EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon it's great for East Sunbury even if he does only play 3 or 4 games. Terrific talent who will dominate games.

Hey Mel, not sure Germo will allow him to play local during byes, even if his playing VFL development. Good luck to Dylan asking Germo!! The answer will be "NO"

One does wonder why a kid with talent would play in a Div2 club??? $$$$$ could be the answer. Word around town is that East Sunbury are dangling some big carrots in front of kids. What ever happened to loyalty??

Who cares if it's for $$$$$?? East Sunbury are a young club who are serious about improvement and not just making up the numbers. Tarczon is the exact person they needed to recruit as they have made a habit of drawing good players who are at the end of their careers and just want to eek out one last year to help lead/teach the younger players (or worse, a club where it's easy to get a game). Why not recruit a 20 year old kid who actually plays like a 25 year old who also possesses the ability to lead and teach?

I think it's a bit crap when we always support these new clubs and discuss how great for the league they are but then question a good player when they choose to play there and the stupid old reason is "Well they must be going there just for the money" is bandied around.

Hey Mel, not sure Germo will allow him to play local during byes, even if his playing VFL development. Good luck to Dylan asking Germo!! The answer will be "NO"

It was one of the good things about not having one of the more elite footy players in that system. You actually got to spend time back at your local club.

Has played a total of 3 cricket games.

However starting to make sense if he has a connection to the club, and possibly a group of mates there.
Anyway let's move on, as unless his dad is good mates with German (which is possible) and he has made some arrangements he won't be allowed to play local footy at all.
EDFL knowitall might be able to help as he seems follow Coburg VFL. What do you think?
On a positive side hope he does well at Coburg and plays a few senior games in his first year. The kid has talent and great to see him testing himself at VFL level whilst his still young.

However starting to make sense if he has a connection to the club, and possibly a group of mates there.
Anyway let's move on, as unless his dad is good mates with German (which is possible) and he has made some arrangements he won't be allowed to play local footy at all.
EDFL knowitall might be able to help as he seems follow Coburg VFL. What do you think?
On a positive side hope he does well at Coburg and plays a few senior games in his first year. The kid has talent and great to see him testing himself at VFL level whilst his still young.

It's very unlikely he will play if his a regular in the coburg 1st or 2nds. The only way is if they have 2 weeks off in a row. VFL clubs now are less likely letting there players play local footy.
Local footy is only there if they don't get a game or coming back from long term injuries and need game time

Who cares if it's for $$$$$?? East Sunbury are a young club who are serious about improvement and not just making up the numbers. Tarczon is the exact person they needed to recruit as they have made a habit of drawing good players who are at the end of their careers and just want to eek out one last year to help lead/teach the younger players (or worse, a club where it's easy to get a game). Why not recruit a 20 year old kid who actually plays like a 25 year old who also possesses the ability to lead and teach?

I think it's a bit crap when we always support these new clubs and discuss how great for the league they are but then question a good player when they choose to play there and the stupid old reason is "Well they must be going there just for the money" is bandied around.

Sorry but I watched footy in an era when it wasn't driven by the mighty dollar. Players played for the love of the club, the love of the town, they had pride. Not anymore. Read my post again. They are luring quite a few other kids with $$$$ as well, giving them a false sense of worth. Pretty soon, this culture will spill over to the junior clubs (as in U16's demanding match payments).

Sorry but I watched footy in an era when it wasn't driven by the mighty dollar. Players played for the love of the club, the love of the town, they had pride. Not anymore. Read my post again. They are luring quite a few other kids with $$$$ as well, giving them a false sense of worth. Pretty soon, this culture will spill over to the junior clubs (as in U16's demanding match payments).
There are still plenty of players that play for the club. If you look at the clubs that have had sustained success they all have home growns that play for there club not just money.
Greenvale, Strathmore - premier
Tulla, TL - divy 1

I have been told that Dylan Tarczon has strong links with East Sunbury (both coach and friends). I reckon good on East Sunbury for targeting young local talent that can build with the club, rather than bringing in older blokes for immediate results who will not be around when they are ready for a tilt. Another talented junior, Bradley Bernacki returns to the club. I expect him to dominate games as a 16 year old like Beau Naim and Steven Vocale.

E="Fo0tyFanaticc, post: 43026270, member: 156942"]I have been told that Dylan Tarczon has strong links with East Sunbury (both coach and friends). I reckon good on East Sunbury for targeting young local talent that can build with the club, rather than bringing in older blokes for immediate results who will not be around when they are ready for a tilt. Another talented junior, Bradley Bernacki returns to the club. I expect him to dominate games as a 16 year old like Beau Naim and Steven Vocale.[/QUOTE]

That's what happens in the lower levels though mate. Guys not quite up to the higher grades as they get older but still want to play football.

The younger ones get targetted by higher level clubs for big money.....and almost always nowadays take it.
If you can get 6-8 good young ones into this level and look after them financially and surrounded by older guys driven to succeed you'll be in good shape.

I have been told that Dylan Tarczon has strong links with East Sunbury (both coach and friends). I reckon good on East Sunbury for targeting young local talent that can build with the club, rather than bringing in older blokes for immediate results who will not be around when they are ready for a tilt. Another talented junior, Bradley Bernacki returns to the club. I expect him to dominate games as a 16 year old like Beau Naim and Steven Vocale.

Hahaha. Plays all his junior footy & U18s at Sunbury Lions but has strong links with East Sunbury???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

E="Fo0tyFanaticc, post: 43026270, member: 156942"]I have been told that Dylan Tarczon has strong links with East Sunbury (both coach and friends). I reckon good on East Sunbury for targeting young local talent that can build with the club, rather than bringing in older blokes for immediate results who will not be around when they are ready for a tilt. Another talented junior, Bradley Bernacki returns to the club. I expect him to dominate games as a 16 year old like Beau Naim and Steven Vocale.

That's what happens in the lower levels though mate. Guys not quite up to the higher grades as they get older but still want to play football.

The younger ones get targetted by higher level clubs for big money.....and almost always nowadays take it.
If you can get 6-8 good young ones into this level and look after them financially and surrounded by older guys driven to succeed you'll be in good shape.[/QUOTE]

Good post Zappas. Definitely the way forward if you want to progress up the divisions. Get the right mix of young & old. Still need some stronger mature guys and a good strong ruckman.

Think the link is the coach of East Sunbury used to play footy at Abers with Dylan's dad.

I just think your out to make East Sunbury sound like a club that can only attract young talent if they pay (which is total crap) most of the young players that have come back are previous players who played juniors and are now seeing that the clubs culture is going in a positive direction. Maybe you should check facts before making your own crap up!!!

I just think your out to make East Sunbury sound like a club that can only attract young talent if they pay (which is total crap) most of the young players that have come back are previous players who played juniors and are now seeing that the clubs culture is going in a positive direction. Maybe you should check facts before making your own crap up!!!

And what are the facts Markd3103?? Didn't make up the crap, as I mentioned it is the word around town.

Bradley Bernacki's clearance still pending.

Gee wiz, seems like a few posters aren't too happy with East Sunbury looking on improving. Should be happy for the Club.
Done it hard after entering the league and will only get better imo. Well done to all the hard workers at the club.
Bloody hell it's not like the other players in Sunbury don't move around the clubs or move to Edfl or surrounding clubs. Lol
Give em some credit:thumbsu:

And what are the facts Markd3103?? Didn't make up the crap, as I mentioned it is the word around town.

Again, why is it an issue that ES are throwing around money. That's what it is these days. For a small/new club like ES to do this now will have no impact on the culture. How is it that clubs in premier do this and no one bats an eyelids but as soon as a Div 1 or 2 club does it it's somehow going to create a negative culture.
Your previous post about the old days of football are now gone, however there are a still players who play for the jumper. They just happen to play for money too. So what? I only wish I was able to do that while I was playing (get paid that is).

Please note that I have no ties to East Sunbury.

Best move he ever made...... ;)

Maybe you should stop questioning other clubs recruiting tactics when it is evident your own club is employing the same. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

Again, I am just a follower of junior/senior football in the Sunbury area and living in Rolling Meadows, have taken a keen eye to their progress. I say good on them for getting on the front foot as the sooner they can become competitive (move up to Div 1), the bigger they can grow - being the lone Sunbury EDFL team in my opinion. Recruiting talented youth is a great start.

Let's move on to another subject.
How is Jacana and Roxburg Park looking this season. Will they improve or go backwards? Not hearing much out of both clubs on here.

Best move he ever made...... ;)
Other clubs in Sunbury and surrounding suburbs; including yours were approached by certain Vic league/s and were offered the chance to move across. Didn't Rupertswood recently move leagues and players were getting offers left right and centre for the almighty $$$?
East Sunbury made the big call and took up the challenge, humble about it and was prepared to start in Div 2 and work thier way up doing the hard yards on thier own.
The club has earned alot of respect if you ask me. Why wouldn't young blokes want to play in a good league if the option is available. EDFL is a great league and I think East Sunbury made the best decision for the future of the club and local area. :footy:
Can only get stronger imo and will be a force in Sunbury in the near future.
You better lock up your players and get them to sign life contracts so they never leave and tell them they must play for the jumper and pride. lol
Anyways nightshift sucks balls and as good ol Turbs said lets move on.
Good luck to all Clubs this year:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back