EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Irrigation works being done on the top oval at Mutton Reserve so not sure how the lower oval will handle all games being played on it.

First time poster long time watcher !!! If this is true then the EDFL are kidding them selves. I was at the game on Saturday and seen Cloke come off for the blood rule. The umpire followed Cloke all the way to the bench and out of anger swore at himself. The umpire has now made a hero of himself so he can hang out with his buddies at a star wars convention whilst drinking a shandy with extra lemonade and boost about the time he reported Cloke.

What a joke cloke gets a week for swearing never been reported in he's life but if u King hit someone and have a record u only get three the edfl r kidding themselves

Hey Little fella, talking about tribunal results, what do you think about 1 week suspension for a kneeing charge? Seems a bit low don't you think?

What a joke cloke gets a week for swearing never been reported in he's life but if u King hit someone and have a record u only get three the edfl r kidding themselves
Mate been saying for three years now the EDFL is a sad joke this just confirms it.Should have been a hell of alot more reported for swearing and with a free kick count of 38/8 against Craigieburn I was swearing too.

Mate been saying for three years now the EDFL is a sad joke this just confirms it.Should have been a hell of alot more reported for swearing and with a free kick count of 38/8 against Craigieburn I was swearing too.
Read the rule book people.. It actually says swearing on field is a reportable offence even if a player swears at themselves...... F*#king ridiculous I say!!

Why pick one player but others who said a lot worse nothing report all or report none that's all I am saying.
If you reported and sent off every player that swore on a footy field how many players would be left on the field? This is an outrage! Clokes fustration came at the fact that yet AGAIN he had been punched in the head on the football field! It is getting out of hand and something needs to be done about this. Can i ask if anything happened to that particular player that punched him? Nope, just Cam for swearing in anger about the situation. Another saturday night spent for him in the emergency room to im told. Absolute disgrace!!!!!!!!

If you reported and sent off every player that swore on a footy field how many players would be left on the field? This is an outrage! Clokes fustration came at the fact that yet AGAIN he had been punched in the head on the football field! It is getting out of hand and something needs to be done about this. Can i ask if anything happened to that particular player that punched him? Nope, just Cam for swearing in anger about the situation. Another saturday night spent for him in the emergency room to im told. Absolute disgrace!!!!!!!!
The world (EDFL) has gone mad folks

Thats at least 3 out of 12 rounds where some thug has hit him sending him to hospital post game.What does it take for the EDFL to do something.

Thats at least 3 out of 12 rounds where some thug has hit him sending him to hospital post game.What does it take for the EDFL to do something.

I know we don't often agree on most things Oldman, but that's just not on. From what I know from people and seen myself a couple of times, the Cloke boys just play footy and seem to enjoy the lower level of div1 and often will have a friendly chat to opposition players. I seen him against Hillside having a chat to some players. I think that's great.
Also hear there are times when they could clean up opposition players but will refrain from doing possible damage. Once again I think that's great.
Having these players in our league is great advertisement for our league. It's a good league however there are still some unsavoury acts occurring as you well know. We need to stamp these out and the league and CLUBS need to step up and make some courageous decisions on players and supporters.

But on the flip side without knowing the full details, swearing is taken seriously by the league as they are trying to clean up our league and encourage families. You also need to consider how the umpires were being treated during the game by the crowd or coaches as this could also have a bearing on how they deal with things. The saying "you make your bed, your ly in it"
But I wasn't there to comment just telling you how things usually work out. I'm sure you agree with my sentiments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we don't often agree on most things Oldman, but that's just not on. From what I know from people and seen myself a couple of times, the Cloke boys just play footy and seem to enjoy the lower level of div1 and often will have a friendly chat to opposition players. I seen him against Hillside having a chat to some players. I think that's great.
Also hear there are times when they could clean up opposition players but will refrain from doing possible damage. Once again I think that's great.
Having these players in our league is great advertisement for our league. It's a good league however there are still some unsavoury acts occurring as you well know. We need to stamp these out and the league and CLUBS need to step up and make some courageous decisions on players and supporters.

But on the flip side without knowing the full details, swearing is taken seriously by the league as they are trying to clean up our league and encourage families. You also need to consider how the umpires were being treated during the game by the crowd or coaches as this could also have a bearing on how they deal with things. The saying "you make your bed, your ly in it"
But I wasn't there to comment just telling you how things usually work out. I'm sure you agree with my sentiments.

i will agree on what your saying,I saw what happened on Saturday I saw Cam leaving the ground with blood streaming from a cut inside his mouth all he said was to himself this is F&*%en BullS%$# referring to being belted again and thats why he was reported.If had abused the umpire fair enough this same umpire tried all day to even the game hence the Free kick count of 38/8 and I took the free kick count.

i will agree on what your saying,I saw what happened on Saturday I saw Cam leaving the ground with blood streaming from a cut inside his mouth all he said was to himself this is F&*%en BullS%$# referring to being belted again and thats why he was reported.If had abused the umpire fair enough this same umpire tried all day to even the game hence the Free kick count of 38/8 and I took the free kick count.
Why did the umpire follow him to the bench thats not the norm and sorry how nanny has it become when swearing at thin air is offensive ffs ive heard worse and siad worse from behind the fence

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

If they r going to report every player for swearing now clubs might not have enough players to fill sides I have seen on four occasions this year a umpire pay a 50 meter penalty for swearing no card no report I think the big thing is that the big fella has never been reported in he's whole career and gets a week for swearing it's a joke

Ok well that's ordinary then.

It does get on my nerves when big name players like the Clokes, cop cheap shots. I'm guessing it wasn't to his face as his a big unit and can look after himself.

So if it gets your back up, like mine, you must then respect clubs like Hillside who play footy the right way.

If they r going to report every player for swearing now clubs might not have enough players to fill sides I have seen on four occasions this year a umpire pay a 50 meter penalty for swearing no card no report I think the big thing is that the big fella has never been reported in he's whole career and gets a week for swearing it's a joke

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with you in that a 50mt penalty is a sufficient penalty for swearing unless the said player continues to swear during the course of the game. I guess a side like CB can afford to give away plenty of 50mt penalties and still win by 10-15goals. Lol

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with you in that a 50mt penalty is a sufficient penalty for swearing unless the said player continues to swear during the course of the game. I guess a side like CB can afford to give away plenty of 50mt penalties and still win by 10-15goals. Lol
U sound like u r coming out of the closet that your a crazyburn man

A week for swearing?!?! Your kidding!! We may as well put on skirts & call it netball!! This WAS a mans game last time I looked!! The umpire needs to get back to umpiring under 10's the moron!! These blokes are going hard at it for 4qtrs & surely get frustrated & swear at themselves!! ABSOLUTE JOKE!!!

Wasn't there but one of my biggest pet peeves in football whether it be AFL or local is people carrying on about how free kick counts should be even. Free kicks should be payed if they are there whether the count is 100 to 1 or 20 to 20, in no way should the count be even just for the sake of it being similar.

Wasn't there but one of my biggest pet peeves in football whether it be AFL or local is people carrying on about how free kick counts should be even. Free kicks should be payed if they are there whether the count is 100 to 1 or 20 to 20, in no way should the count be even just for the sake of it being similar.

Correct if its there pay it , but do not give free kicks just to even the game up yet miss blatant frees because of the team.

A week for swearing?!?! Your kidding!! We may as well put on skirts & call it netball!! This WAS a mans game last time I looked!! The umpire needs to get back to umpiring under 10's the moron!! These blokes are going hard at it for 4qtrs & surely get frustrated & swear at themselves!! ABSOLUTE JOKE!!!
Look on the bright side , saves the club $2000

Will Tulla fancy themselves against CB with 1 Cloke out. If Tulla are a serious contender they should do well as Cloke being out is a huge difference to their structure.
BillyBlogs are you still around??

Will Tulla fancy themselves against CB with 1 Cloke out. If Tulla are a serious contender they should do well as Cloke being out is a huge difference to their structure.
BillyBlogs are you still around??
Add Young and Kite as well. 3 real guns you cant replace. Know shaggs Bennett and benny fynch were missing last week too. 2 key backs. Id say tulla will really fancy there chances. Be an interesting game.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back