EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

You have got no idea turbo, not one thing you have said recently is even slightly true. Page is signed and playing at craigieburn, kite has signed 2 years at craigieburn so will be playing if they go up, oak park have most certainly recruited some average players and paying them very good money also, and great facilities? There away changerooms would be one of the worst in the state of vic!!

Hey Bissa, respect your opinion but not sure what I said is incorrect other than produce names that Oak Park have signed or "might" sign.

As we all know AFL vic do nothing to hold players accountable to contracts. Give me a good reason why someone like Page wouldn't sit down with a premier club looking for a ruckman, and hear what they have to say! Because he is signed. Cmon Biss, if he wanted to play premier why would a div1 (b grade) hold him back as long as he informs them early to allow them to find a replacement.

Kite won't play premier division. Surely you know that. However I suppose you need to win it before this discussion can reconvene..

Oak Park have good social rooms, very good change rooms, good ground and playing surface etc, etc.. Cmon Biss, have you been there as it's clearly better than most div1 clubs and way better than Craigieburns champ..

Anyway all the best..

Question: If Craigieburn don't win it, do you think Nolan will be back and coach the club.. Think you had the best list on paper this season and look to have another decent side so surely you expect to win it, unless you had injuries to some better players. Probably also working with the biggest budget over 2015 & 16 so the commitee and hard working people will want to see a return..

A lot of people on here have no idea cam cloke was going to Bundoora glenroy Jason was leaving and Bugden was going to be sacked I think they r all signed at craigieburn and oak parks away rooms r a disgrace and I hope glenroy r getting there players from reservoir because if they r they will be in for a long season with no joy

Hey Little fella, Budgen is surely under pressure to get Craigieburn a premiership this year. Don't you think???
Agree he seems to be playing a lot of kids, which is great, but ultimately your club is in the best position of all div1 clubs with your juniors and expanding area..

Hey Little fella, Budgen is surely under pressure to get Craigieburn a premiership this year. Don't you think???
Agree he seems to be playing a lot of kids, which is great, but ultimately your club is in the best position of all div1 clubs with your juniors and expanding area..
Page will be at Craigieburn Turbo that is for certain ,Craigieburn has come a long way in short time in part to the committee and coaching staff who have rebuilt a club that had been destroyed by other alleged experts.Oak parks away rooms are a sad joke and having been involved in football in 4 different states they would be one of the worst I have ever seen.Agreed the social rooms are great as for Peter Bugden I am sure other clubs would happily have him.Daniel Nolan I wish him nothing but success at Wallan.

Hey Bissa, respect your opinion but not sure what I said is incorrect other than produce names that Oak Park have signed or "might" sign.

As we all know AFL vic do nothing to hold players accountable to contracts. Give me a good reason why someone like Page wouldn't sit down with a premier club looking for a ruckman, and hear what they have to say! Because he is signed. Cmon Biss, if he wanted to play premier why would a div1 (b grade) hold him back as long as he informs them early to allow them to find a replacement.

Kite won't play premier division. Surely you know that. However I suppose you need to win it before this discussion can reconvene..

Oak Park have good social rooms, very good change rooms, good ground and playing surface etc, etc.. Cmon Biss, have you been there as it's clearly better than most div1 clubs and way better than Craigieburns champ..

Anyway all the best..

Question: If Craigieburn don't win it, do you think Nolan will be back and coach the club.. Think you had the best list on paper this season and look to have another decent side so surely you expect to win it, unless you had injuries to some better players. Probably also working with the biggest budget over 2015 & 16 so the commitee and hard working people will want to see a return..

Come on Turbo lol. Oak park change rooms / portable are the worst in the Comp , and the ground has a concrete wicket running through the middle of it.

On you on their pay roll ?

W
wouldnt think so mate taken a side from second last to runners up is not a bad job yes recruited a few but not paying as much as people think agm next week so should find out exactly how much have a good chance this year to play finals as for Nolan no chance of coaching craigieburn next season

Come on Turbo lol. Oak park change rooms / portable are the worst in the Comp , and the ground has a concrete wicket running through the middle of it.

On you on their pay roll ?

Agreed. Terrible venue. Excellent scoreboard though.

Anyway all the best..

Starting to understand that all your comments on here are just about trying to stir the pot. As fustrated as you make me i will try my best to ignore your absolute crap you put on here from now on, champ!

Glenroy surely not relying on div 3 players from reservoir to improve list.Turbo you had a decent crack at Terra for taking players but i think it cheapens his puppets that follow him more than he.Players left Pacco to go with him as they knew they weren't good enough for premier and those leaving Resa know the task will be too hard a challenge.
Cant see Crazys reasoning in recruiting Kite as hes very overrated and they already have Clokes.Often amazes me that ex afl listed players such as Kite are held on a pedestal as many good local players are better.
I see nobody has mentioned Taylors Lakes as an improver but I know they are going about getting a good list togethor and will make top 4 omo.

Glenroy surely not relying on div 3 players from reservoir to improve list.Turbo you had a decent crack at Terra for taking players but i think it cheapens his puppets that follow him more than he.Players left Pacco to go with him as they knew they weren't good enough for premier and those leaving Resa know the task will be too hard a challenge.
Cant see Crazys reasoning in recruiting Kite as hes very overrated and they already have Clokes.Often amazes me that ex afl listed players such as Kite are held on a pedestal as many good local players are better.
I see nobody has mentioned Taylors Lakes as an improver but I know they are going about getting a good list togethor and will make top 4 omo.

Good stuff Barfly. Yeah the thing about Tera is he called a lot of players from Pacco to go across to Resa and yes most were twos players but as a club you need to have a reasonable twos side as its great for club morale. Personally I don't like these types of people as they just do it again & again to other clubs. Yes take 2 or 3 players but calling just about every listed player is downright disrespectful.

I to can't understand why Craigieburn would go after Kite for the reason of he won't play premier. I would expected him to go to another mid range club rather than Craigieburn who you would expect to play finals. What clubs like Craigieburn need to be careful of is paying huge coin for Kite yet "maybe" underpaying a talented youngster. It's a lesson for all clubs to ensure your younger "home" players are being paid fairly otherwise don't complain if they leave. People on big footy can deny all they like but Kite is on huge $$ and just won't stay if they go up.

Taylor's Lakes really went backwards this year but normally are always very competitive. I guess with some new teams around the area, and a close premier club raiding there junior talent, it's getting harder for them.

Hillside going with youth, however were very competitive this year when these kids were in the team. Good move I believe!!

How will Tulla fare under the new points system as the majority of there players are not homegrown. Is McKelister going back to the BFL..Big loss..

Haha we will see aussieone. Unfortunately for you this is fact bud

So Bissa, your not talking to me. That's fine, but can you explain to the readers on here why Kite has left Douttas after 1 year (and winning a Premiership) and all the drama surrounding his move from Glenroy.
FACT - he doesn't want to play premier. He has told just about every premier club that has spoken to him since he came back from Adelaide.
FACT - he decided on Craigieburn as it was the biggest offer. It was an offer no other div1 club was willing to match..

Now I know you won't respond to this as its REAL.. Why you continue to deny this, is laughable..

So Bissa, your not talking to me. That's fine, but can you explain to the readers on here why Kite has left Douttas after 1 year (and winning a Premiership) and all the drama surrounding his move from Glenroy.
FACT - he doesn't want to play premier. He has told just about every premier club that has spoken to him since he came back from Adelaide.
FACT - he decided on Craigieburn as it was the biggest offer. It was an offer no other div1 club was willing to match..

Now I know you won't respond to this as its REAL.. Why you continue to deny this, is laughable..
When have i ever said that Kite wont be on good money at the eagles? Of course he will be! All i have said is that he HAS signed a 2 year deal that will see him play premier if the club happens to go up. Also you stating that it's fact he only decided on craigieburn because it was the biggest offer is something 100% you are speculating on don't act like you know this is fact because he's offer at oak park was a big one! Also you spill on the premier forum about the big high profile recruits not going to pacco for the money but go there because of mates and the direction of the club so dont start on that crap turbo!! Clubs pay good $$ these days that's just the way it is, pacco being high on the list!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When have i ever said that Kite wont be on good money at the eagles? Of course he will be! All i have said is that he HAS signed a 2 year deal that will see him play premier if the club happens to go up. Also you stating that it's fact he only decided on craigieburn because it was the biggest offer is something 100% you are speculating on don't act like you know this is fact because he's offer at oak park was a big one! Also you spill on the premier forum about the big high profile recruits not going to pacco for the money but go there because of mates and the direction of the club so dont start on that crap turbo!! Clubs pay good $$ these days that's just the way it is, pacco being high on the list!
What do you call good $$ for a player?? 500, 800 or 1000 a game. In my opinion there shouldn't be many players above 500 a game in divy 1. Maybe 1-2 from each club also what kind of salary cap is the league looking for 2017 for divy 1 and are clubs preparing for that this year. If craigieburn don't win it in 2016 will this affect them for 2017 because they will have to cut back with the introduction of the cap

Now Bissa this is good conversation.
-He had a contract at Glenroy to, but still left to go to another club in the same division..Don't think he cares about clubs to much IMO.
-Umm Oak Park wanted Kite but there offer in the end was a fair bit under Craigieburns Biss.
-Kite has mates going to Oak Park and was strongly linked to joining them until they told him they can't match the lastest offer..

*Just on Kite, I'm really dumbfounded as to why he hasn't taken on the challenge and played premier division. His clearly the most talented player currently in div1. I kind of understood it when he went back to Glenroy, being his junior club and playing with his mates, but then going to Douttas and now Craigieburn just doesn't sit well with me. Yes it's his life, but what a waste of talent..

Yes clubs do pay good money and that's up to the clubs what they can afford. I'm not against players getting good deals, but you need to be careful paying "overs" and it's important to get the right players.

I accept your views on Pacco (and my previous comments) but Pacco have also suffered from recruiting certain players in the past, and really learnt from this, and now have built a sound/solid foundation for sustainability and success at the premier division level. It's on the back of good footy people, loyal hardworking club people and a group of players who respect each other and want to take the club forward.

Craigieburn would have to be the team to beat this year no doubting it. Northern saints could possibly do the double drop. Sad to see but real possibility. Tullamarine will miss mccalister if it's true that he has left. Also Tom German a definite departure. Gone bush to play

Craigieburn would have to be the team to beat this year no doubting it. Northern saints could possibly do the double drop. Sad to see but real possibility. Tullamarine will miss mccalister if it's true that he has left. Also Tom German a definite departure. Gone bush to play
Agree Monkey, Mels mob the November premiers for mine! Will still be the premier division in the EDFL as it was last year in terms of competitiveness Good luck to all the teams pre season is probably just around the corner

Agree with you on Cragieburn. I think Westmeadows will be up there as will Taylors, Tulla and Oak Park. Northern are picking a number of younger guys as it seems the list is changing with guys moving on. The premier experience will help and will definitely avoid relegation in this division even though it's the most competitive of all the divs.

Agree with you on Cragieburn. I think Westmeadows will be up there as will Taylors, Tulla and Oak Park. Northern are picking a number of younger guys as it seems the list is changing with guys moving on. The premier experience will help and will definitely avoid relegation in this division even though it's the most competitive of all the divs.
What's making u say Taylor's will be up there. They only avoided the drop by beating EK by 2 points. With the retirement of sharky, his brother and maybe a couple of others it could be a long year

What's making u say Taylor's will be up there. They only avoided the drop by beating EK by 2 points. With the retirement of sharky, his brother and maybe a couple of others it could be a long year

I do admit, other than Westy and Cragieburn, I am speculating on Taylors and Tulla. More so based on past years performances where they have generally never bottomed out when in this Div.

As long as the Saints have a good year, I'll be happy.

A bit harsh on Northern. Particularly you haven't got any facts to support your stance. They have lost the Caruso' but I understand there was a large contingent at their first training run including some more than adequate recruits.

A bit harsh on Northern. Particularly you haven't got any facts to support your stance. They have lost the Caruso' but I understand there was a large contingent at their first training run including some more than adequate recruits.

Have heard they've let a few blokes know they're not welcome back at the club

Good move for the culture but some of these blokes are decent footballers

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back