EDFL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with Messe, rest have nothing on Stewart and his credentials, I understand u hate Ek etc etc but cmon šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
At a guess, Horse would have played against a few of those named, with that in mind I'm more inclined to agree with his appraisal - and no, I couldn't give a shit about EK, let alone hate them.

At a guess, Horse would have played against a few of those named, with that in mind I'm more inclined to agree with his appraisal - and no, I couldn't give a sh*t about EK, let alone hate them.
Played against all of these except for Deluca. But to be honest Iā€™d hate to play against him the most. His height would be to much for me to contain.

Agree with Messe, rest have nothing on Stewart and his credentials, I understand u hate Ek etc etc but cmon šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Tell me his credentials are better then the other 4. Iā€™ll say they are better then Vavra but the kid is just starting his senior career.
So you saying that a bloke that has played WRFL has better credentials then a player that has played AFL or VFL. Iā€™m sorry but WRFL is a substandard league.

Tell me his credentials are better then the other 4. Iā€™ll say they are better then Vavra but the kid is just starting his senior career.
So you saying that a bloke that has played WRFL has better credentials then a player that has played AFL or VFL. Iā€™m sorry but WRFL is a substandard league.
Great true reply.

I don't disagree with what your saying Horse all mentioned are fine players in their own right.. Vavra is still developing his craft and will be a very good player. With the lure of the mighty dollar why would Stewart want to play VFL? Let's be honest he demands a mighty dollar! I support your WRFL comments also. 7 time premiership player and my understanding is he virtually single handedly dragged DP over the line in 3 of those Grand Finals. He is devastating when the ball hits the ground like another midfielder from the games i have watched... those being finals games when it counts the most. I have no doubt he would hold his own against the players you mention. Let's hope we get to see this in 2022 so we can continue the chat

Donald D

I don't disagree with what your saying Horse all mentioned are fine players in their own right.. Vavra is still developing his craft and will be a very good player. With the lure of the mighty dollar why would Stewart want to play VFL? Let's be honest he demands a mighty dollar! I support your WRFL comments also. 7 time premiership player and my understanding is he virtually single handedly dragged DP over the line in 3 of those Grand Finals. He is devastating when the ball hits the ground like another midfielder from the games i have watched... those being finals games when it counts the most. I have no doubt he would hold his own against the players you mention. Let's hope we get to see this in 2022 so we can continue the chat

Donald D
The point stands that most of those mentioned gave the highest standard that they could reach a genuine crack, Stewart, save for a brief stint at Bendigo has largely opted to be the big fish in a small pond - it's for this reason that I and others are questioning the claim that his accomplishments put him above the rest.
If Browne, Deluca, Sikora etc opted to follow GA around in place of Stewart, would Marby or Deer Park have been any worse off? I doubt it.

Stewart is a very good footballer & in my opinion the most important player during the success of Deer Park.

Meese / Browne would beat him in ruck duals (can't comment on Deluca or Vavra), but he is much more a player than just a ruckman. Will go forward and be dangerous deep & is a very good decision maker with football in hand or dropping back to assist the backline.

He was good enough no doubt to play a higher standard.

Put the EK (No Chance under Cap) aspect to the side, as he is an asset to have running around in the EDFL...

Donald D
I doubt that Stewart would play premier league in 2022 if EK happens to win promotion.

Chris Stewart is super fit and definitely prepares well. His not slowing down.
Agree but his getting on in age and to my understanding wanted to retire or drop down in standard to play at a more relaxed standard. Yes itā€™s still competetive footy but he will just run around at will in this division.
A lot of discussion about Stewart to generate some conversations on this forum. His a likeable fellow and laconic figure, but no one has mentioned his previous time in EDFL with Marby. At that time OHalpin was the better ruck option of the 2 at Marby. But hey itā€™s div1 and he will dominate. I donā€™t have an issue with him dropping to div1 as his done his bit for local footy. Great recruit along with Bongetti and Scanlon.

Take aside possible salary issues good players coming back to play in this div can only be a good thing.
As for EK while I don't agree with stacking your side to the extent that has been done,if they play to the standard that the list is capable of then sides should take the opportunity to see and learn what it takes to play premier div footy

Agree but his getting on in age and to my understanding wanted to retire or drop down in standard to play at a more relaxed standard. Yes itā€™s still competetive footy but he will just run around at will in this division.
A lot of discussion about Stewart to generate some conversations on this forum. His a likeable fellow and laconic figure, but no one has mentioned his previous time in EDFL with Marby. At that time OHalpin was the better ruck option of the 2 at Marby. But hey itā€™s div1 and he will dominate. I donā€™t have an issue with him dropping to div1 as his done his bit for local footy. Great recruit along with Bongetti and Scanlon.

Not quite true Turbs. Stewy and Chris Kelly shared ruck duties for Marby in the premiership years & Marby simply saw Stewy as a Forward who could pinch hit in the ruck

He always had outstanding ability and could turn a game on its head. consistency was an issue for him. i remember seeing him play for DP and the transformation from what he was at marby was remarkable from a fitness perspective. I think hes twice the player at DP than he was at Marby due to fitness alone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take aside possible salary issues good players coming back to play in this div can only be a good thing.
As for EK while I don't agree with stacking your side to the extent that has been done,if they play to the standard that the list is capable of then sides should take the opportunity to see and learn what it takes to play premier div footy
But EKs list is not premier standard..

If Craigieburn were to ask to go into division 1 (but not qualify for finals) and the league asked EK if they wanted to go up, what would they answer?? It will never happen under the guidelines but think they would say no and rightfully so..

Not quite true Turbs. Stewy and Chris Kelly shared ruck duties for Marby in the premiership years & Marby simply saw Stewy as a Forward who could pinch hit in the ruck

He always had outstanding ability and could turn a game on its head. consistency was an issue for him. i remember seeing him play for DP and the transformation from what he was at marby was remarkable from a fitness perspective. I think hes twice the player at DP than he was at Marby due to fitness alone
Or twice the player due to the difference in standards between the leagues and we canā€™t compare rucks and key backs between the leagues either. Wrfl not a strong league in the years Stewart played? His always been reasonable fit, lean and strong with a presence.
Good conversation mate šŸ‘

If Stewie is getting on id hate to think what you class Chewie Scanlon. Chewie is 8 years older.

But EKs list is not premier standard..

If Craigieburn were to ask to go into division 1 (but not qualify for finals) and the league asked EK if they wanted to go up, what would they answer?? It will never happen under the guidelines but think they would say no and rightfully so..
No EK are not premier but the list is premier quality ,if this stays together then i reckon they will morecthan hold their own in prem

No EK are not premier but the list is premier quality ,if this stays together then i reckon they will morecthan hold their own in prem
Thatā€™s a huge call to say itā€™s premier quality. Agree with some recruits like Shaw (obviously) Lock, Stewart, Bongetti, Arrowsmith, Josh Grabowski. Throw in Scanlon for a year.

Thatā€™s 7. Who have I missed?? Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a couple but you will need another 8-10 names to cover injuries etc as a few are getting on in age.
Interested in your thoughts as a topic of conversation through lockdown! šŸ˜„

Agree not all 22 need to be top liners to push through a season or 2 as per what Glenroy have achieved thus far in premier.

Thatā€™s a huge call to say itā€™s premier quality. Agree with some recruits like Shaw (obviously) Lock, Stewart, Bongetti, Arrowsmith, Josh Grabowski. Throw in Scanlon for a year.

Thatā€™s 7. Who have I missed?? Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a couple but you will need another 8-10 names to cover injuries etc as a few are getting on in age.

Agree not all 22 need to be top liners to push through a season or 2 as per what Glenroy have achieved thus far in premier.

Laguda

How old is Stewart?
Premier is passed Chewie unfortunately
Bongetti, Shaw, Palazollo, arrowsmith all in there 30s, a couple of them back half of the 30s

How many will actually play premier? Is it worth loading up on all these players for them to either retire or leave in a year or 2?

If they do have a mass exodus, will a Division 1 flag be worth setting your club back that far?

How old is Stewart?
Bongetti, Shaw, Palazollo, arrowsmith all in there 30s, a couple of them back half of the 30s

How many will actually play premier? Is it worth loading up on all these players for them to either retire or leave in a year or 2?

If they do have a mass exodus, will a Division 1 flag be worth setting your club back that far?

Brancatisano, Rayner

Think they would be competitive but not in Top 5...

How old is Stewart?

thatā€™s exactly the thing....is it worth blowing the club up for a Div 1 flag.

this could ruin the joint forever

Brancatisano, Rayner

Think they would be competitive but not in Top 5...
Brancatisano didnā€™t set the world on fire whilst playing at Douttas or Pacco in the past.
Raynor is an interesting one as he would struggle for size against premier ruckman and ruck is his best spot. Having said that his still quite young.
It will be interesting to see if he even plays seniors at EK as they have a few ruckman in front of him plus he carries high points 5. šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

35 last week.
How old is Stewart?

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back