EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Read Bigfooty from time to time but never post. On this occasion I feel I should post a response.

WFC did secure Shannon by means of employment which was organised by a sponsor of the club. We also gave him match payments, a small sign on, and bailed him out on some money he owed his previous club Deer Park, (a significant amount)
The club has bent over backwards to accommodate this bloke and have done everything and more that was promised.
After 4 games he has decided to jump ship and play down the bush so he can once again get another sign on and big money for match payments, mind you and still be In the job that WFC provided for him.
Shannon was brought to the club to work with the junior players and have his experience rub off on them, so for that we are pleased he has moved on as this experience has highlighted that we as a club would not want Shannon's character or lack thereof rubbing off on our kids.
I actually feel more sorry for our coach who "DID" have a long term friendship with, but obviously Shannon rates $$ over loyalty and long term mates.
From a club perspective this is well and truly been put to bed, our club will learn from it and continue to try and bring in quality people and develop our juniors, rather than bring in selfish individuals with no integrity or morals.
This will only jell everyone closer and make us as a club stronger!

thats really low by SB. Wouldnt be commanding that much more cash in the country surely. What are his credentials?

Hey Joey, are these names Nth Saints juniors? As I know Dion Prestia is a Greenvale junior mate. Ripper family.

I can asnwer that Turbo. Sorry Joey...

Corigliano hasn't played for the club but his old man was a mOmmba player and a NS player and now plays supers at the club. Club would love his son to play at the club. Perhaps in time. Kid is playing Coburg atm then Strtahmore. Bruno is a young kid, probably one of the best kicks Ive seen for his age, learning the caper, but club have him playing two games at the moment seniors and U18's. Hope they give him a break. His old man played for all the clubs and is still there. Played footy with him.
Prestia hasn't played at the club, think he started in the old DVFL and then moved across to Greenvale, but his old man was a player and premiership coach at Moomba park. He still is still seen at a game or two every now and then down at the club.

. Bruno is a young kid, probably one of the best kicks Ive seen for his age, learning the caper, but club have him playing two games at the moment seniors and U18's. Hope they give him a break. His old man played for all the clubs and is still there. Played footy with him.

His old man is One of the best blokes you'll ever come across

Agree on nick's kicking... Great leg

Read Bigfooty from time to time but never post. On this occasion I feel I should post a response.

WFC did secure Shannon by means of employment which was organised by a sponsor of the club. We also gave him match payments, a small sign on, and bailed him out on some money he owed his previous club Deer Park, (a significant amount)
The club has bent over backwards to accommodate this bloke and have done everything and more that was promised.
After 4 games he has decided to jump ship and play down the bush so he can once again get another sign on and big money for match payments, mind you and still be In the job that WFC provided for him.
Shannon was brought to the club to work with the junior players and have his experience rub off on them, so for that we are pleased he has moved on as this experience has highlighted that we as a club would not want Shannon's character or lack thereof rubbing off on our kids.
I actually feel more sorry for our coach who "DID" have a long term friendship with, but obviously Shannon rates $$ over loyalty and long term mates.
From a club perspective this is well and truly been put to bed, our club will learn from it and continue to try and bring in quality people and develop our juniors, rather than bring in selfish individuals with no integrity or morals.
This will only jell everyone closer and make us as a club stronger!
Should be rules to prevent this happening what are the point if contracts if players can take the money and run mid season. Clubs taking on the new player should be made to reimburse the club westy in this instance. In sure clubs would be less inclined to take contracted players if they had to pay out the contract and pay the player

Should be rules to prevent this happening what are the point if contracts if players can take the money and run mid season. Clubs taking on the new player should be made to reimburse the club westy in this instance. In sure clubs would be less inclined to take contracted players if they had to pay out the contract and pay the player
Nah, make the player cough up before they're cleared. It's the best way to prevent players jumping mid contract to get another sign on.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Clubs don't clear players under contract unless they pay back any money owing from sign ons or his new club might come to some arrangement otherwise they stand out of footy unless an appeals tribunal grants them a release.
I'm not sure about this situation as my comments are based on what rights the club has to contracted players.

I can asnwer that Turbo. Sorry Joey...

Corigliano hasn't played for the club but his old man was a mOmmba player and a NS player and now plays supers at the club. Club would love his son to play at the club. Perhaps in time. Kid is playing Coburg atm then Strtahmore. Bruno is a young kid, probably one of the best kicks Ive seen for his age, learning the caper, but club have him playing two games at the moment seniors and U18's. Hope they give him a break. His old man played for all the clubs and is still there. Played footy with him.
Prestia hasn't played at the club, think he started in the old DVFL and then moved across to Greenvale, but his old man was a player and premiership coach at Moomba park. He still is still seen at a game or two every now and then down at the club.

Thanks mate. Yeah Ossie is a ripping bloke

Big blow for the Roys. Shame he is such a good player
Think it's a little concerning where the Roy's are heading, there skipper wacking blokes doesn't show the best leadership considering he was probably lucky to get 5 from all reports, lack of competitiveness this year when last were there abouts with so many close losses, the recruitment of certain players who don't seem to be having an impact and are on the wrong side of 30....think they've taking a big step back this year from last which doesn't go well for the future..I for one thought they would improve again and push for a finals spot but think they are well away from that now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints young blokes copped a lot of injuries recently plus eligible 18's playing 1's

On the plus side might strengthen the 2's make them a bit more competitive

Something needs to be done though. If you don't have 18s you probably should be put into div2 however maybe that's to harsh. The stupid thing is there is a bye so 2 clubs juniors won't play footy. That's 40 odd kids missing a game of footy this weekend. That shouldn't happen IMO..

Do fines apply? Probably not as sides like Tulla don't have juniors so you can't fine others at least trying to keep 18s..

Something needs to be done though. If you don't have 18s you probably should be put into div2 however maybe that's to harsh. The stupid thing is there is a bye so 2 clubs juniors won't play footy. That's 40 odd kids missing a game of footy this weekend. That shouldn't happen IMO..

Do fines apply? Probably not as sides like Tulla don't have juniors so you can't fine others at least trying to keep 18s..
I would have thought a fine would apply if you enter a team and dont fill a comitted game as is the case in cricket.

Oak park 45
Hillside 50
Westy 70
Tulla 100

I know the club is gutted with not able to filed 18's turbo. They have had a tough time over the last 2 years trying to put a team in the park. A team that that only has boys committed to footy if you know what I mean. You, the league and others on here shouldn't be too quick to jump to conclusions and lambast the club for trying to clean up that element. As a result it has been on the edge of fielding a team the last 2 years. What would you have them do, invite those kids it asked to leave that could cause issues for the club, other clubs and the league. Sometimes it's a little bit more going on and the league very well know what the club are doing, and sometimes there are setbacks as a result. The kids are gutted that are missing out. They pay a heavy price for indescretions of the past. Good on the club for being strong over the course of last year or so.

I know the club is gutted with not able to filed 18's turbo. They have had a tough time over the last 2 years trying to put a team in the park. A team that that only has boys committed to footy if you know what I mean. You, the league and others on here shouldn't be too quick to jump to conclusions and lambast the club for trying to clean up that element. As a result it has been on the edge of fielding a team the last 2 years. What would you have them do, invite those kids it asked to leave that could cause issues for the club, other clubs and the league. Sometimes it's a little bit more going on and the league very well know what the club are doing, and sometimes there are setbacks as a result. The kids are gutted that are missing out. They pay a heavy price for indescretions of the past. Good on the club for being strong over the course of last year or so.
It's a tuff gig getting 18s
When you have 12/13 do pre season and your close to getting a team and other clubs have enough kids for 1.5 teams and you loose 6/8 to another club because there assured of a team then your left with 5/7 and no hope of getting a team.
That's not having a go at teams with 2 18s there providing a service just saying it's not easy, kids aren't desperate to play like once upon a time
There's not a club out there who wouldn't field a team if they could

Hey Goalside, that's a fair reply mate. I wasn't having a go at your club and it does seem to be the right move. Understand it's very tough to get and keep numbers. Just think it's not good to have 2 other clubs missing a game due to the bye.

It's a tuff gig getting 18s
When you have 12/13 do pre season and your close to getting a team and other clubs have enough kids for 1.5 teams and you loose 6/8 to another club because there assured of a team then your left with 5/7 and no hope of getting a team.
That's not having a go at teams with 2 18s there providing a service just saying it's not easy, kids aren't desperate to play like once upon a time
There's not a club out there who wouldn't field a team if they could

Hey Billy, yeah understand. I do think the league needs to come up with a plan for 18s and put some resources into helping clubs in this area, but clubs need to have a good junior football manager in these days. Might even need to offer it as a paid role as to get 18s you need to have lower grades coming through.
I understand for Nth Saints it's a struggle but Tulla did seem to drop the ball a few years ago as they used to have strong juniors. In that area I reckon you should have a reasonable junior set up. You also can get kids from Gladstone Park area and even maybe compete with Strathmore for the area of Gowanbrae.

wat
Think it's a little concerning where the Roy's are heading, there skipper wacking blokes doesn't show the best leadership considering he was probably lucky to get 5 from all reports, lack of competitiveness this year when last were there abouts with so many close losses, the recruitment of certain players who don't seem to be having an impact and are on the wrong side of 30....think they've taking a big step back this year from last which doesn't go well for the future..I for one thought they would improve again and push for a finals spot but think they are well away from that now
watched Roy's v op today . Roy's wouldn't beat half of the div 2 teams at the moment . Non competitive and lack of effort was disturbing .

Was very impressed with northern saints discipline yesterday, during senior game some supporters were getting out of hand, players on the field kept them under control, game was played in good spirits even though ex players were playing

Definitely turning the corner when it comes to behaviour!

Yeah haddys losing margins have been a fair bit less than the saints showing they are a bit more competitive plus that win against hillside puts them favourites
Fair call the mate. How about Westy v Tulla perhaps Billy can give us an update on Tulla's injuries will they be close to full strength for the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back