EDFL "A" Grade - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any truth to the MP club only having enough coin for half the year but players will stay on to try and get the 3peat?

Back to B grade in 2013 and to have the worst ever A grade side in 2012 If true....

Many clubs have payed the price for buying flags hope it doesnt happen to marby at least their juniors are in good shaPe

I have enjoyed marbys rise to the top they made A grade interesting again...

The real winners of the the success and premierships are the loyal supporters who have stuck fat over the years. The people who put there hands in their pocket every week to buy a beer and help support a club that was dying at one stage.
On the other hand GV have been consistent for ten years now, fair effort and l can't see that changing.
Any truth to the MP club only having enough coin for half the year but players will stay on to try and get the 3peat?

Can I ask why is everyone so obsesed with how much money MP does or doesnt have?

What ever is paid at any club whether it be MP, GV, Mores, Keilor, Abers or who ever its their business! it seems to be just wishful thinking for the money to be gone and MP to fall from the top!:confused:

Can I ask why is everyone so obsesed with how much money MP does or doesnt have?

What ever is paid at any club whether it be MP, GV, Mores, Keilor, Abers or who ever its their business! it seems to be just wishful thinking for the money to be gone and MP to fall from the top!:confused:

From memory and l could be wrong and correct me if l am, it took MP 4 years to finally get to A grade.
Money was spent probably not in the right areas of the park player wise but they finally got it right in the end. Yes, MP have won the last two A grade flags, great effort. Let's remember and these are facts it took a long time and a lot of coin to get where they are.
So answer the question, is there a cash flow problem and will there be in the future??

I've had ny share of success, I just didn't feel the need to get online brag about it then bag out every other club along the way... Yes your club has had success and it is ongoing for now. I don't hold the opinion of some that MP will suddenly fall off the map, but history will show that one day someone else will win the flag and even the strongest of clubs can find themselves struggling in no time, just ask DS & OP!! I do plenty to help my club, not that it's at all relevant to the topic... Everyone is jealous of success, that's what we all play for!! See if u can reply without a personal attack... :eek:

Whether you are right or wrong mate time will tell.
Maribyrnong 10 years ago was supposed to drop out of B grade and fold!
My opinion is that we will be around for a long time and as a successful club.
I have been supporting the club for 22 years and have seen a B grade flag and 2 A grade flags, mate I am wrapped , it would not matter if they dont win another one for a while .
People outside the club do not understand the people who are involved and behind this club , there is no way it would ever be left high and dry.
Go Marby.
Good posts fellas. :thumbsu:

There is a serious design fault with the new marby changerooms.

the new social room look good and are nice.

the away changerooms wouldn't not fit an under 10's side in them, there is nowhere to sit. they have had to get a portable out the back which is still not big enough.

the new rooms are smaller than the old away changerooms and we all know how much of a squeeze that was. going forward i can't see how the EDFl can allow such sub par sized facilities continue.

i hear the showers are good though
Council built mate, write a letter

From memory and l could be wrong and correct me if l am, it took MP 4 years to finally get to A grade.
Money was spent probably not in the right areas of the park player wise but they finally got it right in the end. Yes, MP have won the last two A grade flags, great effort. Let's remember and these are facts it took a long time and a lot of coin to get where they are.
So answer the question, is there a cash flow problem and will there be in the future??

no and no

So no marby park person even looked at the plans or had any input in it at all.
they just turned up one day and rooms were a construction site.

the clubs get little input into design.... my club is in the process of getting a new scoreboard/timekeepers box and the council have demanded it be put in a place where nobody will be able to see it... club suggested their preferred and most practical site... council wouldnt have any of it and said it MUST go in their designated position or we dont get the grant

the joy of dealing with local councils

Your right it did take a lot of time and effot to get MP to where it is today and thats because of a lot of hard work by good people at the club both off & on the ground.

What I can state is I have only seen a club that has a goal ( 3 in a row ) and not one person has bought up any money problems that I know of!:D

But thats not what you want to here even though its the truth! I think people are scared that we may just have it right and our sucsess will be long term !!!!:D

Your right it did take a lot of time and effot to get MP to where it is today and thats because of a lot of hard work by good people at the club both off & on the ground.

What I can state is I have only seen a club that has a goal ( 3 in a row ) and not one person has bought up any money problems that I know of!:D

But thats not what you want to here even though its the truth! I think people are scared that we may just have it right and our sucsess will be long term !!!!:D

Lets be honest here, no club in the EDFL is currently able to be succesful using a model that is sustainable in the long term.

Any club currently competing is having to rely on goodwill of supporters to dip into their pockets and hand over significant amounts of cash to fund player payments.

Should the bigger backers at Marby, Greenvale, Stratmore, Keilor, Abers, etc walk away tomorrow, any of those clubs would have very large gaps in their budgets that they would struggle to fill.

Lets be honest here, no club in the EDFL is currently able to be succesful using a model that is sustainable in the long term.

Any club currently competing is having to rely on goodwill of supporters to dip into their pockets and hand over significant amounts of cash to fund player payments.

Should the bigger backers at Marby, Greenvale, Stratmore, Keilor, Abers, etc walk away tomorrow, any of those clubs would have very large gaps in their budgets that they would struggle to fill.

That's the most accurate Post put on here in a long time

Will be interesting to see what happens over the next three to five years then.
Keilor have been the team in 2011 that has unachieved to date, shown some disappointing results not to mention some apparent player in fighting that has been suggested?? Any truth to that? Here are some questions:
Can they still make the four?
Is the message falling on deaf ears and Mick's time is up?
Is there a culture problem down at the blues?

Back to B grade in 2013 and to have the worst ever A grade side in 2012 If true....

Many clubs have payed the price for buying flags hope it doesnt happen to marby at least their juniors are in good shaPe

I have enjoyed marbys rise to the top they made A grade interesting again...

How about in 2014 Marby are in C Grade :eek:

Go Marby!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about in 2014 Marby are in C Grade :eek:

Go Marby!

Honesty at it's best, love it.

Oldfatandslow, the game has changed and in saying that clubs have to change to keep up with the demand in the comp.
I suppose a top line local footballer who is home grown would earn more money at another club. It sounds stupid but true in many aspects, clubs take individuals for granted when really the clubs should reward the home growns a little more. The top line teams like MP probably have none along with the mores, keilor a hand full and the jets maybe a couple??

Honesty at it's best, love it.

Oldfatandslow, the game has changed and in saying that clubs have to change to keep up with the demand in the comp.
I suppose a top line local footballer who is home grown would earn more money at another club. It sounds stupid but true in many aspects, clubs take individuals for granted when really the clubs should reward the home growns a little more. The top line teams like MP probably have none along with the mores, keilor a hand full and the jets maybe a couple??

I had a quick look at GV's team from the weekend and they had 11 locals, that doesn't count guys that have been there for years but didn't play juniors... Not sure on the other clubs...

I had a quick look at GV's team from the weekend and they had 11 locals, that doesn't count guys that have been there for years but didn't play juniors... Not sure on the other clubs...

So they've been there all there jnr career and now senior career ?
Can you name all ? Just interested !!!

Bomber you can add a couple more there were 13 Greenvale juniors playing in the game on the weekend.

i think that is the key to a club's continual success over a period of time is the strength of it's juniors. while it is great that each club has supporters that put extra money into the club to strengthen the seniors & go out and get players.
that money may not be able to be counted on forever and if you have a strong junior program with plenty of teams/players coming through the chances are you will still be competative in A grade.

So they've been there all there jnr career and now senior career ?
Can you name all ? Just interested !!!
Chris Kent, Daniel Burns, Bruno Provenzano, Samuel Zumbo, James Rohan, Paul Lenne, Dean Smith, Jaryd Thomson, Brett Nankervis, David Sardo, Joseph Gazzo, Jacob Thomson,
Chris Burns

Joel Binnici also came to the club as an under 18.

Chris Kent, Daniel Burns, Bruno Provenzano, Samuel Zumbo, James Rohan, Paul Lenne, Dean Smith, Jaryd Thomson, Brett Nankervis, David Sardo, Joseph Gazzo, Jacob Thomson

Technically these blokes played VFL Football in their senior careers.

Bruno was a late comer as well.

Bomber you can add a couple more there were 13 Greenvale juniors playing in the game on the weekend.

i think that is the key to a club's continual success over a period of time is the strength of it's juniors. while it is great that each club has supporters that put extra money into the club to strengthen the seniors & go out and get players.
that money may not be able to be counted on forever and if you have a strong junior program with plenty of teams/players coming through the chances are you will still be competative in A grade.

Greenvale is in a growth area so they should have strong juniors... Clubs like craigieburn greenvale hillside etc don't need to do anyThing to attract juniors

I'm not sure that's strictly accurate in relation to Strathmore. It seems that Richard Little, Mazzeo, Glenn Campbell, Harry Simpson, Karl Staudt and Dale May have been playing A grade football for Strathmore for quiete a few years. Also Matthew Knight. I don't pretend to know for sure where they started their football, but I would be surprised if at least some of them aren't home grown products. Perhaps someone with a bit more local knowledge will enlighten us if they know where they started.

Chris Kent, Daniel Burns, Bruno Provenzano, Samuel Zumbo, James Rohan, Paul Lenne, Dean Smith, Jaryd Thomson, Brett Nankervis, David Sardo, Joseph Gazzo, Jacob Thomson,
Chris Burns

Thats a super effort by the GVFC to retain these players. Great to see the club rewarding the home grown players along with the new.

So no marby park person even looked at the plans or had any input in it at all.
they just turned up one day and rooms were a construction site.

Obviously MP people did see the plans and were asked to comment they did on several occasions point out that the visitors rooms were too small, but council knows best, remember when putting sh*t on any suburban clubs facilities that the clubs are tenants of the council and have little say in the form and functionality the facilities take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back