EDFL Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I want a thousand and I'll have a 100 on it watch this space
So Haddy has lost Ferraro, Patane, Raff to name a few. You are obviously in the no Toooldandsore? Are you saying the 10 new recruits are better than the 10 or so departures? Or are there more recruit announcements to come for the mighty Hawks? Dare I say it for the 1000th time this division in 2017 will be without doubt the most even given Toooldandsore's prediction. Glenroy and Westy going on preseason hype and recruits have cleared out as favourites IMO the rest toss a coin in the air cant wait for it to start not long now.......

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So Haddy has lost Ferraro, Patane, Raff to name a few. You are obviously in the no Toooldandsore? Are you saying the 10 new recruits are better than the 10 or so departures? Or are there more recruit announcements to come for the mighty Hawks? Dare I say it for the 1000th time this division in 2017 will be without doubt the most even given Toooldandsore's prediction. Glenroy and Westy going on preseason hype and recruits have cleared out as favourites IMO the rest toss a coin in the air cant wait for it to start not long now.......

Why do u say Westy and Glenroy are clear favourites?? All those clubs do is recruit so called super stars every year and what happens they fall up short. Glenroy stank last year and have lost quality so are their recruits any better. Westy can't win finals.
Hillside and oak park for mine are favs. Closely followed by APW and Westy. Glenroy and Tulla on next line
Hadfield are done I'll be surprised if they can win a game. Lost to much quality to compete. TL and EK will be ok on there day

Why do u say Westy and Glenroy are clear favourites?? All those clubs do is recruit so called super stars every year and what happens they fall up short. Glenroy stank last year and have lost quality so are their recruits any better. Westy can't win finals.
Hillside and oak park for mine are favs. Closely followed by APW and Westy. Glenroy and Tulla on next line
Hadfield are done I'll be surprised if they can win a game. Lost to much quality to compete. TL and EK will be ok on there day
My logic on Westy is that they regain Church Mullins and some others from big injuries so these will be like new recruits and imo Church is a gun and adds a real focal point up front allowing others to get lesser defenders. A couple of handy recruits to add to their midfield depth will only bolster what was a very good side last year prior to being struck down by some key injuries. Big grounds come finals time will help them if they are healthy. Glenroy, well they have really been to the recruiting trough. High quality mid in Ferraro and the inclusion of the young boy from Gvale is a good defender. Their forward line is where they have added real potency. Winter plays FF then add the recruits from Roxy, the big lad from Gvale, Brewster etc Trembearth is going to be a very good small forward. Like Church at Westy Dulic now becomes the key to Glenroy with all of these new recruits he will just play wherever he likes and has the ability to control games. Just my opinion going to be a cracker. Not sure on APW just yet but surely will be highly competitive they got some older locals back who still go well windside will probably just tease us all like normal so who knows on them.

My logic on Westy is that they regain Church Mullins and some others from big injuries so these will be like new recruits and imo Church is a gun and adds a real focal point up front allowing others to get lesser defenders. A couple of handy recruits to add to their midfield depth will only bolster what was a very good side last year prior to being struck down by some key injuries. Big grounds come finals time will help them if they are healthy. Glenroy, well they have really been to the recruiting trough. High quality mid in Ferraro and the inclusion of the young boy from Gvale is a good defender. Their forward line is where they have added real potency. Winter plays FF then add the recruits from Roxy, the big lad from Gvale, Brewster etc Trembearth is going to be a very good small forward. Like Church at Westy Dulic now becomes the key to Glenroy with all of these new recruits he will just play wherever he likes and has the ability to control games. Just my opinion going to be a cracker. Not sure on APW just yet but surely will be highly competitive they got some older locals back who still go well windside will probably just tease us all like normal so who knows on them.

Another mid has joined Westy in Roxy Park B&F Dimech. Only 18 so plenty of upside, will only get better with even better players around him.

Taylor's Lakes flying under the radar...
Hodgkin - Heidelberg premiership midfielder last year - gun
McGrath - Ex Heidelberg and Charlton premiership player - big and strong
Crawford - keilor midfielder - fit as a fiddle and very classy
Alexanda - CHF from keilor, tough forward line to crack into but very good player
Hobbs - doutta stars, tac cup and northern blues - only 19 too
Dillon Kane - been to a few a grade clubs, will be very good in our division
Ratcliffe - ex birchip midfielder, will be more than handy
There is some serious talent in that group and all under 27 bar Kane. With quite a few returning from injury will be there abouts at the business end of the season.

If you referring to Mitch Mills from Greenvale then you must be dreaming. Will be undersized at about 6'1 and isn't that good. Walker on the other hand could be anything if he lives up to his potential. Winter is 34 and in all honest struggled last year but still put him down for 30-40 so that will be handy. Trembearth for mine is a little over rated. Needs to be more consistent.
You are right about Westy with Church and Mullins, but will Mullins last the season or will he crack the shits like last year. They didn't have midfield depth last year as pointed out by their coach. They had 1-2 gun mids where all other finals teams had 4-5.
Hillside have recruit really well with Aloi, Hemala, Patane just to name a few. Oak Park have also recruited well in Ryan x 2, Lang and Gleeson. Not to mention they get Pascu and Harris for the whole season. They both missed 8-9 games.
Top 4
Hillside
Oak Park
APW
Westy
Unlucky to miss will be TL after hearing their recruits

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you referring to Mitch Mills from Greenvale then you must be dreaming. Will be undersized at about 6'1 and isn't that good. Walker on the other hand could be anything if he lives up to his potential. Winter is 34 and in all honest struggled last year but still put him down for 30-40 so that will be handy. Trembearth for mine is a little over rated. Needs to be more consistent.
You are right about Westy with Church and Mullins, but will Mullins last the season or will he crack the shits like last year. They didn't have midfield depth last year as pointed out by their coach. They had 1-2 gun mids where all other finals teams had 4-5.
Hillside have recruit really well with Aloi, Hemala, Patane just to name a few. Oak Park have also recruited well in Ryan x 2, Lang and Gleeson. Not to mention they get Pascu and Harris for the whole season. They both missed 8-9 games.
Top 4
Hillside
Oak Park
APW
Westy

Your right Westy were well behind the other top sides in midfield depth. After they lost Broadbent they only had 1 gun mid in Tamer Abdullah, However I think they will be really strong in the midfield with what they have brought in.
Most of their recruits seem to be midfielders with Owen, Taylor , Sutclife , flower and now Dimech. That's 5 very good mids to be bringing into a side that was top 4 last year.

Top 4
Hillside
Oak Park
APW
Westy
Ill take your word on Mills EDFL. You make some good points certainly going to be interesting. Sam Tankard can coach so with more cattle TL wont be too far off if TL17 mail is solid which it seems to be. Jury still out on Windside imo but they look like only losing a couple according to the transfers page dont no alot about their new recruits apart from Patane who will be dangerous as he probably wont be the number 1 big forward as he has had to be in the past for Haddy. Windside have a few big young boys upfront from memory. Top notch discussion on this div i still fancy the Roys at this very early stage

Ill take your word on Mills EDFL. You make some good points certainly going to be interesting. Sam Tankard can coach so with more cattle TL wont be too far off if TL17 mail is solid which it seems to be. Jury still out on Windside imo but they look like only losing a couple according to the transfers page dont no alot about their new recruits apart from Patane who will be dangerous as he probably wont be the number 1 big forward as he has had to be in the past for Haddy. Windside have a few big young boys upfront from memory. Top notch discussion on this div i still fancy the Roys at this very early stage

Hey Hack you seem to have a lot knowledge about a lot of clubs in Div 1 you must be heavily involved in one :tonguewink:

Hey Hack you seem to have a lot knowledge about a lot of clubs in Div 1 you must be heavily involved in one :tonguewink:
Welcome back to BF Milkman long time no posts.... the tit pulling game must be keeping you busy!! No im not directly involved anymore mate i have a soft spot for the red and white and have a few old mates who are still involved i do love this div and footy im no Turbos Mail thats for sure

So the mail is coach has gone to Darwin and recruited 15 aboriginal players they will fly in Friday play Saturday fly out Sunday my mail says club got funding through some indingioiuus program just how long they last before they go walkabout will remain to be seen the mail from club is that it's almost whole team who are very successful over in da

Last edited by a moderator:
So the mail is coach has gone to Darwin and recruited 15 aboriginal players they will fly in Friday play Saturday fly out Sunday my mail says club got funding through some indingioiuus program just how long they last before they go walkabout will remain to be seen the mail from club is that it's almost whole team who are very successful over in da

QUOTE="Outbackhack37, post: 48689764, member: 157539"]So Haddy has lost Ferraro, Patane, Raff to name a few. You are obviously in the no Toooldandsore? Are you saying the 10 new recruits are better than the 10 or so departures? Or are there more recruit announcements to come for the mighty Hawks? Dare I say it for the 1000th time this division in 2017 will be without doubt the most even given Toooldandsore's prediction. Glenroy and Westy going on preseason hype and recruits have cleared out as favourites IMO the rest toss a coin in the air cant wait for it to start not long now.......

[/QUOTE]
Do airfares and accomodation qualify as payments under the salary cap? 15 return airfares would have to cost 6-8K per week plus accom and I guess they wont play for free? Interesting if true Ballman guess we will need to keep an eye on the transfer blog

Do airfares and accomodation qualify as payments under the salary cap? 15 return airfares would have to cost 6-8K per week plus accom and I guess they wont play for free? Interesting if true Ballman guess we will need to keep an eye on the transfer blog

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app[/QUOTE]

Such a dangerous short term fix

Will leave the club in even more trouble when it falls apart

Such a dangerous short term fix

Will leave the club in even more trouble when it falls apart[/QUOTE]

Also the points ? Let's say they are all 3 points that's 45. Leaves 3 points for 7 players

Which club is doing this?

Haddy apparently Bang. This type of management only ends in tears. Agree on the points comments earlier by Reservesdud spot on

Thanks Outback
Yeah not good but Haddy must be pretty desperate to resort to that kind of thing, maybe that's the only option to stay alive for another season and hopefully work things out for a more sustainable out-come for the future?

All you guys have no clue what you are taking about I know spud well and he is going there tonight yet very interesting that you make assumptions and judgement on people and players that you guys don't even know!! stop putting a club down when you don't know what's going on at least they are still going and what if it works will be some egg on all your faces back off Haddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back