EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam Cloke to jacana confirmed . Jason Cloke set to have the year off from footy due to family commitments . Expect to see at least another 8 depart over the next week to broadfoard Jacana and wallan garrett heenan retired corozou retired . Paige an bongetti to follow Bugden that's at least 12 players . They have no coach they averaged 36 points this year in player points a good budget to work with if they kept there coach and most of there side there points would drop again giving them plenty of room to recruit . But it hasn't happened and the writing is on the wall that what should of been a successful promotion to premier could fast become a disaster . the president who is also the secutary treasure and football manager at the moment and doesn't seem to want any help needs to realise the club is bigger than the individual .
Could not agree more how sad is this history repeating itself???

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Let's all hope that players do commit back to westmeadows but looking from the outside in, there is a lot of current 2016 players who don't get along with those in charge. I have heard that there is already 9 from this years seniors side who have looked elsewhere, + roughly 4 or 5 reserve players looking to go back to airport west. Will be very interesting to see what comes of this.

Craigieburn will be the yoyo next season, will get smashed with everyone leaving. If not going to jacana, many are going to Wallan to play under Nolan.

Any news coming out of Tullamarine with the league requesting them to find an U18s side for 2017?

Thoughts of league bnf coming up?

Club in absolute dissaray almost worth going to comp and asking to stay in b grade will lose every game by 250plus. Cant have no coach players or strategy and looking to appoint in October.

Really poorly handled

People running the show up there need to have a good look at themselves , were odds on to go Upto premier from a long way out so surely someone needed to have an eye for next year !

Club in absolute dissaray almost worth going to comp and asking to stay in b grade will lose every game by 250plus. Cant have no coach players or strategy and looking to appoint in October.

Really poorly handled

Absolute terrible post. One part of it is true and that's that the situation was poorly handled.

100% they will stay up in premier div. A budget of 350k plus means they will have plenty to splash around. The situation is far from ideal but that is absolute rubbish that they will get beat by 250+ every week... Please.

Guys go easy with your comments, for some of us watching 3 years of hard work unravel at this alarming pace is frustrating enough.
The story behind what has happened to get to this point, should never have happened and in time all will be revealed.

I think you will find its at least 4 as it happened this year. 4 went from one club to another.
Nope it's only 2 that are automatically cleared. Then the club can deny any player after that without a valid reason. So craigieburn can deny anyone they want after say Cloke and mall are cleared. Jacana will need to be nice Craigieburn if they are hoping to get 5-6 players across

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys go easy with your comments, for some of us watching 3 years of hard work unravel at this alarming pace is frustrating enough.
The story behind what has happened to get to this point, should never have happened and in time all will be revealed.

Just quietly one of the people involved in the 3 years of 'hard work' is one of those doing the unravelling...

Absolute terrible post. One part of it is true and that's that the situation was poorly handled.

100% they will stay up in premier div. A budget of 350k plus means they will have plenty to splash around. The situation is far from ideal but that is absolute rubbish that they will get beat by 250+ every week... Please.
Salary cap might pull you up on the 350K old mate. All new imports they will have 80 points per week. Now thats good management

Salary cap might pull you up on the 350K old mate. All new imports they will have 80 points per week. Now thats good management

Thats all fine, so whatever the salary cap is next year Craigieburn would be maxing. Thats all relevant to whatever every other club is spending and if they are maxing on the salary cap too. Its obviously all about managing points, but its not like Cam Cloke is a one pointer..

Thats all fine, so whatever the salary cap is next year Craigieburn would be maxing. Thats all relevant to whatever every other club is spending and if they are maxing on the salary cap too. Its obviously all about managing points, but its not like Cam Cloke is a one pointer..
In 2017 he would have been maybe 2 or 3. Been there 2 years. The league gave clubs benefit of reducing player points by 2 for 1 year of service doesn't matter now i guess

Last edited by a moderator:
Just quietly one of the people involved in the 3 years of 'hard work' is one of those doing the unravelling...
Yes and if things had been done properly this would not be happening,but the mess that has resulted of cause people will bail out and if a player of Cams quality was available your clubs would all sign him.

Where and when did you hear this was confirmed turbo???
I know for a fact he hasn't put pen to paper at all.... So you are absolutely completing wrong on this!!!!
Pretty sure I would know anything on this matter a long time before you sir

Hey Collywobbles, I'm hearing the boys at Jacana don't want to let it all out at once. But it's over the line mate. You seem to refute all my mail. Budgen, Cloke, Young etc. I told you guys ages ago.. So far my mail as been accurate so hope you give me some acknowledgement!! Lol

As for someone on here mentioning a figure of 1200. Cmon that's a guess and not correct, but he is playing for less money than his previous 2 years. So I'm not sure his driven by the $$ but maybe I agree it's to play with mates and get a struggling club up the ladder.

Why are Craigieburn in a mess! It always seems to be the case when they step up to play with the big boys. People often bag players saying they like to be a big fish in a small bowl, however can this also be said about CB as a club. Do they like the "easy" standard and don't want the extra work of competing at the higher level. If true it's very disappointing as with a new club (or 2) on the plans for out that way CB might be in bigger trouble in a few years.. Hope I'm wrong as the area needs and should have a good community football club with strong numbers.

Yes I know I will cop it again from the CB faithful but am I being honest & upfront with my "question" or will CB pull a rabbit out of a hat..

Why are Craigieburn in a mess! It always seems to be the case when they step up to play with the big boys. People often bag players saying they like to be a big fish in a small bowl, however can this also be said about CB as a club. Do they like the "easy" standard and don't want the extra work of competing at the higher level. If true it's very disappointing as with a new club (or 2) on the plans for out that way CB might be in bigger trouble in a few years.. Hope I'm wrong as the area needs and should have a good community football club with strong numbers.

Yes I know I will cop it again from the CB faithful but am I being honest & upfront with my "question" or will CB pull a rabbit out of a hat..
Hey turbo, can acknowledge your point of view, and yes, while this is disappointing, you have to look at it from a players perspective. Many said that Craigieburn had to add 9-10 players to their 2016 side to even be competitive in Premier division. While I dont buy into this nonsense, to be successful, which most players would like to be, they probably did need to recruit 9-10. That means that 9-10 players from the 2016 side would be playing reserves next year. Can you blame the fringe players/ smaller fish, for looking for another club?

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back