EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloomfield differently retired at oak park. Hearing his good a coaching job somewhere so won't have time to play

Bloomfield and German are massive loses for Oak Park.

McAlister definitely gone from Tulla

Winter has also spoken to Westmeadows, but i have been told they have used alot of their budget on Debritt and Foster as key fwds and Valentine has also returned after a year off with knee. With those 3 and Church & Mullens i'm not sure they would need to pay good money for another forward.

Don't know names but also have heard that a group from Airport West have gone to Westmeadows ?

Talking to a couple the older roy boys at pacco last week and told winter had signed along with a few boys from cobram and seymour!

Bloomfield and German are massive loses for Oak Park.

McAlister definitely gone from Tulla

Winter has also spoken to Westmeadows, but i have been told they have used alot of their budget on Debritt and Foster as key fwds and Valentine has also returned after a year off with knee. With those 3 and Church & Mullens i'm not sure they would need to pay good money for another forward.

Don't know names but also have heard that a group from Airport West have gone to Westmeadows ?
That's interesting u say de Britt is key fwd. he played all his footy down back at AH.
Bad recruiting if they are Fwds because they need key defenders not Fwds

That's interesting u say de Britt is key fwd. he played all his footy down back at AH.
Bad recruiting if they are Fwds because they need key defenders not Fwds

DeBritt was used as a swing man at Avondale between CHF and CHB. I think Westmeadows will use him the same pending the opposition. Other than Craigieburn what sides have any Big forwards to be concerned about.

DeBritt was used as a swing man at Avondale between CHF and CHB. I think Westmeadows will use him the same pending the opposition. Other than Craigieburn what sides have any Big forwards to be concerned about.
Hillside, Tullamarine, glenroy now with winter, Taylor's lakes most do except oak park and Hadfield NS are unknown

Hillside, Tullamarine, glenroy now with winter, Taylor's lakes most do except oak park and Hadfield NS are unknown

Yep if Winter is at Glenroy I'll give that one.

Who are Hillsides big key Fwds ? And with McAllister out of Tulla who are there big key Fwds ? I'm talking guys 6'3 plus

Yep if Winter is at Glenroy I'll give that one.

Who are Hillsides big key Fwds ? And with McAllister out of Tulla who are there big key Fwds ? I'm talking guys 6'3 plus

Hillside will rely on there young tall forwards and Ferraro, so could kick some good scores. Just not sure how they are placed for key quality backs to contain opposition sides. Do hear they expect to improve on this season..

What budget do Westmeadows work to as they seem to be recruiting well. Guys like Church would come at a price, as I think he could play premier..They seem to be moving in the right direction after being at a low only a few years back.

Tulla - Scott and Pretty both 6'3
TL - xuerab
Hillside - Johnson and corletta
Roy's - winter

Scott plays in the ruck , would not have kicked 5 goals for year. Pretty 6'1 , I'll give you 6'2 at best.

Johnson - please. Wouldn't get a game in the top 5 sides.
Corletta will be a good player as he matures

Xuerab - possibly. Similar to a church I guess and can play high.

When do sides come back for pre season ? Any started ?

What's everyone's thoughts on Oak Park given the talk about key forwards. Can they challenge without Bloomfield and no real height in fwd half ?

Great midfield but lack height up forward and down back

What's everyone's thoughts on Oak Park given the talk about key forwards. Can they challenge without Bloomfield and no real height in fwd half ?

Great midfield but lack height up forward and down back
Not if there relying on hillsdon,andersen,cronin and danny campbell to improve, danny gun 4 years ago hasn't player for 2 years and the other 2 would be reserves players at cragieburn and westy who imo will be top 2!

Have they recruited any other players?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not if there relying on hillsdon,andersen,cronin and danny campbell to improve, danny gun 4 years ago hasn't player for 2 years and the other 2 would be reserves players at cragieburn and westy who imo will be top 2!

I'll give u craigieburn as top 2 but not westy. Westy are the most over rated team in divy 1. Last year was all westmeadows after all there new recruits. Struggled to make finals. Lost to OP twice, tulla twice, DS twice. Only beat tulla and craigieburn once. Not a good record. They are a very old team and with a few important outs mainly there ruckman and possible 2-3 mids they will struggle. Not to mention there undersized backline.

Just because they have recruited them doesn't mean they will be play seniors. I'm sure all those players will give OP some depth which they have lacked in the past. If u look at there reserves they have won 4 games in 2 years. So the more players they get in to help with depth the better the club will be. I don't know much about a few of there recruits but under a different environment and coaching staff they might become better players. Just like what happens in higher levels of football. Struggle at 1 club but then goes to another and becomes a good player

I'll give u craigieburn as top 2 but not westy. Westy are the most over rated team in divy 1. Last year was all westmeadows after all there new recruits. Struggled to make finals. Lost to OP twice, tulla twice, DS twice. Only beat tulla and craigieburn once. Not a good record. They are a very old team and with a few important outs mainly there ruckman and possible 2-3 mids they will struggle. Not to mention there undersized backline.

Old ? I don't think they are that old. Core group of church Mullen Wilcox etc are all under 24. From my info ruckman is back next month and they haven't lost any players. I think Debritt and Foster will be great inclusions and they have a lot of good kids coming through.

I guess time will tell , that's why they call it silly season.

In my opinion craigieburn will be the team to beat, Westmeadows most likely next and then tulla oak park and glenroy all there abouts. Hillside are definitely on the right track and look to make finals year after next with the kids. I'm concerned for saints and lakers and Hadfield will be the Unknown.

Just because they have recruited them doesn't mean they will be play seniors. I'm sure all those players will give OP some depth which they have lacked in the past. If u look at there reserves they have won 4 games in 2 years. So the more players they get in to help with depth the better the club will be. I don't know much about a few of there recruits but under a different environment and coaching staff they might become better players. Just like what happens in higher levels of football. Struggle at 1 club but then goes to another and becomes a good player

Good post. You need to have strong reserves to have success at senior level. EDS , Craigieburn and Westmeadows all had strong reserves this year. Those guys will add to the depth for oak park. However I doubt any of them would be recruited to be playing reserves.

H
Old ? I don't think they are that old. Core group of church Mullen Wilcox etc are all under 24. From my info ruckman is back next month and they haven't lost any players. I think Debritt and Foster will be great inclusions and they have a lot of good kids coming through.

I guess time will tell , that's why they call it silly season.

In my opinion craigieburn will be the team to beat, Westmeadows most likely next and then tulla oak park and glenroy all there abouts. Hillside are definitely on the right track and look to make finals year after next with the kids. I'm concerned for saints and lakers and Hadfield will be the Unknown.

Has Sammut left west to he was one of best players

What's everyone's opinion on the points system. How will it effect clubs in this div. will it have any impact at all ?

I'm pretty sure most of the clubs in this Division in 2015 were pretty well placed and maybe only Douttas were over 50 points.

Good post. You need to have strong reserves to have success at senior level. EDS , Craigieburn and Westmeadows all had strong reserves this year. Those guys will add to the depth for oak park. However I doubt any of them would be recruited to be playing reserves.
I disagree. You recruit players that are going to make the your club better. All those players will make the club better. Regardless whether that's in the seniors or reserves. It's up to the individuals to determine what team they play in.
I'll eat humble pie if I'm wrong about Westy. Westie old players are turner X 2, Fenton, Trewin, Aldridge, callegari, Wilson. thats a core of the playing group too

I agree having depth is great these guys will improve that a bit, but my point is andersen 2's player at glenroy, hillsdon was finished 3 years ago was prob last picked in gf side at the roys and probaly kept his spot only because he was co-captain, danny like i said is a gun but 2 years out of game and is not fit at all and cronin was a role player off bench for DS.

IMO these guys will not improve oak park chance to win a flag!

I'm pretty sure most of the clubs in this Division in 2015 were pretty well placed and maybe only Douttas were over 50 points.
The issue isn't the points system it might be the salery cap being introduced in 2017. You don't want want to over spend because if you don't get promoted then u could find yourself in trouble for 2017 when the cap will be between 120-150 grand for divy 1. Where as premier will be 180-200

I agree having depth is great these guys will improve that a bit, but my point is andersen 2's player at glenroy, hillsdon was finished 3 years ago was prob last picked in gf side at the roys and probaly kept his spot only because he was co-captain, danny like i said is a gun but 2 years out of game and is not fit at all and cronin was a role player off bench for DS.

Danny only missed last year. If you add Cronin, Campbell and D Smith from Greenvale to a midfield off Pascu, rajab, hare, hogan (who's like a recruit played 2 games) that will help them win enough games to make finals.
You do realise that OP only missed finals by 2%. The beat every team except EDS and beat Westie twice. So if they can find a ruckman to replace Bloomfield or somehow convince him to play then I think they will be strong chance to play finals. Once u make finals anything can happen

Larks if the OP recruits are who everyone says then they are solid div 1 players. The concern for OP is if they are having a crack in 2016 to get back into premier and they happen to win it how will they go in premier in 2017? IMO CB are probably the best placed club to make the transition from Div 1 to Prem. They clearly have an ability to attract good players like Page, Young and the Cloke boys. So if they were to win the flag in 2016 then they would go to premier and have a realistic chance of remaining up. As Turbs said Westy are on the right path but possibly 1-2 years away. Tulla would need significant improvement in there unders but they are on track and are implementing a plan to do so... not sure about Lakes they are at a real tipping point... Hillside seem to be on a massive push with their kids which is great but they couldn't go up for a few years at least... Haddy an unknown but they have had some great kids coming through the ranks if they can hang onto them.. Nth Saints have had a taste of Prem and look to be in a re build with kids which IMO is a great move.. Roys team last year had plenty of kids so hopefully they continue down that track but like Hillside are a few years away from having a crack at prem.
Good conversation lads enjoy the weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back