EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely someone’s in control of their account is in the sauce and forgot to log out. Horrible take from them on behalf of the club. Quite a few club officials been digging the boots into West Coburg. Not real smart
Why. It’s a fair take. You take the moral high ground on all things “thuggery” well how about now when it’s your club and the club you son/s are involved with?

Yep - it's absurd.
Cleary has devoted his life to raising funds and awareness of issues around violence in our society - I doubt his stance differs greatly due to the actions of his son's teammate.
Hillside & St Albans were rightfully called out for their embarrassing behaviour earlier this year but rather than taking on board the lessons from that incident, some buffoon has felt victimised and served up that rubbish..
How was a HS player/s being attacked embarrassing? 🤔

LOL, hillside FC the audacity. They deleted that real quick what a bad look for the club, short memories down at shark park

Perhaps some context … I heard that the post was actually on Phil Cleary page asking him a question about the post he put up about Angus Brayshaw.
Agree that it was probably an unintentional post when not logged out of club account, however it is a fair question after all isn’t it?
Nothing sinister, personal, racial, abusive in that comment.

Maybe more about the short memory from Cleary??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Perhaps some context … I heard that the post was actually on Phil Cleary page asking him a question about the post he put up about Angus Brayshaw.
Agree that it was probably an unintentional post when not logged out of club account, however it is a fair question after all isn’t it?

Apparently the incident/vision was on fox footy and the herald sun. Not a great look for the league so will they post a statement over the next 24-48hrs.
Only wish someone like Jackson Barling was still playing at Deer Park as he would have put him back in his place 👊🤣🤣

Maybe he's in the process of preparing a statement? Going off half-cocked without even giving him a chance to comment is, IMO, a bit silly.

Maybe he's in the process of preparing a statement? Going off half-cocked without even giving him a chance to comment is, IMO, a bit silly.

Not disagreeing here, let’s wait and see

Congrats to all the premiers from the weekend

All well deserved

Looking forward to the player transfer window (especially from a WC perspective)

Former West Coburg players turning on each other… it keeps getting better!

View attachment 1806488
The rot set in at wcfc when teams were announced on Thursday night. Blake Ross (ruckman and 1 of the best players and very popular) dropped from reserves. All because Dave Gloury hates Blake's old man. Dale May (total dumbass and coward) and Jordan Gloury(say no more) allegedly involved in decision

View attachment 1806488
The rot set in at wcfc on Thursday night when the teams were announced. Blake Ross dropped from reserves. Joey Drake dropped from seniors. Jordan Gloury announced as life member!!! Reserves and senior boys gutted by dumb ass decisions. Blake dropped because David Gloury and Dale May hate his old man. Are they 2 year olds?Reserves coach (total gentleman) totally overruled. Probably cost the reserves a flag!! Well done dickheads. Not sure why Joey was dropped but team mates shattered. Club can't possibly go ahead with life membership for Gloury. Reports of David Gloury abusing reserves coach on Saturday. What a pig. Let hope the club swings the axe a

View attachment 1806488

It didn’t stop him going on the national news and insinuating the St.Albans/Hillside brawl was pre meditated, completely unsubstantiated and he wasn’t even there.
My point was I think it’s silly by Hillside as a club to get involved and lay boots in. Every club has dark days and Hillside just ensured that when they do West Coburg will be there to kick them. I’ve seen Club presidents, officials and opposition coaches sinking the slipper into them, I don’t think it’s the best way to represent your club.

It didn’t stop him going on the national news and insinuating the St.Albans/Hillside brawl was pre meditated, completely unsubstantiated and he wasn’t even there.
My point was I think it’s silly by Hillside as a club to get involved and lay boots in. Every club has dark days and Hillside just ensured that when they do West Coburg will be there to kick them. I’ve seen Club presidents, officials and opposition coaches sinking the slipper into them, I don’t think it’s the best way to represent your club.

Laying the boots into Phil Cleary NOT WC!
Whilst the incident involved WC, the issue is as you mentioned above, nepotism and Double standards aside.

It was very clear WC intentions on the day were to be physical, which ultimately looked second rate. I thought officiating was good given the red hot shots being thrown all game.

Nash being targeted didnt work, the flip side is Lees on Baravi who was under his skin all day and reflected his performance. Dounias/Baravi put Lees over the fence after the Gloury hit and as a result Lees was struck by the crowd. Spiros takes out Dounis, Martini come in from 200m away at full tilt and took out Spiros. Every time you watch it you will find something new. You would think WC boys would have seen what Gloury did, try to diffuse and pull blokes away rather then muscle them over the fence. Fitaax shot on Smart was shocking and lucky he knocked out his own team mate.

Why should HS lay low?? Nothing wrong said, maybe didnt need to be done but, there was more action in this fight & on the field than what cost them and SA 20k and 4pts

The EDFL need to come down hard and punish the crowd perpetrators, cops should be involved. I'm sure they can be identified under investigation the same way it was earlier in the season.

It was very clear WC intentions on the day were to be physical, which ultimately looked second rate. I thought officiating was good given the red hot shots being thrown all game.

Nash being targeted didnt work, the flip side is Lees on Baravi who was under his skin all day and reflected his performance. Dounias/Baravi put Lees over the fence after the Gloury hit and as a result Lees was struck by the crowd. Spiros takes out Dounis, Martini come in from 200m away at full tilt and took out Spiros. Every time you watch it you will find something new. You would think WC boys would have seen what Gloury did, try to diffuse and pull blokes away rather then muscle them over the fence. Fitaax shot on Smart was shocking and lucky he knocked out his own team mate.

Why should HS lay low?? Nothing wrong said, maybe didnt need to be done but, there was more action in this fight & on the field than what cost them and SA 20k and 4pts

The EDFL need to come down hard and punish the crowd perpetrators, cops should be involved. I'm sure they can be identified under investigation the same way it was earlier in the season.
Why should HS lay low?
Given the blackeye they gave themselves & the comp, calling out an anti-violence campaigner as if they're in any way a victim, serves what point?
They've brought attention once more to their own actions, at a time when all attention is elsewhere.
One word describes it: moronic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why should HS lay low?
Given the blackeye they gave themselves & the comp, calling out an anti-violence campaigner as if they're in any way a victim, serves what point?
They've brought attention once more to their own actions, at a time when all attention is elsewhere.
One word describes it: moronic
Glass houses buddy.

Did Martini play ?

Haha. They won’t do anything.

The supporter in the crowd goes at a Deer Park player. Horrible look.

During the last quarter of the reserves game I seen Lynden Dunn go up to the fence and say to the WC defender to take out Covelli legs at the contest due to his knee. Wow wee pretty ordinary and actually now I know why he got punched last season. He is so tough from the fence but would never say it to Covellis face. And Covelli plays it fair and he and his opponent were often chatting during the game.
Dunn is the epitome of a dog player, played against him twice last year and both times, cheap shots off the ball, tries to be big and tough but in all honesty is way past it. West Coburg is the perfect club for a grub like him. Club should fold.

Again, don’t condone any form of violence. However, apparently he was called a few certain terms regarding the colour of his skin that day, especially one starting with “n”

Bullshit Ricky McVeigh is probably the nicest player anyone could play on or with so that’s horse shit

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am hearing Vic Pol may lay charges against grub Gloury. Apparently Channel 7 are going to push this story more. I hope they do. Sounds like his old man is a pos as well in reading some of the various comments being thrown around. Did west coburg gather as a group anywhere post game does anyone know?

I am hearing Vic Pol may lay charges against grub Gloury. Apparently Channel 7 are going to push this story more. I hope they do. Sounds like his old man is a pos as well in reading some of the various comments being thrown around. Did west coburg gather as a group anywhere post game does anyone know?
Am not condoning what was done or the act but did police to lay charges ? They’d be very busy I’d they set the precedence of doing this . Everyone will be sending in videos and there will be many charges laid each week . Let the tribunal and league take care of the ordinary situation and act

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back