EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

refer to my post on May 30 . they get heavily scored against every loss they have. Get smashed out the middle every week and have no defensive stucture

Good footy sides are built on good structured defence and competetive midfielders. Im not totally convinced it's due to a few injuries as there playing list has some decent names, but most are forwards.
Are they fit enough??
Are there foot skills up to hitting targets in game day pressure??

As people have mentioned on here before div1 footy has improved over recent years especially the top 4-5 sides. Pretty clean footy and the ball moves pretty fast up & back compared to the past.

Thoughts???

If Roxy wins the flag which while still being a while awaytheu do look like the team to beat at this stage

How do people reckon they'll go??

They have a fair bit of young talent that they will definitely lose if they don't win the flag to have a crack at higher levels... These kids will attract good offers next year regardless though capuano and dimech are guns

Roxy have great depth 2's undefeated and I know they don't play any players more than $250 a game

Club is really wanting blokes to be at the club for more than the money which is a great way to go about it but not sure that will cut it in a higher division

Thoughts??

If Roxy wins the flag which while still being a while awaytheu do look like the team to beat at this stage

They have a fair bit of young talent that they will definitely lose if they don't win the flag to have a crack at higher levels... These kids will attract good offers next year regardless though capuano and dimech are guns

Roxy have great depth 2's undefeated and I know they don't play any players more than $250 a game

Club is really wanting blokes to be at the club for more than the money which is a great way to go about it but not sure that will cut it in a higher division

Thoughts??

It's a huge step up IMO. The problem they will encounter is attracting top end talent there, including coaching staff etc.

They had a great chance years ago when Rombotis was there but it just collapsed are a few bricks were laid.

They will need between 4-6 players coming up from 18s capable of playing regular div1 seniors and recruit another 6-8 players who have played high level metro/country footy. That's not going to be easy!! Do they have good 18 kids??

Do they have people off field with contacts and networking options? That's really important.. Recruit good players/sponsors and most of all keep them there..

Do they have money to compete and be competetive in div1.

It's going to be tough for them IMO. It was only a few years ago when they had a really good president in charge (who's son plays at the club) yet some supporter decides to King hit him after a seconds game in front of their own crowd..He was trying to set standards amd take them forward. Perception is a big thing in today's footy and some things can set you back years. Credit to him his still there supporting the club, but not in any offical capacity..

It's a huge step up IMO. The problem they will encounter is attracting top end talent there, including coaching staff etc.

They had a great chance years ago when Rombotis was there but it just collapsed are a few bricks were laid.

They will need between 4-6 players coming up from 18s capable of playing regular div1 seniors and recruit another 6-8 players who have played high level metro/country footy. That's not going to be easy!! Do they have good 18 kids??

Do they have people off field with contacts and networking options? That's really important.. Recruit good players/sponsors and most of all keep them there..

Do they have money to compete and be competetive in div1.

It's going to be tough for them IMO. It was only a few years ago when they had a really good president in charge (who's son plays at the club) yet some supporter decides to King hit him after a seconds game in front of their own crowd..He was trying to set standards amd take them forward. Perception is a big thing in today's footy and some things can set you back years. Credit to him his still there supporting the club, but not in any offical capacity..

The do have some good young talent. The question is will they be able to retain them

It's wasn't a spectator that King hit the president and his son it was a Roxy 2's player who was subsequently banned for life and well deserved

I actually know the guy in question quite well... Has changed a lot but that was definitely one of his worst performances as a person

They seem to get good numbers to games decent following compared to some clubs

If they do make the jump id like to see them do well

Good footy sides are built on good structured defence and competetive midfielders. Im not totally convinced it's due to a few injuries as there playing list has some decent names, but most are forwards.
Are they fit enough??
Are there foot skills up to hitting targets in game day pressure??

As people have mentioned on here before div1 footy has improved over recent years especially the top 4-5 sides. Pretty clean footy and the ball moves pretty fast up & back compared to the past.

Thoughts???
agree turbo , they are slow lack urgency when they don't have the footy and foot skills are ordinary

The do have some good young talent. The question is will they be able to retain them

It's wasn't a spectator that King hit the president and his son it was a Roxy 2's player who was subsequently banned for life and well deserved

I actually know the guy in question quite well... Has changed a lot but that was definitely one of his worst performances as a person

They seem to get good numbers to games decent following compared to some clubs

If they do make the jump id like to see them do well
which president was that and who was the player in question?

Few years ago now... Incident is dead and buried pretty sure the cops were involved plus the offender is a bit of a mate of mine and even though he doesn't play at all anymore id rather not drag him into one of his lowest moments by naming him

Actually turned out to be a decent bloke once he matured got married and he some kids

Few years ago now... Incident is dead and buried pretty sure the cops were involved plus the offender is a bit of a mate of mine and even though he doesn't play at all anymore id rather not drag him into one of his lowest moments by naming him

Actually turned out to be a decent bloke once he matured got married and he some kids
was involved at roxy . don't remember the incident

For the record it wasn't a player that played that day he was a supporter hanging around some reserves players. It was 2013 from memory at KPs ground. Ferg was coaching the seniors at the time, but it had nothing to do with the senior team. The President at the time was a father of a senior player still at the club. Sure he played juniors there and is a good kid and can play a bit. He had to leave the pre game warm up to go over there to see what was happening.. I've played and seen a lot of footy and can honestly say this incident can set you back years..
Anyway agree let's leave it be as it was about 4 years ago but my point is clubs need more off field people rather than 1 guy trying to push things forward, and no one behind him when push comes to shove.
I think some sh@& is tolerated because of the mentality of clubs BUT you must draw a line in the stand and say enough is enough we must rid out the bad people and push forward. Clubs must be family focussed and have good culture to get supporters, sponsors and players to come to your club. It's pretty simple really.. Some things just can't be undone and can take years or a decade to get back on track..

Thoughts??
would need to find 50k to be competitive

would need to find 50k to mix it up there

50k more like an "extra" 80-100k mate if they want to be around the 4. Can you find this $$ out that way with neighbouring clubs close by. I'm sure with Craigieburn maybe coming into premier next year they will be sourcing more sponsors out your way as well as they will also need to find an extra 50-70k..

Problem now is salary cap coming in plus this points system. Plus a football manager to manage the points and recruiting. It's full on..

What's happening out at Sewell Res boys. The difference in scoring shots over past rounds against Glenroy is huge. They can't make finals now with only 3 wins thus far. Could the Nth Saints get them this week on their home ground in the what is expected to be a wet weekend. Will the coach survive the season, as some talk going around they lose this week he could be gone and they start a minor rebuild. My mail tells me they expected to win last week but really were outclassed from all reports. Whitnall to fill in for the remainder of the season and they start early on trying to get a new person at the helm.. Interesting times out there as hearing the commitee are extremely disapointed, as they expected to play finals this year.

Now you know I like the folk out at Glenroy but where is my good friend the AussieOne.. Has he deserted them as well?

Now Turbo, as you I am a Pacco Boy. Not sure if you came from another club or been at Pacco all your life, however let me stress something very clear to you. I have signed onto this forum for one reason and one reason only. You talk absolute garbage. In fact I hope you are not one of my very close friends at Pacco as that would really disappoint me. Yes my brother Ross and his team Glenroy are struggling, but with a host of injuries to key players, it really makes the job hard. Now if you remember when Pacco were in B grade the year we won the flag, if you were their, we had so many injuries that we lost to North Coburg saints at home as well as West Coburg. Got all our keys back and won the flag in a canter. Now do you know for a fact he has lost the players, do you know 100% sure that if North Coburg beat them this week he will be given the boot. I highly doubt it. I believe you make stuff up. I read this forum all the time and quite frankly you are an embarrassment to Pacco. Now as a life member of the club and very well known at Pascoe Vale I hope you do say hello on Saturday when we play Greenvale. Cheers and go the mighty Panthers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now Turbo, as you I am a Pacco Boy. Not sure if you came from another club or been at Pacco all your life, however let me stress something very clear to you. I have signed onto this forum for one reason and one reason only. You talk absolute garbage. In fact I hope you are not one of my very close friends at Pacco as that would really disappoint me. Yes my brother Ross and his team Glenroy are struggling, but with a host of injuries to key players, it really makes the job hard. Now if you remember when Pacco were in B grade the year we won the flag, if you were their, we had so many injuries that we lost to North Coburg saints at home as well as West Coburg. Got all our keys back and won the flag in a canter. Now do you know for a fact he has lost the players, do you know 100% sure that if North Coburg beat them this week he will be given the boot. I highly doubt it. I believe you make stuff up. I read this forum all the time and quite frankly you are an embarrassment to Pacco. Now as a life member of the club and very well known at Pascoe Vale I hope you do say hello on Saturday when we play Greenvale. Cheers and go the mighty Panthers!

Finally I get a reply from someone inside the walls at Sewell reserve. However you probably need to read my post in more detail.
- where did I say he lost the players?
- no I'm not 100% sure he would lose his job should they get beat this week, but certain people are getting restless down there. Why are you concerned surely you won't lose!!!

1/ Now what we both know is Glenroy's expectation was pretty high before the season, after signing a few named recruits. If you ask them they would tell you they expected to be top 4 with the playing list and new coaching group. The club worked hard and increased there playing budget.

2/ Agree they have been hit hard by some injuries but so have other clubs like OP, HS, Tulla, West etc. However I will say Glenroy maybe have a couple more than those clubs. Dulic suspended has also hurt them. But still think the results are hurting them.
Wouldn't you expect a forward line of Winter, Flavel etc to kick a winning score???

Now on Pacco. Always happy to have a chat to you or anyone else when I'm down there, but dont get down there much these days. I'm not a true born & bred Pacco boy like you by the sounds of it. Lol Not sure why your pointing that out though unless you believe people should be loyal and stay at 1 club and do the right thing? If that's how you feel, good on you as I'm as loyal as they come. That's why we get along well.. Haha

PS: I'm not sure i speak garbage either, but I guess I can't give away to much inside information. Big Footy is about people opinions on footy and as long as you keep it above board I don't see what the problem is.. Plus as I've stated before, a lot of people on here just react but rarely are proactive and provide any information on clubs, games etc..

Go Pacco / Go Roy's / Go Albion Cats / Go Resa / Go Port Douglas Crocs / Go Yarra Pigeons..

I popped into highgate reserve over the weekend to see how Oak Park would go against Craigieburn after seeing on here that there could be a possible upset being a bigger ground and with the wet conditions with OP's outside runners... It was a good hard tough contest up until half time then CB run away with it... To strong and movement was silky smooth in wet conditions.. Is the test this week away against Hillside?? Or will CB be far to strong and win easily?
My tips are

TL 75
CB 90
ROYS 12
WM 20

Looked like a tight contest up at Highgate on the weekend who or what was the turning point in the game? midfield battle would have been brilliant to watch

2nd half centre clearances and delivery to the forwards was top class... J.Young and his left foot B.O.G by a mile with Page dominating in the ruck... Piggott and Fynch closed down OPs forwards very well

Looked like a tight contest up at Highgate on the weekend who or what was the turning point in the game? midfield battle would have been brilliant to watch
Was a really good contest in the first half with oak park taking it right up the the eagles. Probably should of been in front at half time but it really was the midfield that took over in the second half led by big Page, Young, Davies, Gordon. Tough day for the big forwards in those wet conditions but they still had an impact. Fynch down back was outstanding. Some good games this week

Was a really good contest in the first half with oak park taking it right up the the eagles. Probably should of been in front at half time but it really was the midfield that took over in the second half led by big Page, Young, Davies, Gordon. Tough day for the big forwards in those wet conditions but they still had an impact. Fynch down back was outstanding. Some good games this week
You must view the game different to me. It was OP turnovers in the second half which lead to easy goals to Craigieburn scoring more easily in 2nd half. I though the midfield battle was even throughout the whole day except for maybe the last 10 minutes of the game when young kick 2 goals to ice the game. I was impressed with the job OP's 34 I think did on Heenan as he was very inaffective. I was also surprised with how well OP's defence did. Robertson 0 goals and the clokes maybe 5-6. Wet weather might have been a factor but I thought the 3 players were outstanding all day.
What made you say that Page dominated, other then hitouts he didn't touch the ball around the ground. My opinion was the ruck contest was won by Craigieburn but only slightly. Wasn't the difference in the game. But I could have viewed it wrong.

You must view the game different to me. It was OP turnovers in the second half which lead to easy goals to Craigieburn scoring more easily in 2nd half. I though the midfield battle was even throughout the whole day except for maybe the last 10 minutes of the game when young kick 2 goals to ice the game. I was impressed with the job OP's 34 I think did on Heenan as he was very inaffective. I was also surprised with how well OP's defence did. Robertson 0 goals and the clokes maybe 5-6. Wet weather might have been a factor but I thought the 3 players were outstanding all day.
What made you say that Page dominated, other then hitouts he didn't touch the ball around the ground. My opinion was the ruck contest was won by Craigieburn but only slightly. Wasn't the difference in the game. But I could have viewed it wrong.
Spoke to Ben chapman after the game and he said page was bog so he must have watched another game as well to u
Campbell best for oak park but craigieburn just to good and a class above oak park and if was dry could have been another 100 point win

Spoke to Ben chapman after the game and he said page was bog so he must have watched another game as well to u
Campbell best for oak park but craigieburn just to good and a class above oak park and if was dry could have been another 100 point win
Fair enough. I must have viewed it different. Not sure if dry would have been 100 points. Think you going a bit far

I think it was more than turnovers that resulted in a 50 point loss. But oak park were still pretty good maybe scoreboard didnt reflect that. Agree the 3 forwards were rather quiet that just wont happen on a dry day so still a fair result id say.

Finally I get a reply from someone inside the walls at Sewell reserve. However you probably need to read my post in more detail.
- where did I say he lost the players?
- no I'm not 100% sure he would lose his job should they get beat this week, but certain people are getting restless down there. Why are you concerned surely you won't lose!!!

1/ Now what we both know is Glenroy's expectation was pretty high before the season, after signing a few named recruits. If you ask them they would tell you they expected to be top 4 with the playing list and new coaching group. The club worked hard and increased there playing budget.

2/ Agree they have been hit hard by some injuries but so have other clubs like OP, HS, Tulla, West etc. However I will say Glenroy maybe have a couple more than those clubs. Dulic suspended has also hurt them. But still think the results are hurting them.
Wouldn't you expect a forward line of Winter, Flavel etc to kick a winning score???

Now on Pacco. Always happy to have a chat to you or anyone else when I'm down there, but dont get down there much these days. I'm not a true born & bred Pacco boy like you by the sounds of it. Lol Not sure why your pointing that out though unless you believe people should be loyal and stay at 1 club and do the right thing? If that's how you feel, good on you as I'm as loyal as they come. That's why we get along well.. Haha

PS: I'm not sure i speak garbage either, but I guess I can't give away to much inside information. Big Footy is about people opinions on footy and as long as you keep it above board I don't see what the problem is.. Plus as I've stated before, a lot of people on here just react but rarely are proactive and provide any information on clubs, games etc..

Go Pacco / Go Roy's / Go Albion Cats / Go Resa / Go Port Douglas Crocs / Go Yarra Pigeons..
I'm not sure where you got the info that I'm in the walls at Sewell reserve as I haven't been in the club rooms for well over 10 years and have watched 1 Glenroy game this year. The night game. I'm either watching Carlton or Pacco. Talking to some Glenroy people I know, they seem to be disappointed where they are at, but it's because of circumstances beyond their control. (Injuries). I also speak to people from other clubs in regards to how things are tracking. The only connection I have to Glenroy is my brother is the coach. And when we get together we rarely talk about how Its all going. In regards to loyalty and being a one club player/supporter/person, we are a dying breed. But that's another topic. I would give him time to build up the team before we talk and write about sackings. He has been in the job for 5 minutes and he knows exactly what he needs to succeed. Anyway cheers!

I too caught the C v OP game. I was also impressed with Page from a football's purist perspective. At one stage he (Page) was contesting with an OP smaller player - ball was on ground OP player had front position. Page realized he would be second to ball so threw himself forward to slide in and punched ball 20 metres C way. Then he jumped up and sprinted to next contest. It's great to see special things on the footy field particularly at the local footy.

I too caught the C v OP game. I was also impressed with Page from a football's purist perspective. At one stage he (Page) was contesting with an OP smaller player - ball was on ground OP player had front position. Page realized he would be second to ball so threw himself forward to slide in and punched ball 20 metres C way. Then he jumped up and sprinted to next contest. It's great to see special things on the footy field particularly at the local footy.
He'd want to do more than that for $1700 a game playing B Grade footy

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back