EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Craigieburn handing out yet another belting with their midfield and the forward clearly miles above the rest of the league.

I don't think the scoreboard really reflected the game. At half time it was about 5-6 goals and WM had had just as much of the footy but missed some shots in front of goal. I counted at least 6 set shots they should have converted , and they went in 4.10 at half time.
3rd quarter was a disgrace for WM as Craigieburn completed dominated. Fair spray from coach at 3/4 time and then last quarter WM kicked 4 to 2. Considering Church broke his arm in first minute of game and Allocuhe pulled out before game and no Wilcox Mullen or Callagari I think WM actually preformed fairly well.

Don't get me wrong, Craigieburn are clearly the best side and are the team to beat but I wouldn't be engraving their name just yet.

Also, a bit of heat after the game with a big Brawl. What was happening with that ?

Last edited:
Some close games today.

5 goals to 4 for Oak Park and Lakes. What was the ground like ?

Tulla by only 5 goals against the saints and down at half time.

Hadfield lost to Glenroy by 27. Did the guys from Coburg play at Haddy ?

Half way mark , is everyone positioned as expected in pre season ?

I don't think the scoreboard really reflected the game. At half time it was about 5-6 goals and WM had had just as much of the footy but missed some shots in front of goal. I counted at least 6 set shots they should have converted , and they went in 4.10 at half time.
3rd quarter was a disgrace for WM as Craigieburn completed dominated. Fair spray from coach at 3/4 time and then last quarter WM kicked 4 to 2. Considering Church broke his arm in first minute of game and Allocuhe pulled out before game and no Wilcox Mullen or Callagari I think WM actually preformed fairly well.

Don't get me wrong, Craigieburn are clearly the best side and are the team to beat but I wouldn't be engraving their name just yet.

Also, a bit of heat after the game with a big Brawl. What was happening with that ?
What big brawl it was a push and a shove umpires walk of the ground not interested.

Ur kidding aren't u mate. WM were clearly beaten & the score board proved that!! Even if they had of kicked straight they wouldn't have won!! Was waiting for all the excuses to come out. An absolute disgraceful call from the WM coach who stopped one of their trainers that was ready to go & help out a CB player that had been knocked out. Poor effort from a coach!!
& as for an all in after the game, u make it sound like a massive brawl which it clearly wasn't. The umps weren't even interested.

Don't know where I said that WM would have won if they kicked straight ?
Craigieburn were the better side , I purely stated that it was a more even contest than the scoreboard indicated as I felt WM didn't take advantage of their opportunities where Craigieburn did.

Also good to see all the opposition players back in the rooms after the game. Big thanks to all 4 of them

Craigieburn were the better side , I purely stated that it was a more even contest than the scoreboard indicated as I felt WM didn't take advantage of their opportunities where Craigieburn did.

Also good to see all the opposition players back in the rooms after the game. Big thanks to all 4 of them

Most of us who read big footy like your game report. At least you provide some of your thoughts on the game. A lot of people just sit back and wait and then throw darts. I didn't see that you criticised CB but they come back throwing mud.
Keep up the good work..

Most of us who read big footy like your game report. At least you provide some of your thoughts on the game. A lot of people just sit back and wait and then throw darts. I didn't see that you criticised CB but they come back throwing mud.
Keep up the good work..
I'm not throwing mud mate. I have an opinion just like u & everybody else on here

I didnt see the game but looking at scores eagles had 9 more scoring shots so would have thought margin to be about right

I don't know how you reckon it was a pretty even contest apart from the scoreboard considering WM got 5 goals from shocking free kicks & 50m penalties off the umps. The game was also played in sloppy, muddy wet conditions & the ball was like a cake of soap. To win by 70 points in those conditions is like winning by 150+ in dry conditions

Just gonna come out and say this ' Craigieburn to go premiers and champions this year undefeated and win the gf by 50+

Well if your spending twice everyone else anything less would be dissapointing.

Half way through what's everyone's predications.

Premier -
GF -
Top 4 -
Leading Goal Kicker -
B & F -

Mine is
Craigieburn
Craigieburn V WM
Craigieburn , WM , OP , Hillside
Jason Cloke
Tamer Abdullah

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WM had 5 of best 6 out yesterday. Think that would make a big difference. But it's definitely Craigieburns to lose

I don't think 5 players will make up 79pt difference.

And surely you don't think tamar for best in the league? He will not top many players from craigieburn. 2 clokes big Paigey. Young. Kite.

And number 5 from westmeadows trying to take out a player with an elbow on the wing. Was very lucky not to connect with it as he just missed.

And the coach who pulled back there trainer when a craigieburn fella who was down and out in the Center of the ground.

Definitely a team that didn't deserve to win that game. And 79pts being in very muddy and wet conditions is pretty impressive. Would of had them winking by 100+ if it was a dry day.

How do some of you criticise the WM coach. We're you standing in ear shot and heard him. I doubt he would pull a trainer back unless he had good reason. Now you mention it was in the centre of the ground, well usually opposition trainers attend mostly when a player goes down on there side of the ground. It's not often they run over the other side for opposition players as they have there own trainers don't you??
I wasn't there but this story is sounding more made up each time I read about it. Clubs pay good coin for decent trainers so I wouldn't expect them to go over and help opposition teams with injured players and give them massages etc. Its only when there is a legitimate seroius" injury near them that they will go and assist any player... Example: You wouldn't say run out to the middle of the ground to assist an opposition player who has cramp.

Craigieburn can go ahead and order their premiership shirts & caps. They will win the premiership easy.. If they don't I wouldn't like to be in the rooms back at the club.
I just hope CB have a plan for sustainability in future years and really focus on getting there junior program to an elite level and improve there image, or they will come undone down the track. There are plans for the league to expand out that way, so the club will have competition from neighbouring clubs shortly..I see interesting challenges for CB over the next 5 years..

How do some of you criticise the WM coach. We're you standing in ear shot and heard him. I doubt he would pull a trainer back unless he had good reason. Now you mention it was in the centre of the ground, well usually opposition trainers attend mostly when a player goes down on there side of the ground. It's not often they run over the other side for opposition players as they have there own trainers don't you??
I wasn't there but this story is sounding more made up each time I read about it. Clubs pay good coin for decent trainers so I wouldn't expect them to go over and help opposition teams with injured players and give them massages etc. Its only when there is a legitimate seroius" injury near them that they will go and assist any player... Example: You wouldn't say run out to the middle of the ground to assist an opposition player who has cramp.

Craigieburn can go ahead and order their premiership shirts & caps. They will win the premiership easy.. If they don't I wouldn't like to be in the rooms back at the club.
I just hope CB have a plan for sustainability in future years and really focus on getting there junior program to an elite level and improve there image, or they will come undone down the track. There are plans for the league to expand out that way, so the club will have competition from neighbouring clubs shortly..I see interesting challenges for CB over the next 5 years..

I would say a player heavily concussed might be a good reason for any trainer to assist wouldn't you say and the comment was heard by our trainer the comment F&%$ him

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back