Eddie goes bang

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all,
Please don't flame me. I'm not sure why the reference to Jackson at bombers as others have said, it seems like a chance just for Ed to whack.
I don't get the anger at Jackson's comments, given how many seem to feel about bucks and so many Collingwood people and fans have acknowledged the handover and fallout could have been handled better. Why the anger at him saying that? Ed's voice doesn't always need a reply, just get on with it as I've got a feeling with Roos gone Melbourne will feel it hard.

perfect.png

Hi all,
Please don't flame me. I'm not sure why the reference to Jackson at bombers as others have said, it seems like a chance just for Ed to whack.
I don't get the anger at Jackson's comments, given how many seem to feel about bucks and so many Collingwood people and fans have acknowledged the handover and fallout could have been handled better. Why the anger at him saying that? Ed's voice doesn't always need a reply, just get on with it as I've got a feeling with Roos gone Melbourne will feel it hard.
It's like a little chihuahua yapping at your feet, you ignore it and it'll keep yapping, you pick it up and boot it down the street it won't.

(Violence against animals, nahnah says no, just an example)

Perhaps because we can say what we want about our club, our coach, our players and don't like it when those that live in glass houses throw stones.

Fair enough, was just asking because he said no different to many Collingwood people. FWIW I think pies will be happier than dees 2017, don't get why Ed felt the need to reply.

Fair enough, was just asking because he said no different to many Collingwood people. FWIW I think pies will be happier than dees 2017, don't get why Ed felt the need to reply.
I'll try again, when Mitchell attempted a needle jab or when he sticks his leg out, or Clarko smashing a wall or a reporter and you discuss it amongst yourselves that is okay. What if a supporter or administrator from another club comes out and says the same things but is critical? I can't imagine any of you staying quiet.

I'm actually ok with Ed's reaction there.

I don't think there was anything wrong with the succession plan in it's intention and execution. The issue was the personalities involved. Mind you, Melbourne's handover is JUST happening.

For all they know, they could be cellar dwellers for the next 3 seasons. Bit early to be firing shots at us.

Time to return to alternating the gate for the QB match.

Happy for the club to support these tryhards but if their response is to fling shoit or nominate F/S players in the draft then fluck 'em!

I'll try again, when Mitchell attempted a needle jab or when he sticks his leg out, or Clarko smashing a wall or a reporter and you discuss it amongst yourselves that is okay. What if a supporter or administrator from another club comes out and says the same things but is critical? I can't imagine any of you staying quiet.

I'll try again, I'm not sure your comparisons are relevant to this situation, my intentions weren't to potshot about team colours, was just thoughts and attempts to engage in reasonable discussion beyond club loyalty. Apologies if I crossed any board/forum lines. Moving on.

I'll try again, I'm not sure your comparisons are relevant to this situation, my intentions weren't to potshot about team colours, was just thoughts and attempts to engage in reasonable discussion beyond club loyalty. Apologies if I crossed any board/forum lines. Moving on.
Nah, you don't get it. What else is there besides club loyalty?
Thanks for dropping by.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all,

Jackons comments demonstrate people will say anything when they are desperate for a 20 seconds grab on the news. I guess its tough for minnows to get any coverage. Make a stupid comment and people take notice.

Jackons comments demonstrate people will say anything when they are desperate for a 20 seconds grab on the news. I guess its tough for minnows to get any coverage. Make a stupid comment and people take notice.

I get that. However as I tried to discuss, was it that inflammatory when Collingwood people have said it themselves?
Anyways as I've said moving on and left apologies for my attempt to have conversation and will talk elsewhere.

Not at your grammar but the analogy.......the whole tit for tat thing and being childish!
Its all good. Carry on.
Cheers. Yeah analogies stink, don't know why I went there. I was on about why bother what Melbourne has to say if they are a rabble, responding in kind is not as good a put down as laughing and ignoring. Anyway, as you post all good and carry on.

I get that. However as I tried to discuss, was it that inflammatory when Collingwood people have said it themselves?
Anyways as I've said moving on and left apologies for my attempt to have conversation and will talk elsewhere.

you'll find this is the best club board on BF (unless you go off tap!) to post on.

Ed's desperate for his brainchild aka the succession plan not to be remembered as a complete and utter disaster, retaliating and having potshots at other clubs doesn't change any of that. Only appeases the masses.

Ed responded to a potshot. If Jackson had not taken his cheap little swipe then we wouldn't be having this conversation. What Ed said about the Dees was spot on.

Nah, you don't get it. What else is there besides club loyalty?
Thanks for dropping by.
Nationalism, racism, hey even blokes sticking together ... I love the pies but that love has made me question players and anyone else, including presidents, involved with the club. I hang around here for discussion on footy with a focus on the pies. Club loyalty doesn't have that much to do with that, especially given all to often particular views are associated with whether or not one is worthy of being a true supporter

Happy with Ed responding, that joke of a club wouldn't even exist if their ex-president didn't die of cancer.
enhanced-24106-1435713394-1.png

In which sense? It was a two part plan. Part one, tick. Part two, cross. Therefore no concerns with Jackson's statement given only Collingwood people consider it a success.

You rightly point out part ONE gave us a flag - for Jackosn to suggest their plan has been successful by ANY comparison is absurd.
Frankly Part 2 never started.
But if flags are the true measure of success then the plan worked - and until MFC win 2 flags under Goodwin they have nothing to crow about.

Nationalism, racism, hey even blokes sticking together ... I love the pies but that love has made me question players and anyone else, including presidents, involved with the club. I hang around here for discussion on footy with a focus on the pies. Club loyalty doesn't have that much to do with that, especially given all to often particular views are associated with whether or not one is worthy of being a true supporter
I was trying to point out to the Hawks supporter that despite what we say about our club. our players, even to each other there is a huge difference between that and someone outside Collingwood making the same criticisms.
We stick together when it comes to outsiders making comments. He didn't get it when I tried to explain.

Melbournes utter ineptitude, year upon year is only being hidden by the changing nature and professionalism of the draft and the fact that they have an absolute raft of high draft picks throughout their list. Not to mention, as Ed rightly did, the total AFL bailout of this basket case club who probably should have folded. To even get them looking across the way at us with raised eyebrows is enough to need to put them back in their cushy little AFL / Collingwood sponsored box.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie goes bang

Remove this Banner Ad

Back