EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Cburn were brilliant. I went as a neutral onlooker. Stood in front of those water tanks at the clubroom end. What i saw today they r a better side than DS in this div last year. HS had a great first 1/4 really matched it with Cburn. After that Cburn just left them in their wake. Clean, tough, structured, skillful, disciplined and class. HS are on the right track but simply the best team won on the day and by a fair margin. It was a well contested game but the best side clearly won. One of HS guns #12 who was outstanding all day playing forward and back was badly injured with about 1 min to go in the last 1/4. He was in a terrible way and the teams called it a day at this point. Good call as the game was done. Just an incident in play no ones at fault at all. My only negative observation was a Cburn supporter yelling out too put up a screen and shoot him not really appropriate as this kid was badly injured. Even a CB player asked the supporters to refrain. Its a shame the on field professionalism shown by CBurn players hasn't rubbed off on a small minority of their supporter base. Some respect should be shown in what is a great game we all love. Polish a Turd!

I was at this game to have a look. CB way to strong and ran well out of defence by quick ball movement and hitting targets. Thought early on it might be a good contest but CB just to many good players and class all over the field. They should win the premiership by plenty but let's keep this in perspective that they are spending probably 2 or 3 times more than other clubs so they should win it. However I don't begrudge sides who have the $ to spend.

I must say I was disappointed in the behaviour of a small minority of the CB crowd when the young player was injured right near the end. As stated the incident was accidental but there was a concern for his well being. Great to hear a CB senior player tell another player to tell the supporters to pull their head in and give the player some respect. His only 19.
I got to watch some of the reserves game and during the 3rd quarter a CB player had a shot at goal and it brushed the post padding and was signalled a point by the volunteer HS umpire who was only 15 years old ( no offical goal umpires supplied for some reason) and the abuse he copped from the 8-10 adults including women where nothing short of disgraceful. Then they abused the water girl who came over and she was only about 14. I could see the HS crowd was none to happy with the treatment however were refrained enough to avoid what could have been an ugly incident. The HS president was there as well. Some of the CB forwards actually went over to the goal umpire and said good decision as it did brush the post and the field umpire also went over to the kid and gave him some support. I'm not sure why people including women act in this way and feel the need to abuse & swear at young kids when they were not in the correct position to see it anyhow.

The president of CB came over and stood a few metres away and the abuse seem to stop but he didn't talk to the group.
Even the CB senior players who were standing outside the change rooms appeared none to happy with hearing all this.

The senior game was played in good spirits however it appears the club just can't seem to control people from wrecking an afternoon at the footy. To hear this type of behaviour in vicinity of young children was an utter disgrace.

Now I'm sure some people will reply to my post but if you do that only tells me that you tolerate this type of stuff. I'm happy not to ever post on this div1 thread again if this is the last thing I write. I'm just disgusted and can only wonder what goes on at other games during the year. The club needs to be strong and get rid of these people improve there image.

I was at this game to have a look. CB way to strong and ran well out of defence by quick ball movement and hitting targets. Thought early on it might be a good contest but CB just to many good players and class all over the field. They should win the premiership by plenty but let's keep this in perspective that they are spending probably 2 or 3 times more than other clubs so they should win it. However I don't begrudge sides who have the $ to spend.

I must say I was disappointed in the behaviour of a small minority of the CB crowd when the young player was injured right near the end. As stated the incident was accidental but there was a concern for his well being. Great to hear a CB senior player tell another player to tell the supporters to pull their head in and give the player some respect. His only 19.
I got to watch some of the reserves game and during the 3rd quarter a CB player had a shot at goal and it brushed the post padding and was signalled a point by the volunteer HS umpire who was only 15 years old ( no offical goal umpires supplied for some reason) and the abuse he copped from the 8-10 adults including women where nothing short of disgraceful. Then they abused the water girl who came over and she was only about 14. I could see the HS crowd was none to happy with the treatment however were refrained enough to avoid what could have been an ugly incident. The HS president was there as well. Some of the CB forwards actually went over to the goal umpire and said good decision as it did brush the post and the field umpire also went over to the kid and gave him some support. I'm not sure why people including women act in this way and feel the need to abuse & swear at young kids when they were not in the correct position to see it anyhow.

The president of CB came over and stood a few metres away and the abuse seem to stop but he didn't talk to the group.
Even the CB senior players who were standing outside the change rooms appeared none to happy with hearing all this.

The senior game was played in good spirits however it appears the club just can't seem to control people from wrecking an afternoon at the footy. To hear this type of behaviour in vicinity of young children was an utter disgrace.

Now I'm sure some people will reply to my post but if you do that only tells me that you tolerate this type of stuff. I'm happy not to ever post on this div1 thread again if this is the last thing I write. I'm just disgusted and can only wonder what goes on at other games during the year. The club needs to be strong and get rid of these people improve there image.

Turbo.... Buddy no wonder why people dislike you on this page... You talk absolute rubbish... I was also at the ground as a mutual spectator to see a great game of football..
I also saw this incident you speak of about the point that was given.. I had a very clear view of it and it missed the post by a good 4 inches all the Craigieburn players went up celebrating the goal then a HS player said to the young kid goal umpire "it hit the post it hit the post" then he gave the point... Also there was talk that at the other end of the ground CB had kicked a goal and a HS player punched the ball from behind the line which was also given a goal... Not one CB forward walked up to the goal umpire and said good call...
Yes there were some very upset supporters which isn't a good look at all I agree there.... but when a ball doesn't hit the post and is given a point because a player told him to do so there are sometimes going to be upset supporters....
So yes turbo please don't post anything on this thread anymore stay on your premier division thread and dribble your rubbish on there
Thank you :) and bye bye

Also on the topic there should be proper umpires for all games it is what players pay for isn't it??

Also on the topic there should be proper umpires for all games it is what players pay for isn't it??

Mate the league is seriously struggling for umpires. I know my young bloke thought about it and decided against it because of the abuse. Example of the struggling would be a recent U16 game between Abers and Keilor. Which saw a tightly contested game turn sour when the umpire (a Keilor U18 player) decided the result himself. Normally you would argue that appointment shouldn't happen, but then you've got to accept what you get each week and move on. If people keep abusing them, then we'll end up with what we had 20 years ago. A volunteer from each club umpiring he reserves games.

Mate the league is seriously struggling for umpires. I know my young bloke thought about it and decided against it because of the abuse. Example of the struggling would be a recent U16 game between Abers and Keilor. Which saw a tightly contested game turn sour when the umpire (a Keilor U18 player) decided the result himself. Normally you would argue that appointment shouldn't happen, but then you've got to accept what you get each week and move on. If people keep abusing them, then we'll end up with what we had 20 years ago. A volunteer from each club umpiring he reserves games.

Cant deny this GETINTHEBOWL, having done cricket umpiring for a long time I have floated the idea of some football officiating to actual get the full gammet of local footy before I step away, but the abuse is probably the one thing holding me back so could only imagine how young people feel.

I've said it for a long time, players and coaches make far more blue's than an umpire does across 4 qtr.'s and continually blame the Umps for that decision in the dying moments is weak ..... especially after having 4 qtrs. and 300 plus disposal opportunities to get the job done.

Hey Mate, agree with you here. We should be encouraging young umpires. In this case a young volunteer goal umpire doing a reserves match copped so much abuse it was disgusting. I have never seen a worse case and it was coming from adults with the women being really bad. I can only guess they don't have kids, and can only imagine what they say to young offical umpires or opposition players in junior games. It only stopped when opposition supporters told them to pull their heads in and there president came over. I'm also led to believe a league offical was close by and witnessed the incident so hopefully the league do something as its totally unacceptable..

Hey Mate, agree with you here. We should be encouraging young umpires. In this case a young volunteer goal umpire doing a reserves match copped so much abuse it was disgusting. I have never seen a worse case and it was coming from adults with the women being really bad. I can only guess they don't have kids, and can only imagine what they say to young offical umpires or opposition players in junior games. It only stopped when opposition supporters told them to pull their heads in and there president came over. I'm also led to believe a league offical was close by and witnessed the incident so hopefully the league do something as its totally unacceptable..
Give it a spell turbo your continued slagging of CB is getting tiresome another poster said it wasn't half as bad as you are suggesting, ease up on the mayo

PS didn't you say you were leaving DIV 1 thread

All you do on here is slag off Craigieburn buddy... Give it a spell stay on your div1 thread will ya... As I said he only gave it a goal after a reserves player said it hit the post.... I was directly behind the goals at the time and there was 4-6 inches between the ball and post

Give it a spell turbo your continued slagging of CB is getting tiresome another poster said it wasn't half as bad as you are suggesting, ease up on the mayo

PS didn't you say you were leaving DIV 1 thread

Your correct it wasn't as bad as what this dribbler turbo is talking about
Yes they were unhappy at the decision and called him a little cheat after the fact he was going to give it a goal until a reserves HS player said "say it hit the post it's a point" as he went to get the ball

Pretty obvious everyone's had enough of your stirring, so maybe time to back off and focus on Pacco and Hillside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty obvious everyone's had enough of your stirring, so maybe time to back off and focus on Pacco and Hillside.

Just providing a report on the game on field & off field.
Happy to leave it be as I'm sure I've made my point but it was all 100% correct.
What's the difference between my posts and when people where having a go at a certain Glenroy captain a few weeks back..

Collywobbles -
1/ if you were behind the goals you must have been wearing gumboots as behind those goals were puddles of water. I didn't see anyone behind those goals.
2/ goal umpire made his decision immediately
3/ there was a dirt mark from the ball on the padding.
4/ the main field umpire agreed with the decision and was only 10mts away as the ball was rolling towards goal.
5/ the supporters I'm referring to were about 5 metres around from the point post so had no real clear vision of the point yet still wanted to argue the point.

Now buddy, were you standing behind the goals during the 2nd qrt of the reserves? Want to comment on anything??

The young goal umpire actually showed a lot courageous in his decision and wasn't intimidated as there was other things being said from this group towards a particular HS player playing his first game back after a seroius facial injury. Another courageous act IMO.

BillyBlogs- you weren't there and have no idea on what occurred but I guess you support this stuff. Good on ya!! Real footy fan.. No wonder Tulla struggle with juniors if this is your thoughts on the game.
I'm not alone in my thoughts but unlike you, I'm not scared to post my thoughts.

Mel - Ask the Cloke brothers if they copped any abuse from over the fence. They will tell you no they didn't. Big boys who seem to play the game in the right spirit as did all the senior players.
CB is a very good side and there defensive pressure is excellent. HS had issues breaking out of defense.

Can I ask you if the CB side of 2016 is better than the side of 2015?

I will leave it alone now but had to correct some comments from others and give the readers facts.

See ya guys!! All the best...

Happy to leave it be as I'm sure I've made my point but it was all 100% correct.
What's the difference between my posts and when people where having a go at a certain Glenroy captain a few weeks back..

The difference is, you've spent two years bagging anything and everything about Craigieburn to the point where the only person who believes anything you say is, well, you.

Most likely, but for mine it's the clear lack of another side to compete against them which will prove the difference in 2016. Said it before and I'll say it again, only Craigieburn can lose this years Premiership and that is in no way being disrespectful to the other sides who will be hoping complacency creeps into the Eagles minds come finals time.

Collywobbles -
1/ if you were behind the goals you must have been wearing gumboots as behind those goals were puddles of water. I didn't see anyone behind those goals.
4/ the main field umpire agreed with the decision and was only 10mts away as the ball was rolling towards goal.
5/ the supporters I'm referring to were about 5 metres around from the point post so had no real clear vision of the point yet still wanted to argue the point.

Now buddy, were you standing behind the goals during the 2nd qrt of the reserves? Want to comment on anything??

The young goal umpire actually showed a lot courageous in his decision and wasn't intimidated as there was other things being said from this group towards a particular HS player playing his first game back after a seroius facial injury. Another courageous act IMO.

BillyBlogs- you weren't there and have no idea on what occurred but I guess you support this stuff. Good on ya!! Real footy fan.. No wonder Tulla struggle with juniors if this is your thoughts on the game.
I'm not alone in my thoughts but unlike you, I'm not scared to post my thoughts.

Mel - Ask the Cloke brothers if they copped any abuse from over the fence. They will tell you no they didn't. Big boys who seem to play the game in the right spirit as did all the senior players.
CB is a very good side and there defensive pressure is excellent. HS had issues breaking out of defense.

I will leave it alone now but had to correct some comments from others and give the readers facts.

Craigieburn r a 8 goal better side have picked up 4 very good players and our kids r getting better

Collywobbles -

Turbos mail
1/ Yes I was directly behind the goals doesn't mean I was actually standing in the puddle, I was standing behind the chair which is directly behind the goals...

2/ goal umpire made a decision based on a players opinion.. And I was also informed he made a very dodgy call at the other end of the ground also.... But won't get into that...

3/ that dirt mark you speak of was there the whole time... If you took any notice that ball would of had to have hit the pad at some speed and impact to cause such a scuff mark
The ball dribbled and bounced over the line the mark itself was half a foot from the ground. The so called ball that hit the post went through at a good 2-3 feet

4/ the field umpire asked the kid if it was a point and did infact hit the post

5/ dos you think that maybe the crowd reacted in that way because they all seem the players celebrating the goal that was given a behind them the players arguing that it didn't hit the post!

2nd quarter or reserves?! Are you talking about the melee that accoured?
What would you like me to say about it Turbo? I did see what started it.....

I'm led to believe the player that had things said to him infact may have got a CB player suspended for 10 matches
Apparently the work going around is that HS completely lied about what accoured to this player thus leading to the CB player being suspended for 10 weeks

Anything else you'd like to know TURBO!!!!

Turbo.... Buddy no wonder why people dislike you on this page... You talk absolute rubbish... I was also at the ground as a mutual spectator to see a great game of football..
I also saw this incident you speak of about the point that was given.. I had a very clear view of it and it missed the post by a good 4 inches all the Craigieburn players went up celebrating the goal then a HS player said to the young kid goal umpire "it hit the post it hit the post" then he gave the point... Also there was talk that at the other end of the ground CB had kicked a goal and a HS player punched the ball from behind the line which was also given a goal... Not one CB forward walked up to the goal umpire and said good call...
Yes there were some very upset supporters which isn't a good look at all I agree there.... but when a ball doesn't hit the post and is given a point because a player told him to do so there are sometimes going to be upset supporters....
So yes turbo please don't post anything on this thread anymore stay on your premier division thread and dribble your rubbish on there
Thank you :) and bye bye
Your an idiot mate, I was on the field in the goal square. It hit the post. I love my footy hard but fair, that kid is an honest young fella, he would never lie or cheat. If it missed I would have said so myself. Turbo your version was spot on and I agree

Taylors LakesVictorian Amateur Football Association (VAFA)Tiller, CalebPending2016-06-26

Heading to Uni blues I believe. Offered a good deal but would be one of Taylors Lakes best players so disapointing for them. Believe he wasn't happy with things going on at the club and decided to pull the pin..

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back