EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Carroll has just lost the group or the group has lost Carroll. The players just don’t want to be there. A big off season of recruiting, restructuring the coaching and playing group, letting go of a few (a lot) of bag apples and a big pre season is needed to get this mighty club back in Div 1 where it belongs or the RDfL
They'll have plenty of points to use next year. For much of the year they were low to mid 30s with their points. That should give them some breathing space for recruiting.

Ressies are heading towards finals and their 17.5s are in their 3rd GF in a row this week (hopefully win this one) the future looks bright I think.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

They'll have plenty of points to use next year. For much of the year they were low to mid 30s with their points. That should give them some breathing space for recruiting.

Ressies are heading towards finals and their 17.5s are in their 3rd GF in a row this week (hopefully win this one) the future looks bright I think.

C grade reserves are not a great source for recruiting mate. I believe some at SK just enjoy playing reserves footy and good on them.

Pretty sure Vlodrive is saying they have depth and room to recruit.
is it a worry for SK that Carrols book of contacts might be hesitant to play at a c grade club when they have (equally to maybe CD) Been the biggest disappointment this year?

I feel like they need to recruit senior blokes (ideally blokes who have had success at other strong clubs) who perhaps are done with the commitment required at higher level footy and can be mentors and drive the standards to the younger players.

In saying all this. the 2s have done well and the girls did make the finals. But we all know the reality is teams are in it to win senior premierships.

I never said it was mate. I'm just finding some positives.

All good mate. The other issue is the travel to Sunbury at training times is not ideal. This is becoming a major problem for a lot of clubs outside the Essendon region. Now with Gisbourne Giants and potentially Melton South moving to Riddell opens up more avenues for players living around the Sunbury and surrounding areas. Good luck to SK though. Carroll always a very passionate coach so in good hands.

He's referring to the Seniors game at the 33:40 minute mark. Umpire gets pushed by a player.
Here's the link to the video:

Should be suspended. Absolutely pathetic. No wonder there is an umpire shortage. Says a lot about where SK are at the moment. Change is needed..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is it a worry for SK that Carrols book of contacts might be hesitant to play at a c grade club when they have (equally to maybe CD) Been the biggest disappointment this year?

I feel like they need to recruit senior blokes (ideally blokes who have had success at other strong clubs) who perhaps are done with the commitment required at higher level footy and can be mentors and drive the standards to the younger players.

In saying all this. the 2s have done well and the girls did make the finals. But we all know the reality is teams are in it to win senior premierships.
Bit of mail that SK could be looking to go back to Riddell and had heard East Sunbury also considering it. Very interesting

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back