'B' thanks Ed."

Hi all,
Please don't flame me. I'm not sure why the reference to Jackson at bombers as others have said, it seems like a chance just for Ed to whack.
I don't get the anger at Jackson's comments, given how many seem to feel about bucks and so many Collingwood people and fans have acknowledged the handover and fallout could have been handled better. Why the anger at him saying that? Ed's voice doesn't always need a reply, just get on with it as I've got a feeling with Roos gone Melbourne will feel it hard.

Not sure what you are getting at here? Was that a swipe at my grammar?

Not at your grammar but the analogy.......the whole tit for tat thing and being childish!

Its all good. Carry on.

Ed's desperate for his brainchild aka the succession plan not to be remembered as a complete and utter disaster, retaliating and having potshots at other clubs doesn't change any of that. Only appeases the masses.

Hi all,
Please don't flame me. I'm not sure why the reference to Jackson at bombers as others have said, it seems like a chance just for Ed to whack.
I don't get the anger at Jackson's comments, given how many seem to feel about bucks and so many Collingwood people and fans have acknowledged the handover and fallout could have been handled better. Why the anger at him saying that? Ed's voice doesn't always need a reply, just get on with it as I've got a feeling with Roos gone Melbourne will feel it hard.
Perhaps because we can say what we want about our club, our coach, our players and don't like it when those that live in glass houses throw stones.

Not at your grammar but the analogy.......the whole tit for tat thing and being childish!

Its all good. Carry on.
Gee some words in your post jumped out at me and gave it hole different meaning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie goes bang

Remove this Banner Ad

Back