EDFL Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem with Aloi is his got an inflated ego. thinks his better then what he really is.
Mills isn't a senior player. Will struggle if his playing key position like Glenroy are hoping. His barely 6 foot and was a good 2nd player at Greenvale that's all.

Walker will be the best recruit for Glenroy if he stays fit and continues his development. Speaking to some Greenvale people they were saying he could have been the next big thing in premier.
Mills not playing key back at Glenroy. Has been playing half back and on a wing .Was really good against West Coburg , his pressure was excellent and got a bit of the footy as well . Will go ok in div 1

Why wouldn't Greenvale have convinced him to stay on in premier? Not sure going backwards is good for players with talent as it's then difficult to go back up in grade. I would also assume Greenvale would have more $$ to offer than Glenroy.

I'm not a believer in younger guys taking the easy road unless they are returning to a club for the right reasons like maybe helping the club you came from, or good employment..[/

*Long time reader/First ever post.*

Always popped in for read of BigFooty to catch up of latest from around the EDFL. For quite a few years it was a lot dribble and keyboard warriors taking pot shots at each other's clubs and players in the competition. Never felt the need to get involved as the conversation wasn't what it should have been for the most part.
Last 12 months this feed has been great (with the occasional exception of course) plenty of updates on player movements and how each club is tracking. Keep up the great work!
I played for a few different clubs a long time ago in the EDFL but since retiring i always pick out a game every Saturday with a mate and go for a look. I have gravitated to Taylors Lakes in recent seasons as it's walking distance from my house, so I watch their home games. When away I pick out best game of the round or catch a Premier game. Love EDFL footy and will always watch it over an AFL match.
Taylors Lakes looked to have recruited well with players listed on a post here a few weeks back. From reports they were a bit disappointing in first practice match against Epping. Hoping to see them push for a finals spot this season but think it still might be a year too early. They are coming from a fair way back and sounds like big inprovements from Glenroy and Hillside.
Would love to hear some predictions for 2017. Ladder + Medal Winner + Goal Kicker ??

Mine -
Westmeadows
Oak Park
Hillside
Tullamarine

Glenroy
Taylors Lakes
East Keilor
Airport West
Hadfield

Medal - Hooper (OP)
Goal kicker - Church. (Westy)

Does anyone know if westy have a new ruckman? if so anyone know his name?
He seems young, was watching his team play on the weekend during their praccy game!

Does anyone know if westy have a new ruckman? if so anyone know his name?
He seems young, was watching his team play on the weekend during their praccy game!
That would be vavra. Played last year and is an upcoming ruckman with potential. Very raw and needs a lot of coaching to become a good player

That would be vavra. Played last year and is an upcoming ruckman with potential. Very raw and needs a lot of coaching to become a good player

Is only 20 and only started playing footy at 17. Finished 2nd in B&F last year and has a terrific future. Very vaw but level of improvement is huge for a kid that hasn't played a lot of footy

Is only 20 and only started playing footy at 17. Finished 2nd in B&F last year and has a terrific future. Very vaw but level of improvement is huge for a kid that hasn't played a lot of footy
Agreed
But who is teaching down at Westy?? He got a footballing lesson in the final last year against Bloomfield. To take the next step he needs someone to be coaching him about the art of ruckwork.
Maybe DC should get a ruck coach for him

Bloody good footballer

Could be! But u fortunately his heart just isn't in it. From what I have been told he is a very poor trainer and just doesn't love the game, hence why has given it away and prob only 22.
Has hardly played last 2 years , 2015 went overseas second half of year and last year only played a handful of games and walked away in second half of year again.
Shame really, could be anything

Any good praccy games on tomorrow ?
Westy ? Oak Park ? tulla ? Glenroy ?
Wouldn't mind having a look at something close by

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I call bullshit. Either Tullamarine have a terrible injury list or the coaching staff don't know what they're doing.
No team has 15 out of their last practice match before round 1

Westmeadows not playing this weekend. Going with the approach of resting week before round 1.

Westmeadows not playing this weekend. Going with the approach of resting week before round 1.

I'm tipping Westmeadows started their praccys earlier to accomodate the weeks rest.
Leaving out almost your whole 1's side from your last praccy before round 1 is very different.

I call bullshit. Either Tullamarine have a terrible injury list or the coaching staff don't know what they're doing.
No team has 15 out of their last practice match before round 1

They do when a senior player is getting married and most of the list is invited

They do when a senior player is getting married and most of the list is invited

What happens if it was round 1 this week ? Do players not attend their mates wedding, or does Tulla pencil in the round as a bad loss ?
Not very well thought through if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back