Play Nice Eddie McGuire comments on holding Caro Wilson underwater

Remove this Banner Ad

x-men-apocalypse-billboard-large_trans++eo_i_u9APj8RuoebjoAHt0k9u7HhRJvuo-ZLenGRumA.jpg

this caused outrage also, and offended persons expressed their outrage on social media citing violence against women.

some felt this was ok but found issue with mcguires words.
This is possibly the most bizarre post I've ever seen. It's like you've forgotten halfway through what point you were making.

I tend to find they go hand in hand from middle-aged white men who don't want to see anyone treated with the respect that they get.

I don't care how desperate you are to virtue signal everyone - you don't just get to throw these serious accusations around like confetti. No wonder these words are fast losing their impact.

Pretty shit convo to be having, from these so called "leaders".

You'd think Carey would have enough self-awareness to steer well clear of any insinuated abuse or assault of a woman with his history, but obviously he's not that bright.

If only Brayshaw did a disappearing act like his mate, Garry.

Having listened to the podcast, I'm not as harsh on Carey.

He chuckled along with it - but at the first opportunity he piped up and said he wasn't tipping into it, and was merely replying to Eddie saying "I'm here", which the transcript supports. So you could possibly construe his laughter as uncomfortable laughing along?

Or maybe I'm being too kind to him.

In any case, Brayshaw should've realised he had a problem when Carey was the one with the self awareness (along with Barrett) to say that he wasn't buying into it.

Thats right, white males don't understand anything and can have no opinion on such matters.

Brainwashed AF

No. They just don't have a right to decide what women find sexist. Most evolved men are/should be happy to take women's word for it.

Thats right, white males don't understand anything and can have no opinion on such matters.

Brainwashed AF

Most white males have never experienced these things and have never thought much about them, compared to people who regularly face discrimination. Like most things, people who are more educated on a topic are correct more often than people who aren't.

So we want to treat her equally in the industry, yet treat her differently at the same time?

Okay
Remind me of the time they said they should hold a male journalists head under water and get people to jump on them to hold them down further so that they "don't come up".

The comments about torturing and murdering someone are bad enough without the sexism element.

Absolutely nobody would be saying that is okay. Why are you making this assumption?
Because the message should not be "don't drown women" it should be "don't drown anybody"

Most white males have never experienced these things and have never thought much about them, compared to people who regularly face discrimination. Like most things, people who are more educated on a topic are correct more often than people who aren't.

Yes, and im sure they've been handed everything on a platter their whole life and never had to work for anything too....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

x-men-apocalypse-billboard-large_trans++eo_i_u9APj8RuoebjoAHt0k9u7HhRJvuo-ZLenGRumA.jpg

this caused outrage also, and offended persons expressed their outrage on social media citing violence against women.

some felt this was ok but found issue with mcguires words.
I'm more offended at the half-arsed attempt at portraying 'Apocolypse' by that particular studio.

But if it was a guy he wanted to drown it would be ok though right?

No, it would still be promoting violence.

It's just a dumb thing to say, there's no escaping that. It serves no purpose aside from creating controversy, which is exactly the reason it was said to start with.

Consider this:

If he said that about your father/mother/wife/children, would you be cool about it?

I'm guessing not. Now consider WHY you might feel aggrieved if he made those comments about those people, and extrapolate your thinking from there.

It's really not that hard.

No, McGuire made it sexist for promoting violence against women.

The fact you don't see that says a lot more about you than it says about me.
Why is violence against women and not just violence?

Remind me of the time they said they should hold a male journalists head under water and get people to jump on them to hold them down further so that they "don't come up".

The comments about torturing and murdering someone are bad enough without the sexism element.

I acknowledge the comments are completely classless and distasteful, but that's not the issue we are discussing here.

I mean, OP even said in this thread about Eddies attack on Goodes, who is male....and as if Eddie hasn't had a crack at 100 other males over the years.

Eddies just a flog...

But if it was a guy he wanted to drown it would be ok though right?

Such a typical response.

Ignore the sexist advocacy of violence against women and throw up distractionary strawman arguments about "what if it was a man."

It wasn't made about a man, so your post is moot.

And it wouldn't be (and hasn't been) made about a man because it's symptomatic of the blokey, casual sexism bullshit that the AFL has never properly dealt with - and clearly nor has society to look at the bullshit "what about men" replies to this thread.

Because the message should not be "don't drown women" it should be "don't drown anybody"
And maybe part of "don't drown anybody" should be analysing violence, and the major reasons it happens, and realising that a large amount of violence is caused by men taking advantage of their natural physical advantage over women and children to intimidate and threaten them, and to eradicate all violence we need to eradicate this type.
Yes, and im sure they've been handed everything on a platter their whole life and never had to work for anything too....
Absolutely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice Eddie McGuire comments on holding Caro Wilson underwater

Remove this Banner Ad

Back