EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Yea, Sammy Laffan. Was off for a while, but pretty sure it came from one of those knocks. Tough kid.

Not good at all and they are easy targets, but to be fair, Smith and Ramsay were copping it all day at our end. Just don't see why that sort of rubbish is necessary.

TBH, I wasn't surprised. I think we showed through the year our best footy doesn't include that stuff and they played accordingly.
I actually thought that the injury to Cloke cost craigieburn the game. To his credit he couldn't move in the 3rd quarter and still tried his hardest. If his fit then I would think he would have taken 3-4 marks resulting in 3-4 goals changing the dynamics of the game.

Are you kidding DUD that's a sh1t thing to say guessing your suburbs not as nice as sandringham does that make you any less ya pig
I'm off
:thumbsu::thumbsu:
Realistically, it's a league based around a traditionally working class part of Melbourne it's not as though NS is surrounded by Toorak and the like, either way who gives a damn what the suburb is like so long as the standard of footy is good and the clubs are a place you'd be comfortable going to play, observe from the sidelines or take your kids to.

Doesn't help when the pres cuts everyone's pay in half 1 week after transfers close... Not sure what attitude you're going to get after that... Considering membership is $550+, and the amount of tickets they give you to sell for events are $600+ in total.. So at the end, you end up owing the club...

Not sure what response a club would expect to get from their players after that happens.

The club let go of a lot of great players in the likes of Tamer abdullah, billy Allouche, Zak saad just to name a few, just to accommodate for mercenaries, mind you the players I mentioned are northern in heart.

Moral of my rant, be loyal to your players and your players will be loyal to you... Pres curuso is good but time for a fresh start, and in my opinion only person that can pick this club off the ground is a guy called Khaled Aboueid (the brother of a senior player there) knows his footy and can definitely do the job, a very respected man.

All the best to Northern, hope to see them up again.

Regards,
Ex-player
I agree with a little bit you say about the membership being way to high. Yes agreed on tamer n billy but they left cos of the way there were treated by Nat Caruso but as for Zak saad he is no northern saints at heart. He played one year there n then left after they won the flag. He only played one year. Plzzzzzz tell me your joking about Khaled Aboueid. The only person that should take the job and will get the club back on track is Paul bunro (Ak pb) the club needs a massive clean out. I am hereing the Carusos are linked to nearly every a grade club. Every club would love to have them but wow do they come with one hefty price tag. They are the best 2 players in a grade but wow wee is there price tag high. At the end of the day the real northern saints fans n ex players have to go back. Khaled Aboueid Brother is leaving anyway. He is going back to northcote. They all leave when the going gets tough. Says a lot anyway.

Wha
Agree with others, no 20 for Craigieburn clearly most doninant player on ground.

Best $18 I have spent in ages. Great day.

Umpiring was woeful, would love to see the stats. Reckon it might have been 35-10 against Douttas.

No 13 for Craigieburn is a better ducker than the Selwoods.

Unfortunate incident in the crowd with 30 seconds to go, other than that a great atmosphere all day.
gwhat
Agree with others, no 20 for Craigieburn clearly most doninant player on ground.

Best $18 I have spent in ages. Great day.

Umpiring was woeful, would love to see the stats. Reckon it might have been 35-10 against Douttas.

No 13 for Craigieburn is a better ducker than the Selwoods.

Unfortunate incident in the crowd with 30 seconds to go, other than that a great atmosphere all day.
happened in the crowd ?

was at the game on sunday.

- the craigieburn kid who took the mark in the under 18s should take out the AFL mark of the year, it was sensational

- Great work for T/Lakes who went in massive underdogs and are now back to back premiers!!! three in a row?

- the crowd for the senior game was disgusting. actually felt sorry for the cloke brothers, some of things people in stand were shouting at them was major bullying. if one of the clokes jump the fence and walked straight up to those people who got stuck into them, they would shit them self.

- the fight in the crowd at the end of the game, was casued by a hillside player (thug), who was ripping into a kid waterboy. the poor kid was threaten and a ball thrown at his head. was glad to see someone stood up this thug. hopefully the police arrest him and edfl kick him out of the league

I agree with a little bit you say about the membership being way to high. Yes agreed on tamer n billy but they left cos of the way there were treated by Nat Caruso but as for Zak saad he is no northern saints at heart. He played one year there n then left after they won the flag. He only played one year. Plzzzzzz tell me your joking about Khaled Aboueid. The only person that should take the job and will get the club back on track is Paul bunro (Ak pb) the club needs a massive clean out. I am hereing the Carusos are linked to nearly every a grade club. Every club would love to have them but wow do they come with one hefty price tag. They are the best 2 players in a grade but wow wee is there price tag high. At the end of the day the real northern saints fans n ex players have to go back. Khaled Aboueid Brother is leaving anyway. He is going back to northcote. They all leave when the going gets tough. Says a lot anyway.

You are correct about most, but Zak did not leave at his own merit, he asked for a contract which everyone thought was fair, considering he is an abdolute gun, but was turned down by the club and offered a contract that would be an insult to any player of his caliber. Moral is, northern and the pres don't know how to treat the players there.

Congratulations EDS , the EDFL is better for having the club in the top Division. For CB sake hope they can re-group, keep their players and have another crack at it next year, again, the EDFL is better off with them in Premier.

Why does the EDFL benefit from having EDS in Premier over any other team ? What do they bring to the table that is so special? Don't get me wrong they deserve to be there, they earned it, but to say the whole league is better for them being there is a bit of a stretch !

They are a basket case. In

In a terrible area, limited helpers, limited numbers, a playing group whose attitudes and respect for opposition and authority is non existent and as a result there president who is a work horse and there best two players are leaving. Fed up of the shit.
So tell me how many players play at the club in their AREA???? In the EDFL it would be luck to be 30 maybe 40%. So it's not about the area per say, it's about the deepest pockets. Stop posting rubbish.

Why does the EDFL benefit from having EDS in Premier over any other team ? What do they bring to the table that is so special? Don't get me wrong they deserve to be there, they earned it, but to say the whole league is better for them being there is a bit of a stretch !
They know how to conduct themselves in the Premier League unlike other clubs namely Northern Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They know how to conduct themselves in the Premier League unlike other clubs namely Northern Saints.

Bit harsh there mate, I believe Douttas should be in Premier because they don't have any excuse for failing at the highest level given their setup of admin and juniors!
They just got a lot of things wrong their last few Years in Premier but looking at their team on Sunday they would need to recruit at least 12 players because Ramsay, Butters etc. will not be up to Premier, maybe 7 years ago but not now,
They have a good coach at least and should equip well.

Explain just what you mean, or are you one that thinks only certain clubs should be in Premier?
Yeah agree with you mate, there are just some clubs not up to Premier standard whether that be through - Facilities, the way they conduct themselves or just playing ability.All it does is bring down the Brand

Bit harsh there mate, I believe Douttas should be in Premier because they don't have any excuse for failing at the highest level given their setup of admin and juniors!
They just got a lot of things wrong their last few Years in Premier but looking at their team on Sunday they would need to recruit at least 12 players because Ramsay, Butters etc. will not be up to Premier, maybe 7 years ago but not now,
They have a good coach at least and should equip well.
Ramsey butters Carey are probably the three that couldn't stack up in premier grade. probably need to look to get there home grown players back such as:
R.Hicks
J. Anderson
J.Morris
F. Brancatisano
N.kazuro
A.Boyse
N.Kovac
A. dimatteo

Along with
2x gun mids
Back up ruck
Key back on top of
Connor Thompson will be like a new recruit.
Gun forward to take some heat of kite.

Ramsey butters Carey are probably the three that couldn't stack up in premier grade. probably need to look to get there home grown players back such as:
R.Hicks
J. Anderson
J.Morris
F. Brancatisano
N.kazuro
A.Boyse
N.Kovac
A. dimatteo

Along with
2x gun mids
Back up ruck
Key back on top of
Connor Thompson will be like a new recruit.
Gun forward to take some heat of kite.

Not sure if Kite will play premier next year mate. Hear his already spoken to a few div1 clubs. Rejected previous offers to play premier including a big offer about 3-4 years ago. He definitely has the talent but not sure his committed to play premier.

Douttas will need a 1st ruck mate and have Barnes as the second ruck. He won't be able to compete with the majority of premier ruckman. Nice enough kid but doesn't have the strength or mongrel to go with them. He did struggle in premier with Pacco but I suppose it depends what's out there and your budget as good ruckman always demand a high price tag.

Not sure if Kite will play premier next year mate. Hear his already spoken to a few div1 clubs. Rejected previous offers to play premier including a big offer about 3-4 years ago. He definitely has the talent but not sure his committed to play premier.

Douttas will need a 1st ruck mate and have Barnes as the second ruck. He won't be able to compete with the majority of premier ruckman. Nice enough kid but doesn't have the strength or mongrel to go with them. He did struggle in premier with Pacco but I suppose it depends what's out there and your budget as good ruckman always demand a high price tag.
Yeah i agree Turbo. Kite wont be there next season. Either will there coach Wallis. I think a few others will leave too because they are not up to premier league standard or just dont want to play at that level

I think it now offical that have overtaken Turbo's Mail for the silly big footy post this year.

That's a bit harsh Nanananana Batman. I do admit I have gone overboard at times but at least be fair, I do have some good mail. Lol

I suppose the Nth Saints had one of those years which is subject to opinions, but I think we move on as they did play the year out and gained some respect back I reckon after a rough start to the season.

I think it now offical that have overtaken Turbo's Mail for the silly big footy post this year.
Just keeping it real. Fact is first year up everyone wanted them to go well until they played them the 1st time and realised the way they went about their footy. Not 1 club would've walked away from Mutton Reserve saying "what a good day of local footy that was" , win or lose. The simple fact that they had to remove players from their club is justification of my comments. This year without 1 of the Caruso boy's and exodus of players they didn't compete at all, and some of the behavior from their reserves was disgraceful - late punches/elbows/knees, kicks, spitting, abusing umpires - Fact - Not up to EDFL Premier League standard. I feel for the good people there who volunteer their time to keep the place afloat. Mick Caruso and others are genuine gun's, but for him to turn his back was the last straw for me.
The truth cannot be ignored

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back