EDFL "A" Grade - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marby by 13 pts after being up by 30 with 10 mins to go. And for a guy who has AFL experience, Ty Zantuck should have a real good look at himself. He was horrible today and probably cost his side 4 goals thru lack of discipline.

He is a dirty player ,throws out cheap shots , he will cop it soon someone will get him back.
Should concentrate on playing football has ability.
Does his side no favours.

The guymight have played AFl but he is a cabbage good players dont need to take heap shots watched Chros Johnson against Craigieburn today. That bloke could knock out anyplayer he wanted to but just plays good hard footy, almost single handedly got Avondale over the line just lacked a lil fitness

He is a dirty player ,throws out cheap shots , he will cop it soon someone will get him back.
Exactly, one of the biggest snipers running around. Wouldn't do himself any harm to put his own head over it from time to time instead of trying to appear tough.
Greenvale cruised to a comfortable win over Taylors Lakes, downside being Raines going down injured.

With respect he is great bloke and was a great footballer, however saw him recently and he looks as though he has consumed a small country!!! Will need sometime in the sauna me thinks

Pretty horrble, scrappy game today but I am not sure what you are on, Mal looked as fit as his AFL days! Douttas in big trouble, some genuine strugglers in the ones today.

That didn't go quite to plan hey champ?

Tough start so far for us but we should win our next 4. We play Aberfeldie, Keilor, Craigburn and Douttas over the next month.

Having been outclassed in a qtr against the reigning premier and just beaten last week the next month presents an easier run and we're confident of nocking them all over! 4 - 2 after 6 will be great.

Back on trak Git - i said win next 4 it should be 3 from 4. :D

Keilor have gone backwards on there form from the past few years, the game today was over at half time and if we had kicked better it could of been a whole lot worse for them. :eek::eek::eek:

The bloke is as weak as piss! only time he wacks people is when they are smaller than him or they have their backs turned! shit himself when Carey came in to have a go after trying to knock a kids head off!:eek:

Truely & pretend tough man!:mad:

The guymight have played AFl but he is a cabbage good players dont need to take heap shots watched Chros Johnson against Craigieburn today. That bloke could knock out anyplayer he wanted to but just plays good hard footy, almost single handedly got Avondale over the line just lacked a lil fitness

Havn't posted in a while but I too was at the game(impartial onlooker) and there were a few times Johnson was frustrated and could have easily gone off the handle but did the right thing and got on with the game, he's a good example of how to play the game properly.
But I must ask why do Avondale(I was standing near their bench) have 4 assistant coaches? I am not sure how many every other team has but these 4 were all standing side by side and basically barracking just like the other AH supporters behind the fence(one bloke was carrying the board)! I had to laugh, at one stage Johnson while on the ground turned to them and asked "who is our spare man?", they all started counting the players out on the ground, after 30secs the short bloke calls out "Harro", then one of the others says, "no it isn't"... this went on for a good 2 mins. Johnson just looked at them and shook his head.
Can anyone from AH advise who they and what their specific job is?
On finishing both teams looked really good in patches but CBurn's no.10 domintated in the ruck and Air all day without competition as AH have no big players. Wasn't a bad game of local footy, CBurns bigger bodies were the difference.

What a round this week will be.......

Relegation game – Doutta v Lakers
If Avondale win they could put finals out of reach for Keilor ??
Abers would need to win to show they are a finals contender...
Oakers to win over Crazyburn and if Avondale win could really put Keilor in the hot seat
Marby v Greenvale – GF preview

Oakers to win over Crazyburn and if Avondale win could really put Keilor in the hot seat

bad call marby greenvale gf preview
cburn 20 points off marby big contender
abers playing good footy
straddy 13 points of marby and beat greenvale led from start to finish the grand final is up grabs by any team its round 5

Marby by 13 pts after being up by 30 with 10 mins to go. And for a guy who has AFL experience, Ty Zantuck should have a real good look at himself. He was horrible today and probably cost his side 4 goals thru lack of discipline.

He struggled to get a game in the ones at Heidleberg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The teams are much closer to marby than people think.

I tend to agree, they sure have quality but I think they are a lesser side than they were last year. They have lost Haynes & Holland who would have been in there top 4 players last year, throw in Stewart who should start getting games for Bendigo. There only real inclusions are Carey whos body cant be relied on and Hollow who is solid but no Haynes or Holland. So I dont think they are as strong as last year. In saying that neither are Greenvale.

It is a huge week but dont know you can say anyones season is made or finished this week.

For Abers, it is an opportunity to test themselves against a very strong team. A win would be excellent but most important to put in a solid performance.

Lakers will have been building for this week and Douttas have a big test ahead of them.

My tips:

Douttas by a goal
Keilor by 30 points
Abers by 10 points
Oakers by 36 points
Marby by 24 points

It is a huge week but dont know you can say anyones season is made or finished this week.

For Abers, it is an opportunity to test themselves against a very strong team. A win would be excellent but most important to put in a solid performance.

Lakers will have been building for this week and Douttas have a big test ahead of them.

My tips:

Douttas by a goal
Keilor by 30 points
Abers by 10 points
Oakers by 36 points
Marby by 24 points

Tips:
Taylors Lakes by 60 points
Avondale by 5 points
Strathmore v Abers a draw
Oakewrs by 45 points
Marby by 30 points

Tomorrow's North West FM 98.9 match of the day is Maribyrnong Park v Greenvale. 2pm-5pm - Full around-the-grounds scores at half time and full time.

Send scores from your game or questions/comments to the commentary team @edflfooty on twitter.

Taylors lakes by 60 points wishful thinking me thinks
either way Jock wins

Def not wishul thinking as I really want Billy to do well and think he's doing a great job with very limited personel, but having seen both teams live and given that this is Taylors Laes GF a 60 point win wouldnt surprise me. Then again, if Billy has them play like last week then you guys should win ut just not sure you can back it up and not sure you can play that way the Taylors Lakes ground - time wil tell!

And in regard to the match of the round, you obviously cant argue with Greenvale v Marbi but would have loved to have given it to Abers v Strath given how much both teams have improved from last year...ahh well!

Def not wishul thinking as I really want Billy to do well and think he's doing a great job with very limited personel, but having seen both teams live and given that this is Taylors Laes GF a 60 point win wouldnt surprise me. Then again, if Billy has them play like last week then you guys should win ut just not sure you can back it up and not sure you can play that way the Taylors Lakes ground - time wil tell!

And in regard to the match of the round, you obviously cant argue with Greenvale v Marbi but would have loved to have given it to Abers v Strath given how much both teams have improved from last year...ahh well!

I was shocked when I saw the Douttas team last week, some of those blokes struggled for a kick in their high school thirds. They played a very committed, hard working style though so wouldn't count them out just yet.

Very excited for Abers v Strathmore tomorrow, this game should tell us where Abers are at this year.

I was shocked when I saw the Douttas team last week, some of those blokes struggled for a kick in their high school thirds. They played a very committed, hard working style though so wouldn't count them out just yet.

Very excited for Abers v Strathmore tomorrow, this game should tell us where Abers are at this year.

Abers in for a rude shock tomorrow me thinks Strathmore are very very classy across the board, especially if Zantuck gets his head right. The only query is if Winter is fit.

For mine Straty in a canter.

Marby by about 21 against GV. Got the lead early and maintained it throughout. Bowes, Livingston and Laverde were the best on the field. Marby looking a lot stronger and experienced then the Jets. Upside for Greenvale was that despite the run of play Marby weren't able to do as much damage on the scoreboard.

what a a wet and cold day it was yesterday at the footy.

Scott Lucas was missing for Greenvale, Marby lead all day, Brodie Holland watching the game with his daughter. Marby remain underfeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back