Not open for further replies.
Round 18 Tips

Doutta Vs Abers
Greenvale Vs Avondale Heights
Keilor Vs West Coburg
Strathmore Vs Oak Park
Marby Vs Craigieburn

The finals are almost here.
I beg to differ. I think Douttas will get over the top of Abers. Few players back and everything to play for.
I dont think the 10 barrels that WC offered Keilor will be enough for them to drop that one so Douttas should be safe. We'll wait and see what happens.

Round 18 Tips

Doutta Vs Abers
Greenvale Vs Avondale Heights
Keilor Vs West Coburg
Strathmore Vs Oak Park
Marby Vs Craigieburn

The finals are almost here.
I beg to differ. I think Douttas will get over the top of Abers. Few players back and everything to play for.
I dont think the 10 barrels that WC offered Keilor will be enough for them to drop that one so Douttas should be safe. We'll wait and see what happens.

Laycock probably one of the worst ruckmen the AFL has seen, EDFL may still be to high a standard for this bloke........... and also "coffee with Barnes and the president". You cant seriously be telling me Barnes will still be at Douttas next year? :confused::confused::confused:
Why do you say that. Why wouldnt he be?

Keilor rumoured to be resting a number of players b4 finals :D

Why do you say that. Why wouldnt he be?

3 wins for the year so far, lost to the relegated side by 80 points.
Plenty of talk that players arent happy with him.
The little running session earlier in the year after a loss.
Apart from the great win over Marby Id say that it was a very dissapointing season for Douttas.
Would have thought they might at least advertise and see if anyone else was interested???

(Coaches, players and support staff will now be required to pay entry fees.)

Copied from the EDFL website for the Junior Grand Final.

Surely they are not asking players to pay to get into the ground???????
And could this possilby happen for senior games starting next week?

watched marby and the burners yesterday ,a good win by marby even though they slowed up after half time.craigieburn has a lot to look foward to with all the kids playing well.i did notice that number13 for marby was in a few punch ups i was also told that he did bit the ear of craigieburns number 6 if this is the case ,the league should investigate this , as biting is next to spitting and should not be toleratad in any sport at all

3 wins for the year so far, lost to the relegated side by 80 points.
Plenty of talk that players arent happy with him.
The little running session earlier in the year after a loss.
Apart from the great win over Marby Id say that it was a very dissapointing season for Douttas.
Would have thought they might at least advertise and see if anyone else was interested???
You have to consider that probably 8 of their best 12 players have missed upwards of half a dozen games. Hollow, George, Carey all have missed large chunks of the season. Makes it hard regardless of who is coaching them.
Players are 100% behind him. This was brought up at a meeting after the WC loss in which Barnesy asked the group for their feedback. He said that if he had lost the respect of the group that he would walk away. It was unanimous that all players supported him and took responsibility upon themselves for the season.
The running session - mate when you lose to the bottom side you expect repercussions. Its all about actions and consequences. I have heard that many of the players were embarrassed by the session. I would have though they would have been more embarrassed by their performance on the day.
The season is only over by 1 day. Let the dust settle and you will find the position is advertised as it is every year. I am sure he will apply once again and I would hope that he would be reinstated. That is my opinion anyway.

You have to consider that probably 8 of their best 12 players have missed upwards of half a dozen games. Hollow, George, Carey all have missed large chunks of the season. Makes it hard regardless of who is coaching them.
Players are 100% behind him. This was brought up at a meeting after the WC loss in which Barnesy asked the group for their feedback. He said that if he had lost the respect of the group that he would walk away. It was unanimous that all players supported him and took responsibility upon themselves for the season.
The running session - mate when you lose to the bottom side you expect repercussions. Its all about actions and consequences. I have heard that many of the players were embarrassed by the session. I would have though they would have been more embarrassed by their performance on the day.
The season is only over by 1 day. Let the dust settle and you will find the position is advertised as it is every year. I am sure he will apply once again and I would hope that he would be reinstated. That is my opinion anyway.

Well I'll pay that, probably as sensible a reply that I've seen on big footy. Didnt know alot of that but clears a few things up.

Good win to Douttas today and a great send off for Dr. Evil Paul Docherty, a legend of the club and competition.

Douttas look a different side when they have some players over 6 feet playing.

They have some reasonable young players and they need to do everything they can to keep them.

Also keep D King and play him forward.
Couldnt agree more. How fitting was it that the Doctor snared the last goal of the game in his last game. How good did the stars look with Carey, Hollow, King, George, Destanovic all on the park at the same time. If we can recruit a few talls I think we'll be okay moving forward. David King is probably the best asset Douttas have at this stage and not only for what he does on the field. They need to do everything in their power to keep him there. He loves the place so I am hoping it wont be too hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldnt agree more. How fitting was it that the Doctor snared the last goal of the game in his last game. How good did the stars look with Carey, Hollow, King, George, Destanovic all on the park at the same time. If we can recruit a few talls I think we'll be okay moving forward. David King is probably the best asset Douttas have at this stage and not only for what he does on the field. They need to do everything in their power to keep him there. He loves the place so I am hoping it wont be too hard.
I think we need to work on Doc for next year , he has retired in the past , cannot tell me he is not worth 30 odd goals in the forward pocket

Nah i think Docs have given more then enough and its time for more of the youth to be given opportunities,that way he can drink cans with me on the hill during the game :D

Docs what a great champion of our club and game :D i know we havent been that good of late but we have won a lot of flags and had some champions and Paul made the team of the century some ten years ago which was a great effort.He has done it all premierships, b and f at club and in comp,played TAC,WAFL,VFL and AFL reserves and if he had of stayed out of the tunnel night club as a youngster may have played AFL ones,well he was more then capable in my opinion :D

Well done Paul on a great career :)

THE DREBSTER

You have got no idea what goes on with the EDFL do you, everyone is paying to get into the finals even the umpires.

I last played in a final 2 years ago and this was not the case. Hence, my surprise when i see such a comment.

I think we need to work on Doc for next year , he has retired in the past , cannot tell me he is not worth 30 odd goals in the forward pocket
Oh look I am sure he could still play some good footy for another year but I think this time he has had enough. His body is tired and he just has nothing left to give. He is expecting another kid too so the time is probably right.
Good luck to him he'd been a champ.

That's a bit harsh mate. This is the first year players have had to pay to get in.
EDFL is reimbursing clubs for the entry fee ie 35 players and support staff club pays cash EDFL sends cheque to club. Oak Park at $5.00 for the flag on sportsbet get on started season @ 16s.

EDFL is reimbursing clubs for the entry fee ie 35 players and support staff club pays cash EDFL sends cheque to club.

What a load of crap just give each club their 35 tickets to get in how hard can that be?This has got to be the dumbest idea i've seen in along time EDFL reimbursing clubs, clubs reimbursing players geez.JUST GIVE THEM A FREE TICKET.

EDFL is reimbursing clubs for the entry fee ie 35 players and support staff club pays cash EDFL sends cheque to club. Oak Park at $5.00 for the flag on sportsbet get on started season @ 16s.

Keilor will win the flag.

Unfortunately agree. Greenvale out in straight sets

Greenvale are morals this year. I think they would still be smarting from last year. And with a bloke like Lucas in their side, I can't see them getting beaten.

Greenvale and Marby GF for me with the result different to last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back