EDFL Moves Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be pretty pissed off too if I was an Abers supporter, the most underachieving club in the EDFL with their last A Grade flag coming in 1974. Actually I think thats their only A Grade flag!!

Is that really true about Abers. Only one A Grade flag?

If so not one abers person should ever write on this site again till they win one. The amount of crap use people write on here is a disgrace.

No one cares about your club.

I'd be pretty pissed off too if I was an Abers supporter, the most underachieving club in the EDFL with their last A Grade flag coming in 1974. Actually I think thats their only A Grade flag!!

If so not one abers person should ever write on this site again till they win one. The amount of crap use people write on here is a disgrace.

There nothing wrong with your club winning only 1 A Grade flag. :p Hopefully this time year Marby will have 2 :eek:

What are the in and outs at other clubs, what else is happening around the EDFL,
well sounds like abers are in trouble barham on his way out there best player with a few others and avondale h seems a alot of clubs are chasing there best player sutcliffe and have lost couple already so looks like these2 will struggle again

well sounds like abers are in trouble barham on his way out there best player with a few others and avondale h seems a alot of clubs are chasing there best player sutcliffe and have lost couple already so looks like these2 will struggle again

where is barham off to ?

so since 1974 they have stayed in A Grade (last 35 years)
can the abers people tell us since then as we have always had
a final 4 how many times
1 we all know that nil
2 ?????
3 ?????
4 ?????

5 just missed out ? who cares

they must know they talk alot

fwiw it seems like the anti abers posts are are lot more frequent then the pro abers posts seriously who cares if abers have won only one flag (as there are plenty of clubs around the same mark) or whatever it is abers people talk about thats so annoying, Rivalry is one thing needless whinging is another

fwiw it seems like the anti abers posts are are lot more frequent then the pro abers posts seriously who cares if abers have won only one flag (as there are plenty of clubs around the same mark) or whatever it is abers people talk about thats so annoying, Rivalry is one thing needless whinging is another

Well said, a lot of negative nellies on here. For some reason Abers come in for plenty of flak and im not sure why? At the end of the day they're a great club for a lot of reasons, unfortunately A Grade senior premierships ain't yet one of them, but that doesn't mean their not working their ass off like all the other clubs to try rectify that. Every club is going to have people coming and going at the end of each year and it is no help when people (especially from your own club) post false things about certain players leaving...which was my original point. As i also said, i've only heard very exciting things about abers. Anyway, lets move on and talk more about positive things in our league cos everybody is sick of hearing about ****ing Abers. We should be talking about the premiers!

Who if anyone can challenge Marbi next year?

Barnard signed on as Craigieburn Coach for the next 3 seasons.
Things are looking up for the Eagles in 2010 after a woeful 2009. :thumbsu:

where did you get your mail on Barham?? you just like starting trouble naming people for sake of naming people.

so since 1974 they have stayed in A Grade (last 35 years)
can the abers people tell us since then as we have always had
a final 4 how many times
1 we all know that nil
2 ?????
3 ?????
4 ?????

5 just missed out ? who cares

they must know they talk alot

They haven't been in A grade for last 35 years went down to B Grade and a won a flag against Tulla i think in the late 90's or around 2000 cannot remember exactly.

I only remember L.woods getting knocked out early and they won the game

They haven't been in A grade for last 35 years went down to B Grade and a won a flag against Tulla i think in the late 90's or around 2000 cannot not remember exactly.

I only remember L.woods getting knocked out early and they won the game

ABERFELDIE B Grade Flags - 1953, 1959, 1982, 1995
ABERFELDIE A Grade Flags - 1974

A Grade Flag List is:

Doutta Stars 18 PremiershipsKeilor 9 PremiershipsAscot Vale 6 PremiershipsWest Coburg 6 PremiershipsStrathmore 6 PremiershipsEssendon Tullamarine 5 PremiershipsGlenroy 3 PremiershipsOak Park 2 PremiershipsGreenvale 2 PremiershipsAirport West 1 PremiershipEast Keilor 1 PremiershipMoonee Valley 1 PremiershipAberfeldie 1 PremiershipMaribyrnong Park 1 Premiership

Doutta Stars 18 PremiershipsKeilor 9 PremiershipsAscot Vale 6 PremiershipsWest Coburg 6 PremiershipsStrathmore 6 PremiershipsEssendon Tullamarine 5 PremiershipsGlenroy 3 PremiershipsOak Park 2 PremiershipsGreenvale 2 PremiershipsAirport West 1 PremiershipEast Keilor 1 PremiershipMoonee Valley 1 PremiershipAberfeldie 1 PremiershipMaribyrnong Park 1 Premiership

Backs up what i was saying, oak park is spoken of in reverence whereas abers are looked down upon. There's one flag difference between them.

A Grade Flag List is:

That list doesn't read well for the JETS.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Grade Flag List is:

Glenroy have won 4 A Grade flags 66,82,83,85

The Cheltenham Football Club wishes to advise applications are now being sought for the role of Playing Assistant Senior Coach for 2010 in the Southern Football League Division 1.

Applications and Expressions of Interest for the senior coaching role should be sent to:

The President
Cheltenham Football Club
PO Box 8007, Camberwell Nth VIC 3124

Or emailed to: RJEverett@rohmhaas.com

The Cheltenham Football Club is one of only two senior football clubs in Australia with a Gold Quality Club accreditation. We have excellent facilities and family club environment, with a young exciting playing list and strong committee.

Details can be found at our website www.cheltenhamfc.com.au

Applications close Tuesday 20th October 2009.

Finals time..you are clueless mate, 2 a grade flags for the just over 10 years they've been fielding a seniors side is one of the better records around.:thumbsu:

That list doesn't read well for the JETS.....

My god the amount of BS being written on this site amazes me!

Has Greenvale been around as long as Douttas and Keilor? Me thinks not!

The Jets may have lost the big game and good luck to Marby for winning. Doesn't make them a better team in many people's eyes. Greenvale have been the benchmark of the comp for the last few seasons and will always have something that others don't.. and it's called CLASS!

And as far saying one club is better than another because of the amount of premiership trophies in its cabinet? Hogwash - the teams that won were just the winners on that big day in September and well done to them. Trying to make that comparison is futile. EVERY single EDFL club in the competition has won awards at some stage, but most people just remember the premiers, not who came second, or third or tenth. Sad really, because every club has great people working behind the scenes who do a monumental amount of unseen work.. and I know the amount of blood, sweat and tears that goes into getting football teams on the park each week. Some of you anonymous wimps who sit here behind a PC on your fat backsides should have more respect.

Just as an aside for all of you Abers bashers out there here is an undeniable fact: The Aberfeldie U18s hold the EDFL record for consecutive wins in any age group - a fact acknowledged when I checked with the league today. That's Five consecutive wins in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 including other wins in 1998 and 2008. And this dear friends, is where the future of football lies.

Forget paying big coin to the new recruits who are only there for the money. The future of any club is the strength it derives from its juniors, particularly those graduating to full senior level from the Under 18s. Tap into that resource the right way, look after your home growns, and you might just find winning that elusive A-Grade flag is a little more attainable than you think -- and all at a fraction of the cost that the so-called super clubs are spending.

Oh, I can hear the howls of ascension already. Wink, wink!!

NEXT...

And this dear friends, is where the future of football lies.

Forget paying big coin to the new recruits who are only there for the money. The future of any club is the strength it derives from its juniors, particularly those graduating to full senior level from the Under 18s. Tap into that resource the right way, look after your home growns, and you might just find winning that elusive A-Grade flag is a little more attainable than you think -- and all at a fraction of the cost that the so-called super clubs are spending.

Well said No.1, probably one of the most honest and agreeable posts of this or any other year. But as we all know, money makes the world go round... especially when your world is local football.

Anyone know how Jarrod Catania found himself in the B Grade Team of the Year?? Must be relatives with Stan Pettet.

Could find at least 30 blokes who had better years than him.

Probably same as AFL picking Leon Davis. Jarrod should have made it when he was runner up in comp b&f, and Davis should have made AFL team last year. Called getting even as they owed him one. As captain of an ordinary team he did ok.

Fair point but you can't tell me with the $$$$$ quality $$$$$ of teams Greenvale have been putting out on the field between 2004 & 2009 that they are happy with 2 premierships????

By which you mean paying comparable money to the sides that knocked them off? but i suppose marby, keilor and strathmore players ALL played juniors there and play for the love of the club whereas Greenvale players are overpayed mercernaries? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back