EDFL Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Glenroy will start favourites mate. The boys up there are pretty confident to.,
Let's hope judd Brewster doesn't take his boots middle game and sooks leaving the side to play with less numbers mate have good look at who they have recruited apart from Ferraro who is a gun many ex Haddy players if which some couldn't make in 1s and couple kids who have played div 2 footy your dreaming man if you think they start favorites

Let's hope judd Brewster doesn't take his boots middle game and sooks leaving the side to play with less numbers mate have good look at who they have recruited apart from Ferraro who is a gun many ex Haddy players if which some couldn't make in 1s and couple kids who have played div 2 footy your dreaming man if you think they start favorites

You forgot the 2 a grade amatuer premiership players and the 2 from Greenvale who both played senior footy there

Jayden Walker will clean up the comp guy is a absolute star and at div 1 level will easily be one of the best going, but the real star coming from Greenvale and easily a BnF contender is Aloi at Hillside big things expected

Yep, he's playing a game as well as doing a sportsmans night with Ricky Nixon. And it's against glenroy.
Wow well hope it is a cracker, still think Glenroy looking strong but admire Hadfield for trying to that club up with positive news I guess

Can Aloi play Mane? What type of player is he?

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Problem with Aloi is his got an inflated ego. thinks his better then what he really is.
Mills isn't a senior player. Will struggle if his playing key position like Glenroy are hoping. His barely 6 foot and was a good 2nd player at Greenvale that's all.

Walker will be the best recruit for Glenroy if he stays fit and continues his development. Speaking to some Greenvale people they were saying he could have been the next big thing in premier.

Problem with Aloi is his got an inflated ego. thinks his better then what he really is.
Mills isn't a senior player. Will struggle if his playing key position like Glenroy are hoping. His barely 6 foot and was a good 2nd player at Greenvale that's all.

Walker will be the best recruit for Glenroy if he stays fit and continues his development. Speaking to some Greenvale people they were saying he could have been the next big thing in premier.

Why wouldn't Greenvale have convinced him to stay on in premier? Not sure going backwards is good for players with talent as it's then difficult to go back up in grade. I would also assume Greenvale would have more $$ to offer than Glenroy.

I'm not a believer in younger guys taking the easy road unless they are returning to a club for the right reasons like maybe helping the club you came from, or good employment..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why wouldn't Greenvale have convinced him to stay on in premier? Not sure going backwards is good for players with talent as it's then difficult to go back up in grade. I would also assume Greenvale would have more $$ to offer than Glenroy.

I'm not a believer in younger guys taking the easy road unless they are returning to a club for the right reasons like maybe helping the club you came from, or good employment..
Thinking he wants to play with cousin Matt Walker. But then again he might be taking the easy option. He did it before when he went to Roxy park. The kids had enormous upside if he works hard and doesn't take short cuts

P
Thinking he wants to play with cousin Matt Walker. But then again he might be taking the easy option. He did it before when he went to Roxy park. The kids had enormous upside if he works hard and doesn't take short cuts
plain and simple he plays footy for fun and with his mates and cousin, he left greenvale to roxy to play with Matt to try and win a flag, he had a pretty good year finishing second in the bnf, he went back to greenvale to play with mates, since cannons all he's wanted to do is have fun and playing premier league he can't do that, he is now at glenroy with his cousin again and a few mates with a good side that will possibly play finals, can't knock a kid for trying to keep his footy enjoyable so it's not a chore, and still when at training and game day gives his all.

Jayden Walker will clean up the comp guy is a absolute star and at div 1 level will easily be one of the best going, but the real star coming from Greenvale and easily a BnF contender is Aloi at Hillside big things expected

Not sure about cleaning up Div 1, watched him play in the finals for Roxy two years ago when they went out in straight sets and went missing both games.
In the Prelim Jacana worked him over nicely.

Really what's frustrating is hearing how individual players get bashed for one reason or another in losing sides especially in finals. No doubt they can be judged but at the same time it isn't an individual that wins or loses you a game of footy. It's the team. You win a game as a team and lose a game as a team. You could have 6 superstars go to your club and yeah you will many games but the team ethos will win you the flag. Squads win flags not 6-8 players. Example Capuano has copped it, do any mids or defenders come under scrutiny for leaking a goal or two? Just an example that it's a team game. And when all players know this and respect this then you will be holding a flag at some point.

Really what's frustrating is hearing how individual players get bashed for one reason or another in losing sides especially in finals. No doubt they can be judged but at the same time it isn't an individual that wins or loses you a game of footy. It's the team. You win a game as a team and lose a game as a team. You could have 6 superstars go to your club and yeah you will many games but the team ethos will win you the flag. Squads win flags not 6-8 players. Example Capuano has copped it, do any mids or defenders come under scrutiny for leaking a goal or two? Just an example that it's a team game. And when all players know this and respect this then you will be holding a flag at some point.
As well as clubs you blokes are so fickle with all your comments and the patronizing remarks abouthaddy might just come back to haunt all of you they will surprise

Not sure about cleaning up Div 1, watched him play in the finals for Roxy two years ago when they went out in straight sets and went missing both games.
In the Prelim Jacana worked him over nicely.
He's done all the right things so far preseason, let's revisit this topic mid season. He was 19-20 back then he's 22 now 10kgs heavier abit more mature and fit.

As well as clubs you blokes are so fickle with all your comments and the patronizing remarks abouthaddy might just come back to haunt all of you they will surprise
Would be a great Cinderella story but plenty of good teams out there. I think every team at this time of year are flying but only a couple of clubs I think are prime and ready to take the next step.

Greenvale 2's of the last few years would have had most of the Div One 1's sides covered.
Mills is no star but knows how to play. Will be a decent player.

Perhaps some clubs are recruiting players with Prem division experience to help bolster a younger list in the event they win a flag and dont need to buy an entire new list of and when promoted

Greenvale 2's of the last few years would have had most of the Div One 1's sides covered.
Mills is no star but knows how to play. Will be a decent player.
I'll be honest and say I would have agreed with you a few years ago. But having watching a bit of divy 1 footy the last couple of years I would say both Greenvale and Keilor last years 2 best reserves side would struggle to win more then 2-3 games last year and that's only because Haddy and NS struggled. Not disrespecting those teams just being honest.

I'll be honest and say I would have agreed with you a few years ago. But having watching a bit of divy 1 footy the last couple of years I would say both Greenvale and Keilor last years 2 best reserves side would struggle to win more then 2-3 games last year and that's only because Haddy and NS struggled. Not disrespecting those teams just being honest.
Totally agree EDFL this Div has really gone to another level with some really good juniors from clubs progressing through the ranks and clubs recruiting some good players. I would be interested to hear from anyone from APW after say 6 rounds to comment on the change in competitiveness since they were last in the old B grade. Likewise EK coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back