Eddie offers up Queens Birthday to North

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon if Eddie was a really really great bloke instead of just a really great bloke.He would say righto Any D just to show my very own personal football club known as Collingwood is also very fair and equal.We(I) declare we(I) will play 2 games in Perth,2 games in Adelaide,2 in Sydney and 2 in Qld next year to take my great team to it's fans interstate who love me(them ) so much.
Come on Eddie don't just be really great but really really great.
But if you wanted to be really really really great you could play North in Tassie to help them and play a home game in Darwin against Port.
How does that sound Eddies disciples??:confused:
8 Interstate games + 14 MCG games and none at Etihad? We'll take it

Anyway quite enjoying the hate by Melbourne fans of this proposal, even they can admit that time of games doesnt = money its the opposition, a blockbuster isnt a blockbuster when it involves North even if they play it on a public holiday, stand alone, hell they can have a whole weekend to themselves and it still wont be a blockbuster

Surprised the North fans are not jumping all over this in here. In numerous threads you guys are complaining about not getting any blockbuster games and here is a stand alone game and all you can do is still complain about the draw instead of wanting this game itself.

It seems a sad fact that North fans are our version of NRL supporters want to sit at home and watch games then want money from every corner of the game to help them survive.

Surprised the North fans are not jumping all over this in here. In numerous threads you guys are complaining about not getting any blockbuster games and here is a stand alone game and all you can do is still complain about the draw instead of wanting this game itself.

It seems a sad fact that North fans are our version of NRL supporters want to sit at home and watch games then want money from every corner of the game to help them survive.

We'll take the QB time slot if you don't want it but North vs Dees isn't a blockbuster level game though.

Happy to play Essendon, Carlton or Hawthorn on that timeslot. But, it is not within Collingwood's power to do that and Eddie knows it, he is just being a w***er, as usual.

Eddie please tell me why North would want your spot on Queens Bday. We make all the money on the gate because it's our home game. Real generous of you there Eddie. Handing over a game of no value to North. And no they cannot have our spot.
Its Melbourne's home game because Collingwood gave up their right to it on alternating years so that Melbourne can keep the gate.
Its supposed to operate the same way as ANZAC day with each club taking it turns as a home game.

Therefore Collingwood could rightfully give up their position to North and North could get the gate taking every second year

Eddie please tell me why North would want your spot on Queens Bday. We make all the money on the gate because it's our home game. Real generous of you there Eddie. Handing over a game of no value to North. And no they cannot have our spot.

In numerous threads North fans have written that due to lack of blockbuster games, kids when choosing a team look past them due to not playing any and choose to barrack for the clubs that play in them.And that has effected the numbers we see today.

Here is a chance for a stand alone game for them to stick their teeth into and change that. It should not make a difference if they make money or not it is about exposer.

It would suck for Melbourne though i must admit.

We'll take the QB time slot if you don't want it but North vs Dees isn't a blockbuster level game though.

Happy to play Essendon, Carlton or Hawthorn on that timeslot. But, it is not within Collingwood's power to do that and Eddie knows it, he is just being a w***er, as usual.
If North was fair dinkum, they should demand to play Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, Carlton, Essendon and St Kilda twice per year. But if that were to happen would we be discussing North's "horror draw"?

Im surprised Collingwood supporters cant read, theres very few if any North supporters say we wouldnt play it if offered. We never get a home game at the MCG where in the past we have posted crowds of the 50-70k region. Not all the time, but never have we claimed to be the most popular team going around.

Whats really surprising however, if all North people and others if you read are suggesting is a purely fair draw that gives no favoritism.

Just in case that went over you heads again ill repeat it 'what clubs what to see is a draw that favors no team'. As suggested by some, do the time slots, fixtures based of position on the ladder, that would be totally fair to all teams. Collingwood currently have earnt that right so good on em.

Its amazing North supporters wanting a fairer fixture, time slots ect are whingers, yet most Collingwood supporters defend their god given right to favorable treatment because they can generate more revenue. We following corporation or football clubs here?

Luckily the rest of the world doesnt work that way or BHP would just take over any new mining discoveries made. And while on BHP, they pay massive taxes which a percentage ends up in you dole payment, dont hear them squealing about equalization.

If North was fair dinkum, they should demand to play Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, Carlton, Essendon and St Kilda twice per year. But if that were to happen would we be discussing North's "horror draw"?

It is a horror draw when you are a bottom 8 calibre side, not if you are a top 8 calibre side. I'd be happy to play those clubs twice. Given we have a decent record against Hawks, Carlton and Essendon and the other three are clubs we need to overcome to go forwards.

I just dislike always playing at Skilled stadium every year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"I'll give you one, we'll give up Queen's Birthday, they can have that. North can play Melbourne. There you go, it's the game that's attracted the biggest home game (crowd) ever, 99,000 in 1958, so if Melbourne and North want to have that they can come and talk to us.

A club president now determines the fixture?

The mans arrogance knows no bounds.

The AFL have created this monster and now they have to step forward and cut it off at the knees.

Melbourne could play Essendon Anzac day. Not like any collingwood player went of to fight in any war except hide.

All teams should rotate ANZAC Day.

Why should Fremantle or Port be excluded because they weren't in the AFL during a war?

Has there ever been a 'blockbuster game' where the home team loses money on it?

The game may not be 'blockbuster' but it would do fine. Why do these so called blockbuster clubs that even need more favorable time slots? Couldnt they play the game in West Africa at 3am in the morning and sell it out NO?

The game may not be 'blockbuster' but it would do fine. Why do these so called blockbuster clubs that even need more favorable time slots? Couldnt they play the game in West Africa at 3am in the morning and sell it out NO?

The term "blockbuster" is just jingoistic marketing crap anyway.

If Eddie wants to make a point of it then he should be lobbying for us to have Good Friday with Carlton or somebody see how it goes after a few years. I'm confident it would turn into a viable holiday match.

If he did this, it sounds like he would be doing Brayshaw's job better then he is

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie offers up Queens Birthday to North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back