EDFL Division 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

An
From what I hear there was quiet a bit of niggle and dust ups when Roxy couldn't win. Final straw came when a Roxy water bay punched a HS player near the boundary line. Umpires abandoned the game after that. The fight then started again in the grand stand outside of the visitor change room.
Anything result of this. Notice nothing in the Tribunal Report. Didn't Hillside play the prelim on the weekend?

I seen a fair bump that wasn't head high and unfortunately the NS player has hit his head on the cricket wicket causing most of the damage. That is from a neutral point of view not NS or Jacana colored glasses. What I did find disturbing was the lack of sportsmanship from the NS captain after the game refusing to shake the oppositions hands and telling his players to do the same. Not a good look at all.

I seen a fair bump that wasn't head high and unfortunately the NS player has hit his head on the cricket wicket causing most of the damage. That is from a neutral point of view not NS or Jacana colored glasses. What I did find disturbing was the lack of sportsmanship from the NS captain after the game refusing to shake the oppositions hands and telling his players to do the same. Not a good look at all.

Shoulder on shoulder contact. No contact to the head by the jacana player. NS player has hit his head on the ground. That's what I seen !!!

The captain probably was concerned and upset about his team mate who was knocked out in the first 10 seconds. For the sake of everyone involved, and the seriousness of the incident, the EDFL needs to hold an investigation to find out the truth. This would lay the issue to rest.

Looks like we agree to disagree. Would any of the NS faithful like to comment on their captains actions after the game ?

Yeah agree, wasn't good from the stand in captain. I heard he apologised to all players, officials and supporters in the rooms after the game, for his actions. He and his team mates were affected quite badly by what they saw happen to the young bloke and his reactions whilst unconscious. I'm sure the club aren't happy with both situations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will only be settled if NS demand an investigation or the boys parents do. The EDFL should not wait for this and should do it off their own back.

Happened just outside the centre circle.

Think u had a few to had afew to many cans mate. He was lying basically on the edge of the square right on the wing. Look facts are it doesnt matter he choose to bump and tbe player got knocked out. I couldnt really care what happens to tbe jacana bloke but felt i had to saw something when people are carrying on saying it was fair. If it was fair umpire wouldnt of payed a free kick for to high. Hope the young blokes alright. I also agree with was was said about northern captain did after the game everything should stay on the field no matter what happened no one goes out intentionally to hurt someone like that at least i hope.

Have any of you guys seen the video ? if not how can you comment on something that happens in a split second ?

I don't need to see the video, as I'm not talking about that specific case.
If you elect to bump, and in that split second, you bump the player in the head, you are in trouble. Simple as that.

Looks like we agree to disagree. Would any of the NS faithful like to comment on their captains actions after the game ?

How was the form of the dude in the crowd yelling out "who's next":thumbsdown:
When was the cricket pitches moved to the wing?
Semantics mate. Was not on the wing cobber, pretty sure the bloke lined him up from the wing but whether it be wing or near the centre who gives. Doesn't matter a toss

Reckon Coburg may have alot more supporters this week ;)

How was the form of the dude in the crowd yelling out "who's next":thumbsdown:

Semantics mate. Was not on the wing cobber, pretty sure the bloke lined him up from the wing but whether it be wing or near the centre who gives. Doesn't matter a toss

Reckon Coburg may have alot more supporters this week ;)

There is a photo on the Northern facebook page of where Peter is being treated. It looks as if its around 12 or so meters away from the spot they bounce the ball. What is interesting is that i'ts still a fair way from the wing where the player ran in from, so that player would have had a fair head of steam.
Regardless there will be a tribunal hearing tomorrow night I'm hearing, so looks like there might just have been some connection with the head. I don't think it would have been referred to the tribunal if it was a fair bump. Do you....?

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back