EDFL "A" Grade - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went down to watch Craigieburn in a praccy against Bundoora, wasnt sure what to expect after all the talk on here. Keeping in ind Im not sure what Bundoora are like but it was the most impressive I have seen the Eagles in the 5 years I have been watching them. Some new dark fella kicked 10 and was all class Craigieburn won by over 20 goals.

Crazyburn did not beat Bundoora. Bundoora beat them last week. Was not there but I think you will find that Crazyburn played HURSTBRIDGE yesterday who just came out of divvy 3 NFL.

Noble Park beat Greenvale today by 12 goals.

Greenvale coach Anthony Rock advised me Noble Park were as good as a local team he had seen. He did advise due to various reasons (VFL, Cricket, Grand Prix, injuries) Greenvale basically had only 8 or 9 Senior players playing, with 12 of 21 GF Runners up players missing & a few AFL Recruits.

Anyone know how many teams have been confirmed for the u18 div 3 competition,last year there were 4 teams this year i'm hearing that there maybe only 3.

Can tell you - Keilor, Greenvale, Stratmore & Aberfeldie are the current 4. There were 7 a few weeks ago but Hadfield, Douttas & Craigieburn have pulled out.
Not sure about the future of his competition.

Cant understand how some of these clubs can be aloud to feild 3 under 18 side when many clubs in A & B grade cant feild one!

may be the EDFL should revert back to a zone format!

Happily proven wrong if Keilor doesnt have 3 teams? but a very long time ago the EDFL had a zone format because I played under it! and it made the compitition a much more even playing feild!

Happily proven wrong if Keilor doesnt have 3 teams? but a very long time ago the EDFL had a zone format because I played under it! and it made the compitition a much more even playing feild!

consider it proven. keilor has never had 3 U18 teams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have either been a player or supporter of the EDFL for over 40 years. There has never been a zone format.

Confirmed that Abers are attempting to field a second side to keep the comp alive.

Marby beat Albion by about 2 or 3 goals with 15 1st players rested, good to see all the spies down there as well!

Thanks for that i heard that abers only had one team. Can anyone one from abers confirm they have two teams?

Can advise EDFL have just issued a new fixture for U18 Div 3. Add Doutta Stars. Now 5 sides.
Not sure about the future of this comp but at lease these young blokes are getting a game of footy most weeks. B4 anyone jumps up & down about the so called effect on struggling clubs - most of these clubs would struggle whether this div existed or not. The simple fact is the big clubs work off a base of 3 U16 sides so the numbers are there compared to the clubs that only have a single stream of teams. I am confident in saying all of the above clubs in the past have tried to get their excess kids to play for other clubs with no success. Not sure what the right answer is.

Isnt it funny that some people in the EDFL think that there should be a points system for clubs that can attracked ex AFL players to make the compitition more even, but not many think that they should only allow each club to have 1 under 18s side???????????????

Isnt it funny that some people in the EDFL think that there should be a points system for clubs that can attracked ex AFL players to make the compitition more even, but not many think that they should only allow each club to have 1 under 18s side???????????????

I don't understand what your point is?

The simple fact is that you have 5 clubs that have 2 teams and presumably all of those kids want to play for those 5 clubs and not just be cleared...so overrall it is a very positive thing that another 100 kids are playing football each week. There have been attempts in past to play kids for other EDFL clubs...I should know, I played for Marby u/18 a few times as Abers had too many players. I'd be lying if I said I'd rather have played for Marbi than Abers.

maybe its because the ex afl players also get paid quite a fair bit and in doing the fees by the juniors has jumped up a heap. Have a look at EDFL site and see how many teams are still trying to get kids to play and its not just the B grade but A grade as well. So some teams are lucky to have more teams thats their luck this year but there will be a cycle of years when they will struggle to get one.

I don't understand what your point is?

The simple fact is that you have 5 clubs that have 2 teams and presumably all of those kids want to play for those 5 clubs and not just be cleared...so overrall it is a very positive thing that another 100 kids are playing football each week. There have been attempts in past to play kids for other EDFL clubs...I should know, I played for Marby u/18 a few times as Abers had too many players. I'd be lying if I said I'd rather have played for Marbi than Abers.

Do you think that these kids may become better players if they had to play for a different side in a higher grade say 18s A instead of 18s 3?:rolleyes:

Do you think that these kids may become better players if they had to play for a different side in a higher grade say 18s A instead of 18s 3?:rolleyes:

You seem to be completely missing the point mate. What people are saying is that for a lot of kids if they are not able to play under 18s footy at the club they have played their entire career at then they will not play at all.

Why should kids not be allowed to play under 18s in a second grade competition for the club they love simply because other clubs can't run a sustainable juniors program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back