EDFL "A" Grade - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The League won't be happy with the publicity this has and will attract and should react savagely (8+ weeks)...

The comments by Pask don't help the reputation of the league either and demonstrate a lack of respect for the EDFL in general (ie player with no talent)

I assume there will be video evidence ????
Well it is going to be a busy night a league headquarters this week. Along with towner you may also see Adam Winter front up (video footage is great tool!!!), following a cheap shot on a kid that fairly beat him and Jones in the ruck. Fair melee at 3qtr time, umpires (kids x 2) simply lost control and failed to protect players with their head over the ball - league has to mix experience with youth when selecting umps :thumbsdown:

Is it like when you pretend to be a Police officer...?
Please dont tell me you have become lawyer now, get back under that stone where you belong.
If you throw a punch you have the right to protect yourself, sure he will get weeks but take into the account why the punch was thrown.

who cares how it started? Protect yourself? A bloke is in hospital and is out for the year most likely?? Do you guys not get that.

You've had players on here being hero's threatning a Strathmore player, an Aberfeldie player, calling Greenvale players whingers and now your trying to tell us it was a Kelior players fault for this?? Please.

What you should be doing is trying to get the same tribunal muppets that allowed Daley a repremand when the whole league was watching last year, to review this one ;).

Is it like when you pretend to be a Police officer...?
Please dont tell me you have become lawyer now, get back under that stone where you belong.
If you throw a punch you have the right to protect yourself, sure he will get weeks but take into the account why the punch was thrown.

WTF! :confused:
I'm lost now.
Play it down how ever you want, serious injuries from the contact.

The facts on the Pask & Towner incident!

Matty was clearly on top at the first break and had some simple words to say to Pask which Pask didn't like and subsequently threw the first punch, Matty responded as any player would in that situation.

The way Pask has handled the situation following has been totally unprofessional and perhaps can be simply put down to morphine impacting his decision making. He's played a handful of OK games in our comp and clearly hasn't much idea about who Matty Towner is - to label him a player with no talent shows a misinformed and childish mindset.

Granted the tribunal will be hot on this one given the twitter crap, ensuing newspaper articles and BigFooty commentary but Matty in the very least is entitled to a fair trial and his reputation as one the competitions "harder" footballers needs to be taken into account and not hung out to dry by innuendo and second/third hand feedback!

Matty was clearly on top at the first break and had some simple words to say to Pask which Pask didn't like and subsequently threw the first punch, Matty responded as any player would in that situation.

The way Pask has handled the situation following has been totally unprofessional and perhaps can be simply put down to morphine impacting his decision making. He's played a handful of OK games in our comp and clearly hasn't much idea about who Matty Towner is - to label him a player with no talent shows a misinformed and childish mindset.

Granted the tribunal will be hot on this one given the twitter crap, ensuing newspaper articles and BigFooty commentary but Matty in the very least is entitled to a fair trial and his reputation as one the competitions "harder" footballers needs to be taken into account and not hung out to dry by innuendo and second/third hand feedback!

Puff, where is the innuendo? The fact is Towner threw a haymaker. Does that make him "hard"? No. Hard is putting your head over the ball and playing the ball, not the man. Was he hard with Papalia? Do you condone that as well? Matt will be tried on the evidence placed in front of the tribunal and will be judged on that.

“On route to Epworth Hospital never been king hit behind play! Nice fractured eye socket to show for it... Thanks to the bloke with no talent,” Pask wrote.

Lucky he had twitter as he would have been on his own, a long trip to the hospital? Maybe some 2's blokes may have visited him?

Missed the whole Pask & Towner incident, was in the bar having a beer.

Question - Can Keilor keep on winning and sneak in 4th position on the ladder by year end, and how good have Aberfeldie been this year, will finish on top of the ladder and should be flag favourites.

Go Marby!

That would be I.

The photo was posted by Pask himself on his Twitter account. As an ex-mod of this site I don't see an issue with it but the mods are welcome to remove it.

The quote was also correctly attributed to Pask.

The whole incident is not a good look...

Irrespective of your source - i would have thought being an ex-mod you would have shown more restraint in regards to the EDFL. You have done nothing for Towner, Pask & the EDFL. Cheap stuff mate.

Irrespective of your source - i would have thought being an ex-mod you would have shown more restraint in regards to the EDFL. You have done nothing for Towner, Pask & the EDFL. Cheap stuff mate.

What a load of crap.

The incident happened, the photo, already posted on twitter is, shows the results.

Don't shot the messenger.

May be next time Pask will think before he acts , the facts are he started all of this by throwing the first punch ! What would have happened if he connected properly and Towner copped it? As a player manager in the AFL he could of acted differently and not provoked all of this.
Not good for the EDFL and footy, no body wins in all of this.

What a disgrace to put a photo of the guy on this site :mad: and that people have already got the pitch forks out :mad: someone in control of this site sould kick the people resposible for placing it on here off for good!:mad: I will stand by what I said earlier if you throw a punch at someone & miss then you should expect a counter punch! and people saying its was a king hit truely didnt see the incident!!!!!!
Lol a little dramatic.. you're right though, it wasn't a king hit.

How dare he show the injuries gained during a punch up on a footy field..clearly that's the thing that makes the part that makes the league look bad? not that a high profile player got his face punched in.
Get some perspective people, the majority have seen the pictures anyway & posting them on here means s.f.a. any chance of avoiding looking bad ended when two blokes tried to snot eachother.

That would be I.

The photo was posted by Pask himself on his Twitter account. As an ex-mod of this site I don't see an issue with it but the mods are welcome to remove it.

So what is your agenda for putting it on here?:mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be I.

Then way was the photo and Pask twits about the incident removed from his twitter page on Sunday morning after orginally posting on Saturday?

What you should be doing is trying to get the same tribunal muppets that allowed Daley a repremand when the whole league was watching last year, to review this one ;).

ha, ha. Not a grand final on the line.

What a load of crap.

The incident happened, the photo, already posted on twitter is, shows the results.

Don't shot the messenger.

Photo was later (the next morning) taken off twitter, how did get to posted on here later in the day?

May be next time Pask will think before he acts , the facts are he started all of this by throwing the first punch ! What would have happened if he connected properly and Towner copped it?

I play the devil advocate here and If that did occur, I don't think it would been on the twitter page, herald sun newspaper, and community news newspaper.

All of this information being debated is already in the public domain on Perth-based sports news website run by Kim Hagdorn. It has close ties to sporting agents, thus its exclusive source of sports news.

All links to this website however have been swear-filtered by Bigfooty.

So go to Google News and put in "Marty Pask" and you'll find the website I'm talking about.

The website in question also credits the photo of Pask's injury as a Getty Image, if that matters.

“On route to Epworth Hospital never been king hit behind play! Nice fractured eye socket to show for it... Thanks to the bloke with no talent,” Pask wrote.
gees from where i was standing pask was clearly the one player from keilor or on the feild even for that matter with no talent... Didnt even look
like touching it. And he calls himself an x afl player. gees mate you played 8 games. a shame he got badly injured but hey thats what happens when
2 guys lock horns it could have happened to anybody. boys will be boys.
Lets grow up guys and move on. Looking forward to watching these two teams play each other again just before the finals...

So what is your agenda for putting it on here?:mad:

Because it is topical.

Why the paranoia? Why do I need to have an agenda?

There was a discussion here and an article in the Herald-Sun about the incident. As others have patiently pointed out to you, there is a news article online with the said picture. I posted it here because it was topical.

If you have an agenda -and its not hard to see what that might be looking at nearly every post you have made on this site - then that is your prerogative but don't misplace your angst here. I have no allegiance with either player or either club nor have I made any accusations, I have simply quoted from an attributed Twitter account. If that bothers you, take it up with the mods instead of sooking about it here.

Lets grow up guys and move on. Looking forward to watching these two teams play each other again just before the finals...

Fair call.

The weekend's results really opened things up in my opinion.

2 weeks ago it was how far Marby, perhaps it still is but as I said it is certainly more open with Abers continuing their great year and Keilor starting to come good. Hard to get a take on Oakers but was great to see Avondale have a big win. I saw them push Strathmore earlier in the season and they played with great flair.

gees from where i was standing pask was clearly the one player from keilor or on the feild even for that matter with no talent... Didnt even look
like touching it. And he calls himself an x afl player. gees mate you played 8 games. a shame he got badly injured but hey thats what happens when
2 guys lock horns it could have happened to anybody. boys will be boys.

Wow, what a bad post. I think you need to realise that footy has changed and it is not like what it was in the 80's now...

That would be I.

Yes Star I have to agree you have only posted what Pask tweeted or twitered or whatever it is (just read that web site you suggested), but any wonder he withdrew it as it was just lies, big accusation to say he was king hit, plenty of people saw what happened (including me, probably had best view of all except pask less that 15 meters away), and he was the aggressor, suggest everyone take a deep breath and let the 'independent tribunal' deal with it, it is almost always the case that the player that retaliates get pinched and that what has occurred here. If you lead with your chin there is always a chance you might cop one.

May be next time Pask will think before he acts , the facts are he started all of this by throwing the first punch ! What would have happened if he connected properly and Towner copped it? As a player manager in the AFL he could of acted differently and not provoked all of this.

I am not sure it is Pask that needs to think in the future. The injuries sustained after the siren is a disgrace no matter who started it. It will count for little when they walk into the tribunal and Towner does not have a sctratch on him. Especially if Pask denys he did anything. Could be a long long stint on the side line. The people who claim that he had every right to hit Pask and way off the mark.

Mick, were you at the game? Did you see Pask throw the first punch? Was it a full blooded swing at the head or a body punch? The only fact that has been established so far is that Towner connected with a full blooded round arm swing and put a guy into hospital, (saw that on the video). The first I saw was Pask out on the ground. On that basis, Towner does not have to think before he acts? He can take the law into his own hands and deck a guy?
If we use the AFL guidlines, the Towner act was intentional, be it in possible response. Impact was severe. Towner also had the responsibility to think before he acted, and consider the consequences not only to himself but to his team mates. As should have Pask, if he did initiate the incident.

The outcome for Towner and Marby, was playing the second quarter with 17 men, Keilor kicking 5.5 that got the them the lead Marby could not overcome, and ultimate loss of the game. And will probably be missing for a few weeks as well. Smart move by Towner? I think not. By all means have a crack at Pask, but Towner also proved he is not a candidate for Mensa.

Mick, were you at the game? Did you see Pask throw the first punch? Was it a full blooded swing at the head or a body punch? The only fact that has been established so far is that Towner connected with a full blooded round arm swing and put a guy into hospital, (saw that on the video). The first I saw was Pask out on the ground. On that basis, Towner does not have to think before he acts? He can take the law into his own hands and deck a guy?
If we use the AFL guidlines, the Towner act was intentional, be it in possible response. Impact was severe. Towner also had the responsibility to think before he acted, and consider the consequences not only to himself but to his team mates. As should have Pask, if he did initiate the incident.

The outcome for Towner and Marby, was playing the second quarter with 17 men, Keilor kicking 5.5 that got the them the lead Marby could not overcome, and ultimate loss of the game. And will probably be missing for a few weeks as well. Smart move by Towner? I think not. By all means have a crack at Pask, but Towner also proved he is not a candidate for Mensa.

Yes mate I was at the game.
I certainly agree that Towner should not have reacted back to Pask.
It was not a king hit as Pask originally quoted to the world on twitter.
All I am saying is that Pask started all of this and as a player manager it does not go well for him and his future.
Towner will have to cop what he gets for defending himself.

Will Jesse Rush / Abers be one of the best recruits for 2011. Came to Abers via Ruperstwood (C Grade - VAFA) and did a VFL pre-season with Geelong before being cut at the last hurdle. Craigieburn, Strathmore were keen to gain his services, but he opted for a family connection at Abers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back