EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles northern game went as expected, despite several outs for eagles. Have to say i was really impressed with saints committee the crowd was the smallest ive seen this year but really passionate right to the end. They had one clown carrying on trying to encite violence and threatening eagles players and he was told to shut up by ten saints supporters and president. Despite result you can see club is in good hands loved the passion

Yeah great hands as they slip back down division after division!

TM for me are the only challenger to CB. They beat Oak Park yesterday with 15 walk up senior players out, they are certainties when finals come around. Isn't that right Billy ?

Speaking with the TM assistant coach 2 weeks ago at the CB game and was told only 6 players were out now it has jumped to 15?? IMO tulla will be there abouts at finals time but will get no where near CB. Westy are CB's only threat at this stage

Hillside vs Tulla this week, what are your predictions?
hillside, nearly snuck home a win last season only losing by 3 points
Thinking they might come out breathing fire after loss to Hadfield

Speaking with the TM assistant coach 2 weeks ago at the CB game and was told only 6 players were out now it has jumped to 15?? IMO tulla will be there abouts at finals time but will get no where near CB. Westy are CB's only threat at this stage

TM may finish 2nd and WM 3rd, or vice versa don't think it really matters. I think WM regardless of 2nd or 3rd will be the main challenger as they match up better on CB. As proved late last year when they beat them by 10 goals.

1. You have a crystal ball do you?
2. You can do a better job hey?
The people running the place have cleaned up the mess and bad behaviour. They needed to start at the bottom. I'm still putting my money in because they sold to me the fact that there would be no more sh%t.
As far as I am concerned I am very happy with the place. They are doing a great job. Juniors are good, seniors are very young, but will get better with time, perhaps a couple more big bodied recruits next year.
You need to get people to want to join the club. That hasn't been the case for many years, but with change in culture it will. The footy will come, they had to change the sh%t behaviour first. Then again, judging by your pots at the club you would't understand or appreciate what the club is trying to do.

The people running the place have cleaned up the mess and bad behaviour. They needed to start at the bottom. I'm still putting my money in because they sold to me the fact that there would be no more sh%t.
As far as I am concerned I am very happy with the place. They are doing a great job. Juniors are good, seniors are very young, but will get better with time, perhaps a couple more big bodied recruits next year.
You need to get people to want to join the club. That hasn't been the case for many years, but with change in culture it will. The footy will come, they had to change the sh%t behaviour first. Then again, judging by your pots at the club you would't understand or appreciate what the club is trying to do.

They haven't cleaned the place up completely a player for them was running around like a big hero trying to wake blokes all day and when temates tried to calm the idiot up he punched 2 of his own players and grabbed on by the throat....
I was talking to folesy (Daniel Foley) after the game about the incident and he said they would be suspending him... Personally I would be kicking the goose out of the club... Never in my 24 years of footy have I ever seen anything like that before

Last edited by a moderator:

What are they trying to do go back 10 years?

Hmm ok that makes them a success then.

It depends how you define success. Despite going through a nightmare two years since promotion the club still has a full compliment of sides. Personally I reckon that's a major win and a credit to everyone involved.

If you want to judge success on your senior team, then the club has probably failed to deliver and if anything has tarnished its reputation in the league through the actions of a handful of players.

I hope they can get through the next few months without being relegated, but I'll admit it's not looking good. I maintain though that, clubs with a full compliment of sides should never be relegated.

I
TM may finish 2nd and WM 3rd, or vice versa don't think it really matters. I think WM regardless of 2nd or 3rd will be the main challenger as they match up better on CB. As proved late last year when they beat them by 10 goals.
I still believe oak park and hillside can do damage come finals, i know they both had big unexpected losses on the weekend but hawthorn lost to gws one game doesn't determine a season.

Have a dig

So you are trolling your old club on social media again o_O Does it make you feel good?

What edfl club do you follow 1061 ?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positive response

'Embrace' it and move forward. Footy always wins. Personal issues with one or two people should be kept that way IMO.

One thing I do know is that negativity is toxic and not needed at any club it creates unwanted drama and should be nipped in the bud quickly to remove the cancer.

Efdl is a top league and all clubs are very lucky to be in it. If I ever had an issue with my old club I certainly would not be posting shit on here to make the club look bad.

What was last nights tribunal verdict on the Craigieburn reserves player that was investigated for a king hit behind play a couple of weeks ago?? Nothing up on the web site as yet..
I'm flabbergasted these things still happen in today's footy and clubs tolerate it.
I was there & seen the so called incident. Hillside player ran at CB player & looked like a clash of heads. Hillside player dropped & play went on. There was definitely no King hit behind play

Hmm ok that makes them a success then.
Not successfully winning games at the moment but only having 3 players from last years list including seniors & reserves & gaining 55+ players when they were looking like folding in the off season is a success story to me. I reckon the coaching staff & comitee deserve a huge pat on the back for that

C
4 Northern players were knocked out and one was severely concussed- vomiting and barely breathing?
Ambulance attends?

Mate, you squeaky clean mob.

Glass houses
cmon mate, let's not exaggerate. There was only 1 player knocked out & 3 that stayed down for 1 min. All incidents were from fair hip & shoulders & just going in hard for the ball. It was just CB bodies were much bigger than Northerns

Have noticed you bagging the club every chance you get as well as some people that I have the utmost respect for. People that work their asses off as volunteers and those people are the reason I came back to the club because they are some of the best people I have met in my time playing footy

Yes results aren't going the way everyone would like but sometimes you need to go back to go forward

Being in premier division isn't the be all and end all....

What was last nights tribunal verdict on the Craigieburn reserves player that was investigated for a king hit behind play a couple of weeks ago?? Nothing up on the web site as yet..
I'm flabbergasted these things still happen in today's footy and clubs tolerate it.
Hopefully life ban

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back