EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Turbo, Your a deadset flog!!!
Player gets a decent head knock through friendly fire unluckily so no malice in the incident, he's down on the wicket table slightly on the westy pack side and if you've been there you would know westys box middle of wing and away box forward flank mickleham rd side so for agruements sake westy was closer but that doesn't matter, he doesn't move to much so safe to say it could be a serious injury and not cramp as when it's comes to the head you never know...coach basically says don't worry about him!
Now yes medics get paid good coin as there job which is to help injured players regardless the team or position on the feild as that's what there paid to do
Coaches get paid good coin to coach football teams and players not be a head medic and direct them who they can and can't treat that just not in the spirit of the game or life for that matter so very ignorant comment
Would you be happy if this happened to your child and the same scenario played out??
Secondly I did see Pascoes fine junior program at work again over the weekend as don't think you'll find to many currently running around in the senior team and according to the teams points that's a pretty accurate call I reckon
Although I geuss the fine junior program is at work when it's banking the payroll of your ones side I geuss
do us all a favour and stay in the premier forum where you can talk up your team as to how good they should be yet don't preform like it, maybe blokes playing for that good coin you speak of rather the the club
Firstly some of the div 1 medics are still volunteers and i can tell u personally they arnt on good coin at all and the the fact that the trainer didnt go out to the injured player regardless of which team is deplorable they have a duty of care

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Firstly some of the div 1 medics are still volunteers and i can tell u personally they arnt on good coin at all and the the fact that the trainer didnt go out to the injured player regardless of which team is deplorable they have a duty of care

I think calling them 'medics' is a bit of a stretch anyway

Sometimes they can help stretch out cramps help you off the field or do a bit of taping

In no way am I critisizing the job they do they are always very helpful to players.... But to call them medics makes them sound like they are paid match day doctors

Sometimes they can help stretch out cramps help you off the field or do a bit of taping

In no way am I critisizing the job they do they are always very helpful to players.... But to call them medics makes them sound like they are paid match day doctors
Really are u serious 1. as a trainer/medic i find your description of my job offensive most trainers/medics spend at least 20 hours at a club 2 having a current player at a premier div club most of them have qualified physios, osteos, and sports trainers that are at most games, and having treated a few very serious medical issues just this season alone, so dont you DARE downplay the role of a trainer/ medic because they are the ones that look after your CRAMPS

Man, thats a bit harsh.. so you meen to tell us that trainers do a bit of taping and help you with your cramps and thats about it! Lol.

A game I witnessed last year where a young man went into cardiac arrest, when both the home team and opposition trainers worked frantically to resuscitate for close to an hour on the field, were not just stretching out cramps and taping..
... unfortunately the young man passed, that will live with these young Medics for the rest of there lives, need I say no more.

Bit more respect should be given to medics mate. By no means are they limited to stretching your 'cramps' out or doing a bit of 'taping' as you suggested.

Man, thats a bit harsh.. so you meen to tell us that trainers do a bit of taping and help you with your cramps and thats about it! Lol.

A game I witnessed last year where a young man went into cardiac arrest, when both the home team and opposition trainers worked frantically to resuscitate for close to an hour on the field, were not just stretching out cramps and taping..
... unfortunately the young man passed, that will live with these young Medics for the rest of there lives, need I say no more.

Bit more respect should be given to medics mate. By no means are they limited to stretching your 'cramps' out or doing a bit of 'taping' as you suggested.
Fair call

Maybe I'm lucky enough to ever have been a game where there has been a serious episode.... And probably didn't consider than scenario

Was good to see Nick Fletcher back for the eagles Last week in the reserves having not played this year. Looked unfit but kicked 3 in a half a game the guy can play. Be interested to see if he plays seniors this week.

Was good to see Nick Fletcher back for the eagles Last week in the reserves having not played this year. Looked unfit but kicked 3 in a half a game the guy can play. Be interested to see if he plays seniors this week.

watching #17 in the under 18's last game got through well coming back from injury, was a certainty for seniors this year! would like to see if young Nathan Strkalj is playing seniors this week

Hey guys. Any thoughts on the coming round.

Craigiburn should handle OP easy enough
Taylor's and Hillside looks to be the game of the round with Taylor's just getting up last time.
You would expect Tulla to beat glenroy even though they do play much better at home.
And westy by 130+ I rekon.

Any1 else have any differnt views.

West and Eagles easy, and Hillside to reverse the 1st round loss. Tulla by 24
Your old boys at Highgate could be frightening for OP Mel. Certainly expect them to win by 50 plus. WM have a habit of really flexing their muscles against sides that are struggling especially at home 100 + Tulla should be starting to get a few back. If so I think your 24 + is expected but Roys at home is also tuff. Lakes at home is also a tough gig. Still not convinced on HS yet. Losses to Lakes and Haddy provide some doubt. Wins against OP, Tulla and Roys provides more confusion! Don't be surprised if Lakes grow a leg against their old coach and local arch rival.
HS in a tight one 2-7 points. Hopefully the grounds dry out and all players can show their skills off. Good luck to all involved. Does old Turbo have an opinion on the upcoming round? Billy any update on Tulla? Are you getting a few back mate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your old boys at Highgate could be frightening for OP Mel. Certainly expect them to win by 50 plus. WM have a habit of really flexing their muscles against sides that are struggling especially at home 100 + Tulla should be starting to get a few back. If so I think your 24 + is expected but Roys at home is also tuff. Lakes at home is also a tough gig. Still not convinced on HS yet. Losses to Lakes and Haddy provide some doubt. Wins against OP, Tulla and Roys provides more confusion! Don't be surprised if Lakes grow a leg against their old coach and local arch rival.
HS in a tight one 2-7 points. Hopefully the grounds dry out and all players can show their skills off. Good luck to all involved. Does old Turbo have an opinion on the upcoming round? Billy any update on Tulla? Are you getting a few back mate?

Hey Outback I will give you my selections since you asked..

OP to upset CB. Think OP will enjoy the conditions at Highgate and get up today. They might expose CB for pace on the outside today. Interesting game this one I reckon. Is OP the second best team? We will see today i guess.

HS to just get over TL by under 20pts. If HS are to be a serious contender they really need to put TL to the sword, but TL seem to get up for these games. Can HS win and move into the top 4? If so the next game v CB at Shark Park will see where there at. IMO Hillside at full strength are the main challengers to CB cone finals. If they play a fast brand of footy they are very dangerous, as they have different types of forwards.

TUlla will beat Glenroy. Not sure what's going on with Glenroy but they have been very disapointing. Maybe they go with youth now, and try and rebuild again next season. Bit going on behind the scenes so expect changes after the season is finished. Tulla really need to win by over 36pts if they are going to do any damage come finals. They lose and I think they miss the finals so it's a huge game for Tulla.

WM over NS. To strong especially at home.

Hey Outback I will give you my selections since you asked..

OP to upset CB. Think OP will enjoy the conditions at Highgate and get up today. They might expose CB for pace on the outside today. Interesting game this one I reckon. Is OP the second best team? We will see today i guess.

Will not be beaten this year.

Will not be beaten this year.

Could be right Mel but finals pressure could see them come undone if they happen to meet a side like Hillside maybe. I'm only saying this as they have a younger side which have nothing to lose. Hillside dropped their guard against Taylors & Haddy early season, otherwise they would sit 2nd.. I do agree the cup is already marked with Craigieburns name but they were favorites last year and fell at the final hurdle..

Could be right Mel but finals pressure could see them come undone if they happen to meet a side like Hillside maybe. I'm only saying this as they have a younger side which have nothing to lose. Hillside dropped their guard against Taylors & Haddy early season, otherwise they would sit 2nd.. I do agree the cup is already marked with Craigieburns name but they were favorites last year and fell at the final hurdle..

Maybe 2nd favourites and I reckon Douttas are now showing why they were #1. Would love to know from Canplaythisguy how many guys under 20 lined up for them on the weekend and good to see Tydell and Liam Forbes in your senior team too. :thumbsu:

Maybe 2nd favourites and I reckon Douttas are now showing why they were #1. Would love to know from Canplaythisguy how many guys under 20 lined up for them on the weekend and good to see Tydell and Liam Forbes in your senior team too. :thumbsu:

Hey Mel, Tydell will alway play seniors mate and is great for the team/club. He started in the reserves only due to doing a limited pre season. Another one of those guys who is willing to have a conversation with the supporters. And he can play a bit. Young Forbes has really come on this year, and after his last couple of games will be a regular senior player. Provides a genuine contest and is very passionate. I guess that's another benefit of having players with experience who can guide and teach you. He deserves his spot in a pretty good side. Credit to him for working hard at a strong premier club.

9 blokes 21 years or younger in EDS senior side that beat marby on the weekend. With Anderson and calvaresi out which would make 11 blokes.

What's happening out at Sewell Res boys. The difference in scoring shots over past rounds against Glenroy is huge. They can't make finals now with only 3 wins thus far. Could the Nth Saints get them this week on their home ground in the what is expected to be a wet weekend. Will the coach survive the season, as some talk going around they lose this week he could be gone and they start a minor rebuild. My mail tells me they expected to win last week but really were outclassed from all reports. Whitnall to fill in for the remainder of the season and they start early on trying to get a new person at the helm.. Interesting times out there as hearing the commitee are extremely disapointed, as they expected to play finals this year.

Now you know I like the folk out at Glenroy but where is my good friend the AussieOne.. Has he deserted them as well?

What's happening out at Sewell Res boys. The difference in scoring shots over past rounds against Glenroy is huge. They can't make finals now with only 3 wins thus far. Could the Nth Saints get them this week on their home ground in the what is expected to be a wet weekend. Will the coach survive the season, as some talk going around they lose this week he could be gone and they start a minor rebuild. My mail tells me they expected to win last week but really were outclassed from all reports. Whitnall to fill in for the remainder of the season and they start early on trying to get a new person at the helm.. Interesting times out there as hearing the commitee are extremely disapointed, as they expected to play finals this year.

Now you know I like the folk out at Glenroy but where is my good friend the AussieOne.. Has he deserted them as well?
Doubtful, I have never understood the point of sacking a coach unless he is doing damage to your brand/club like stealing, fighting with players and supporters. Have the Roy's suffered injuries?

refer to my post on May 30 . they get heavily scored against every loss they have. Get smashed out the middle every week and have no defensive stucture

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back