Play Nice Eddie McGuire comments on holding Caro Wilson underwater

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is violence against women and not just violence?
Why did Melbourne and the Dogs campaign to raise awareness of Breast Cancer and not all cancer the other week?

This is possibly the most bizarre post I've ever seen. It's like you've forgotten halfway through what point you were making.

both incidents depict violence against women. fwiw i dont find offence at either, but highlighting the ability of man to become outraged.

Who decides who is allowed an opinion?

The offended person/people - in this case women - have the right to decide whether they've been offended.

Men don't get to decide what's sexist towards women. That much is surely obvious?

both incidents depict violence against women. fwiw i dont find offence at either, but highlighting the ability of man to become outraged.
It's almost like one's in a fictional film and one's not.

Hi, as a white male, who has never experienced racism or sexism, I feel like I'm the perfect person to explain exactly what constitutes these things.

Never mind that white males can experience both those things, but are you really suggesting people aren't capable of empathy and compassion unless they belong specifically to the group affected?

McGuire loves dishing it out but has a glass jaw when it comes to copping it.

Apparently so do a lot of the people in this thread defending their attitudes towards violence against women and "casual sexism".

Never mind that white males can experience both those things, but are you really suggesting people aren't capable of empathy and compassion unless they belong specifically to the group affected?
I'm suggesting people who haven't experienced it are less likely to be as highly educated with regards to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your profile says you're male? Take your own advice and close this thread then.

I'll just re-post another really good comment that someone made in response:

are you really suggesting people aren't capable of empathy and compassion unless they belong specifically to the group affected?

That first sentence, you're being wayyyyyy too sensitive.

Second sentence, please go on....

I mean, I honestly hate Eddie and James, I dont even know who the bigger flog is, they're both that bad.....are you one of those lefties trying to shut down free speech?

Um, is talking about drowning another journalist 'free speech' now? Not even discussing left v right, you're just stupid if you think this is what free speech is about...

Didn't hear these comments at the time, but heard them through the Guardian website link.
I wouldn't go so far to call McGuire racist or sexist, just a f*cking dumb attempt at his brand of 'blokey humour'.
This is the side of McGuire I really don't like and unfortunately there have been too many occurrences (often on Triple M radio).
If only someone who was on air with McGuire at the time had the conviction to call him out on his stupidity.

And maybe part of "don't drown anybody" should be analysing violence, and the major reasons it happens, and realising that a large amount of violence is caused by men taking advantage of their natural physical advantage over women and children to intimidate and threaten them, and to eradicate all violence we need to eradicate this type.
Men are twice as likely to murder other men as they are to murder women. Yes domestic violence is predominantly female victims but in general most victims of violence are men. Clearly misogyny and sexism are not the defining factor.

Last edited:
Wow, nobbyiscool is the exact kind of Flog I can't stand in this world. Looking, searching for things to be offended over. Bet you think you're such a good person up on your noble high horse sipping inner city lattes with your designer beard, Coke bottle glasses and artsy uni education. Get stuffed flog

^ Andrew Bolt has arrived ^

Um, is talking about drowning another journalist 'free speech' now? Not even discussing left v right, you're just stupid if you think this is what free speech is about...

Its heading down that path...which is why i asked if he is one of those sensitive lefties?

Would help with some perspective

It's almost like one's in a fictional film and one's not.

i know that. as i said, i dont get upset or smash keyboards over societal issues. just highlighting those who did and do

furthermore, i like caro. felt she was unfairly treated during the essendon drug saga. some of the comments from essendon fans (and others) was disgusting and disrespectful

Didn't hear these comments at the time, but heard them through the Guardian website link.
I wouldn't go so far to call McGuire racist or sexist, just a f*cking dumb attempt at his brand of 'blokey humour'.
This is the side of McGuire I really don't like and unfortunately there have been too many occurrences (often on Triple M radio).
If only someone who was on air with McGuire at the time had the conviction to call him out on his stupidity.

"Casual sexism" is still sexism, just as "casual racism" is still racism.

I agree with your last 2 lines though. It defies belief that this man still goes to air without a delay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice Eddie McGuire comments on holding Caro Wilson underwater

Remove this Banner Ad

Back