EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping to leave this but since you posted this I will tell you straight as clearly you don’t get it

In the off season clubs go out and recruit players to strengthen there list and fill gaps. This is often done by Football Manager and Coach. You sit down with player X and if they want to come across you then work out with the player and doing your research how many points player X is. He signs up you put in your excel sheet his points which once done (closer to the season) is then given to the league for sign off. Pretty bloody simple..

Simple Example: Player X played majority of the 2018 season in senior footy at a div1 WRFL and is not a homegrown product. If you have 5 fingers on each hand that would be 3 + 1 = 4 points. So you lodge player X at 4 points. Whoever is in charge of EK footy management puts down player X as a 3.

Please tell me that’s not the fault of the EDFL or other clubs. It’s called che*****. It didn’t happen for 1 player but multiple players.

That’s why i and most others on here ( judging by the likes I’m receiving and other posters comments supporting this issue) are so BLOODY annoyed.

So stand up, man up and own up. Guilty as charged
Someone needs to be held accountable at EK as it does put a blemish on the good hard working people at EK and yes there are many good people up there but a few are ruining your reputation. It won’t stop until they are gone.

Now rumours floating of EK paying sign ons to some recruits. I guess where there is fire there is smoke.
ok now explain Taylors Lakes - what happened down there? Are you going to call them cheats also? Or just EK?
It was in reply to a post from someone following EK who basically said all clubs should suck it up and that he hopes EK win the flag to stick it up is ALL.

Maybe you should read things and see it from a neutral observer. I guess your happy breaking rules with the attitude of stuff the other clubs we couldn’t give a crap..
So I guess you have nothing against spending over the cap and paying sign ons either as rules are there to be broken.
Now you are making accusations that EK are paying over the cap and sign ons?
Again are you going to say the same at about other clubs - i,e Taylors Lakes have made errors? also and played over the points
I only joined BF recently to enjoy, you have taken over this whole thread with absolute garbage. Get a life

Threatening to send a good thread down $hit creek here men, just be grown ups and identify oneself to each other and have ya robust debates somewhere else as this seems to be going down a personal path a fraction .... simply to just please spare the rest of us

Indeed.

Personal threats will only earn people a day off from the forum.

As I said in an earlier post, I've known an official at EK for a long time and I know for a fact he'd never condone any form of cheating. It's obvious the EDFL has made a mistake (I notice the points issue didn't even rate a mention on the podcast) and at the end of the day it's their responsibility to ratify the final points so that they're right at the start of the season.

ok now explain Taylors Lakes - what happened down there? Are you going to call them cheats also? Or just EK?

Now you are making accusations that EK are paying over the cap and sign ons?
Again are you going to say the same at about other clubs - i,e Taylors Lakes have made errors? also and played over the points
I only joined BF recently to enjoy, you have taken over this whole thread with absolute garbage. Get a life

Yes TL are cheats as well, but not as good at the cheating game as EK. 😄😄😄👊👊

Ok I will leave you alone for the time being as you guys have stuffed this division with the help of the EDFL. 👎👎

Enjoy the weekend!! 😎🍺

Clubs should boycott going into there rooms post game with this type of attitude.
That's a very silly comment to make.
You probably will make the 4 and play finals through cheating the system with the support of the EDFL by playing dumb..
Div1 footy has gone from a good competitive division to a total joke...
Not sure I agree that Div 1 is all of a sudden a total joke.

I think the best thing the EDFL can do is wipe the scores from those games that they were over but East Keilor still get the 4 points for the win. That is the only way that would seem fair to me, and then the issue can be put to rest.
TL lost by 135 points
Roxy lost by 185 points
Hillside by 16 points
OP by 123 points

If the EDFL did that, I can still understand that HS might be upset because those extra player points could've changed the result but the others teams that played against EK when they were over points at least don't get the % hit of those games.

Yes its still a slap on the wrist for EK but if ladder positions are decided later in the year and these games affect the % of teams that will cause a big big issue, and the whole thing will be brought back into the spotlight.

Keep the wins, wipe the FOR and AGAINST for both sides and lets move on.

That's a very silly comment to make.

Not sure I agree that Div 1 is all of a sudden a total joke.

I think the best thing the EDFL can do is wipe the scores from those games that they were over but East Keilor still get the 4 points for the win. That is the only way that would seem fair to me, and then the issue can be put to rest.
TL lost by 135 points
Roxy lost by 185 points
Hillside by 16 points
OP by 123 points

If the EDFL did that, I can still understand that HS might be upset because those extra player points could've changed the result but the others teams that played against EK when they were over points at least don't get the % hit of those games.

Yes its still a slap on the wrist for EK but if ladder positions are decided later in the year and these games affect the % of teams that will cause a big big issue, and the whole thing will be brought back into the spotlight.

Keep the wins, wipe the FOR and AGAINST for both sides and lets move on.

EK were within the 47 points v Roxy so that games all good

I think they should lose all 12 points but maybe the opposition doesn’t get the 4 points. Once again HS might feel unfairly treated but it’s better than the league doing nothing.
Honestly that’s the fair way to do things and then we all move on as a penalty has been handed out.

Same thing with TL.

But we all know the league won’t touch EK for some reason and they are showing poor leadership for a major metropolitan league..

EK were within the 47 points v Roxy so that games all good

I think they should lose all 12 points but maybe the opposition doesn’t get the 4 points. Once again HS might feel unfairly treated but it’s better than the league doing nothing.
Honestly that’s the fair way to do things and then we all move on as a penalty has been handed out.

Same thing with TL.

But we all know the league won’t touch EK for some reason and they are showing poor leadership for a major metropolitan league..

Probably time to move on Turbo

Todays game of the round, should be a real gauge of both teams. A BIG GAME.
So many in's and out's for Tulla and EK makes it even more interesting. Ben Nicholl playing his first game of season. Highly decorated junior and the son of club president. The young "Bulldog" will have a real crack.
Big day for Philpot in ruck. EK so need him to play well. He needs to compete around the ground, take some contested marks ,use his big body with intent.
Also Jyhe King first game, will probably give a chop out in ruck and I think he too will add some grunt/aggression.
This would go a long way I believe towards EK bouncing back HARD this week.

Last edited:
Todays game of the round, should be a real gauge of both teams. A BIG GAME.
So many in's and out's for Tulla and EK makes it even more interesting. Ben Nicholl playing his first game of season. Highly decorated junior and the son of club president. The young "Bulldog" will have a real crack.
Big day for Philpot in ruck. EK so need him to play well. He needs to compete around the ground, take some contested marks ,use his big body with intent.
Also Jyhe King first game, will probably give a chop out in ruck and I think he too will add some grunt/aggression.
This would go a long way I believe towards EK bouncing back HARD this week.

Unfortunately I believe big Jimmy Phillpot is done mate. Age has caught up with the big man. Really struggled last game and not sure why his playing seniors if EK expect to be thereabouts. The Tulla boys will destroy him.

Jimmy has been one of the best ruckman in metro footy on this side of the city for many years. But his got to be 35+ and with his size his a liability these days as doesn’t cover the ground like he used to.

Is he playing and keeping a player out purely because his a 1 pointer. And if I know Jimmy he ain’t rocking up and playing for free either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite overall agreement that points discussions should come to an end I predict more noise post EK shalacking today

Wouldn’t have called today a shalacking for EK. First time seeing them this season.
Grabowski & Lyons lived up to the hype at times. Caluzzi was impressive. Hill was kept quiet up forward so moved into the ruck late to try and have an impact as philpott was having none. Ek transitioned the ball very well and looked to be heading for victory half way through the 3rd.
Then Prestia stepped up big time for Tulla and won the game off his own boot, kicked 6 goals in a half hour burst from mid way through the 3rd.
Obviously I’m a little biased, but if there’s a better player in this division I haven’t seen them!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wouldn’t have called today a shalacking for EK. First time seeing them this season.
Grabowski & Lyons lived up to the hype at times. Caluzzi was impressive. Hill was kept quiet up forward so moved into the ruck late to try and have an impact as philpott was having none. Ek transitioned the ball very well and looked to be heading for victory half way through the 3rd.
Then Prestia stepped up big time for Tulla and won the game off his own boot, kicked 6 goals in a half hour burst from mid way through the 3rd.
Obviously I’m a little biased, but if there’s a better player in this division I haven’t seen them!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No shame in losing to a side like Tulla.

Watched Hillside Westy today, Westy had a few out and I think Hillside did to. Westy took too long to get going and didn’t fire any shots until last 1 and half quarters. Westy came back very hard but hillside held on in the end. They left it to late in the end but when they flicked the switch they were dynamite. Church and Castello nearly carried Westy over the line in the end. Church kicked a few crackin goals to nearly get them the win. Castello is a work horse. It was church Castello show in the end. Very good win by Hillside. Well done to them. Church I saw was robbed of a mark at the end. Umpire paid against. Bad free kick. Umpires bad all game both ways. Good footy all round

Great game of footy , yes Prestia won the game and really changed the momentum in the last 8 minutes of the 3rd not just with his goals . libba also controlled centre in last. We just couldn’t get the momentum back . Jordan madden was our best today Imo.(9) Don’t know how many youngsters had out there but it was a great game for our kids 5 under 20yr to learn from.

Was spot on with Westy dropping games after a big win and got to see a good hit out of Tulla vs EK today.

Josh Grabowski is a jet and would be one of the best going around in the division.

It looked like EK were going to pull off a win half way through the 3rd quarter before Prestia absolutely tore the game apart.

Now I don't want to be too harsh on blokes on here but please give it a rest that D.Hill is one of the top players running around. He is top 3 in the comp on the Bench Press but that'd be about it. Had zero influence on the game except attempting to spoil in the last quarter in EK defence by punching the ball in board 20m for an easy Tulla goal to seal the match.

Tulla seemed to conceed goals easier than in previous years but still one of the best defensive sides in the comp.
And after conceding 35 goals (57 scoring shots) in past 2 weeks I think the spruiking of EK defense can be put to rest too.

Watched Hillside Westy today, Westy had a few out and I think Hillside did to. Westy took too long to get going and didn’t fire any shots until last 1 and half quarters. Westy came back very hard but hillside held on in the end. They left it to late in the end but when they flicked the switch they were dynamite. Church and Castello nearly carried Westy over the line in the end. Church kicked a few crackin goals to nearly get them the win. Castello is a work horse. It was church Castello show in the end. Very good win by Hillside. Well done to them. Church I saw was robbed of a mark at the end. Umpire paid against. Bad free kick. Umpires bad all game both ways. Good footy all round
Totally agree.... for what the call the best division in local footy some of the umpires are horrible 👎

Please. It was definitely a push in the back against Church in the last quarter if you are looking at it fairly. Church never complained, SO correct call.

3 umpires and they definitely controlled the game but if you were a Westy supporter I wouldn’t be complaining if you knew the free kick count and 50 mt count.

Hillside deserved the win as they were definitely the best side but Westy nearly won it. Hillside back 6 held firm,

Westy very slow and top heavy, Hillside exposed them in first half. The WC recruits are a waste of money imo.

Totally agree.... for what the call the best division in local footy some of the umpires are horrible 👎

Yes mate shocking. Church paid free against which would have certainly been a goal and would have put Westy in front and probably the win. Him and Castello really grabbed the game by the neck and worked super hard to try get them over line. Takin no credit away from hillside. Future is bright there. Westy will bounce back and when they came back they were super. Can see them playin in a GF this year as long as Church Castello stay fit. They really are top players to watch

Please. It was definitely a push in the back against Church in the last quarter if you are looking at it fairly. Church never complained, SO correct call.

3 umpires and they definitely controlled the game but if you were a Westy supporter I wouldn’t be complaining if you knew the free kick count and 50 mt count.

Hillside deserved the win as they were definitely the best side but Westy nearly won it. Hillside back 6 held firm,

Westy very slow and top heavy, Hillside exposed them in first half. The WC recruits are a waste of money imo.
Yeah Omar saad 30 goal season so far huge waste of money 😂😂
Also bit harsh they are playing during Ramadan... can’t eat or drink during the day...
could you get through a game without 30 meat pies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back