EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

You play with injury if you play for the jumper and the love of the club. Even if it means you hobble around in the forward pocket or stand like a statue. Once a club starts forfeiting history shows the club eventually folds. I certainly hope this is not going to happen to westmeadows.

They are not forfeiting, they are fielding a team. This is starting to get dramatic

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very true the fwd ogrady who got injured a few weeks ago played and killed it and the boy stingel also played back from overseas both big last week I see both back in 1sts this week will help

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Strongly agree, those two couldve been the difference last week but having them back this week may help them get over the top of deer park

Umm 18s forfeited this morning and rumour is still circulating that reserves forfeited as well.
If true that’s disturbing for Westy. No reserves, 18s or 16s spells big trouble.
Umm 18s forfeited this morning and rumour is still circulating that reserves forfeited as well.
If true that’s disturbing for Westy. No reserves, 18s or 16s spells big trouble.
yep no u18's game and no reserves playing today, a lot of unhappy players apparently the coaches are still getting paid but not players, god help them in 2024

3 reserves games without scores.

Two different ones for the Roxy v Craigieburn game, but both say the Eagles won and are making a charge as they move ahead of Roxy.

3 predictable results, Hillside by 10.

Bit of a frustrating game today, but credit to Moonee Valley who showed they're a good side. Newell's a gun and easy to see why Considine has been named in the best a lot this year.

An ugly win, but a win all the same.

I went into today expecting a hard fight contest and a close roxy win..... how wrong I was. Second to the footy, killed in the centre and Carlisle did whatever he wanted.

If the video captures all the action though I expect that Jake will have a few weeks off. Decked Grant off the ball first term, flattened Talintyre behind play in the 3rd and elbowed Elliott in the throat in the ruck in the last.

Too good today though. Finals all but gone now

On SM-N985F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I went into today expecting a hard fight contest and a close roxy win..... how wrong I was. Second to the footy, killed in the centre and Carlisle did whatever he wanted.

If the video captures all the action though I expect that Jake will have a few weeks off. Decked Grant off the ball first term, flattened Talintyre behind play in the 3rd and elbowed Elliott in the throat in the ruck in the last.

Too good today though. Finals all but gone now

He should get more then 3 if it's caught on camera

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jake was BOG by a week if Roxy had played football and Focus on the game they would’ve realised the two leading goalkicker‘s are both mid 30s…
Was BOG but whacking a bloke 30mtrs off the ball in the first Qtr would say he was focused on the football.

Should get more then a the week he got for knocking the card out of the umpires hand.

Rox well and truly out played simple as that.

Jake was BOG by a week if Roxy had played football and Focus on the game they would’ve realised the two leading goalkicker‘s are both mid 30s…
Agreed he was BOG be a long way but I know who was the one focussing on the man and not the ball. Also helps when every tall back at roxy was missing and we had a first game player on Bellino. Played him well in the 1st half but the midfield supply after half time was ridiculous. Full credit to the Burners got the game they played

Was BOG but whacking a bloke 30mtrs off the ball in the first Qtr would say he was focused on the football.

Should get more then a the week he got for knocking the card out of the umpires hand.

Rox well and truly out played simple as that.
Maybe Roxy boys should look at Commonwealth Games, some great diving

Maybe Roxy boys should look at Commonwealth Games, some great diving

Great win by the boys today.Jake gave Elliott a lesson on how to play in the ruck , he did as he pleased .Johnny 8 second half goals. Mcpharlane was the only Roxy player that can hold his head up high. It must be hard for him with crap service he receives from his on ballers. Looks like Roxy are doing what they done last year & fell off the pace badly

Went out to Roxy today
Carlisle dominated but ghee wiz Roxy coach helped him out massively and was well and truly out coached

Eliot was the only one who could somewhat give him a run but kept getting taken out of ruck
big jake was truly dominant regardless
Embarrassing for Roxy to have there own captain yell at the bench for there behaviour they are miles off it and will have trouble keeping there better players in the future after what I was hearing from people around the ground today

Thought Eliot and short were clearly Roxy’s best and that’s saying something as there man both beat them

Roxy finished for the year and abit of soul searching
Craigieburn looked great

Went out to Roxy today
Carlisle dominated but ghee wiz Roxy coach helped him out massively and was well and truly out coached

Eliot was the only one who could somewhat give him a run but kept getting taken out of ruck
big jake was truly dominant regardless
Embarrassing for Roxy to have there own captain yell at the bench for there behaviour they are miles off it and will have trouble keeping there better players in the future after what I was hearing from people around the ground today

Thought Eliot and short were clearly Roxy’s best and that’s saying something as there man both beat them

Roxy finished for the year and abit of soul searching
Craigieburn looked great

I don’t know what game you were watching, but if you think Elliott was Roxy best you must be blind. He had a good 5 minutes at the start of the last & that was it , as l said Mcpharlane was the only one that beat his man
Also who did they say were leaving?

Last edited:
3 reserves games without scores.

Two different ones for the Roxy v Craigieburn game, but both say the Eagles won and are making a charge as they move ahead of Roxy.

3 predictable results, Hillside by 10.

Bit of a frustrating game today, but credit to Moonee Valley who showed they're a good side. Newell's a gun and easy to see why Considine has been named in the best a lot this year.

An ugly win, but a win all the same.
Considine was super. Shame he had to play down back today because of all the key defenders that MV had out.
Newell one out in the ruck all day and showed why he is one of the best big men in this Division.

Rupo simply too clean and efficient when it counted. They have plenty of depth and class and I rate them highly. Deserve to be in the top three and if they are right on the day can definitely beat WC or DP.

Bit disappointed in the crowd today. Seemed quite small.

Went and watched Westmeadows Versus Deer Park today. Just wanted to say Westmeadows gave their guts today against a clearly superior side and at no stage did they show any frustration or unsportmanlike behaviour. In what must be surely an EDFL highlight for the year it was pleasing to see a Deer Park player's torpedo goal from the boundary directly in front of the Westmeadows coaches box after the siren sounded to end the quarter greeted by genuine hi 5's from the Westmeadows bench hierarchy to the Deer Park goal scorer. This is what football is truly about and for Westmeadows to perform on and off the field the way they did today says a lot about their outstanding character.

Considine was super. Shame he had to play down back today because of all the key defenders that MV had out.
Newell one out in the ruck all day and showed why he is one of the best big men in this Division.

I really should mention Agius too. Bloke can seriously play.

Rupo simply too clean and efficient when it counted. They have plenty of depth and class and I rate them highly. Deserve to be in the top three and if they are right on the day can definitely beat WC or DP.

Thought we were down a bit again today, but your blokes really took it to us. Exciting times ahead I think for the Valley.

Bit disappointed in the crowd today. Seemed quite small.

Thought it was pretty standard, to be honest.

On a brighter note, the twos had a win (well-done boys) and Landt got through the game.

I don’t know what game you were watching, but if you think Elliott was Roxy best you must be blind. He had a good 5 minutes at the start of the last & that was it , as l said Mcpharlane was the only one that beat his man
Also who did they say were leaving?

Just my opinion Jetski
Good luck for the year to your eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back