EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
aberdaberdo said:
Are you talking about Strathmore or Douttas? Didn't see too many Douttas kids running around in the 1's on Sat. But either way the ones who have left (as some do every year) have rated themselves as not good enough before a shot has been fired. And lets face it the best U18's at any club don't play for your club. There at Cannons /VFL. Its a big ask to expect kids to come from your U18's when they haven't been good enough to go to the next level and then compete against players who have. The vast majority of good A Grade players have been to that next level and come back. The kids need to learn how to play senior footy. If they are willing to do that in the 2's great. If they drop back a level to play senior footy good luck to them. Most return at some stage anyway.

As for the coach I'm sure there would be plenty who would be happy to have the A Grade flag tucked under their pillow at night.

And what pride and a sense of accomplishment that would give you - absolute and irrefutable proof that you could sign a cheque better than anyone else. I've heard that the one of the legends of the club who had been handling senior football walked out last year in protest at the 180 turn in Strathy's position on senior football from the philosophy they had been working to the few years prior to that. Isn't there anybody there prepared to see it like it is?

bricksta said:
serious mate i think you have a bee in your assss about this get over yourself and Strathmore and just face facts the undefeated season is finished....and you still have to play Greenvale :eek: :thumbsu:

The Sh it will hit the fan again down at lebo reserve then.....:eek:

Wouldn't it be interesting if the EDFL set a salary cap? Say, $80K to make it interesting; enough fat in that to fit in a few high pricers if need be. Then the people coaching would actually have to coach and get the best out of the team instead of just buying the best team. Bring it on.

Ubiquitous said:
And what pride and a sense of accomplishment that would give you - absolute and irrefutable proof that you could sign a cheque better than anyone else. I've heard that the one of the legends of the club who had been handling senior football walked out last year in protest at the 180 turn in Strathy's position on senior football from the philosophy they had been working to the few years prior to that. Isn't there anybody there prepared to see it like it is?

who is this so-called legend that walked out?

bricksta said:
Oh lets not forget that K carey played as a junior and under D Tankcard a couple of years ago along with J Darzio, also J Morris who is at Werribee but will be back on and off.
Lets see how many other juniors have played in the last 2 years and are still in contention, P Clemente, N Pearson, N Kovac ( the last 2 are under 18s who have played and will play seniors again this year)
Tony and aberdareadereadoetyweoy you both have a passion for Strathmore and you should know better than to start something that yo guys can not finish with out the correct information.:thumbsu: :eek:

N. Pearson came across to Douttas from West Coburg at the start of U16s. Also in that group came Jelal Sleiman(Roxburgh Park) and has since played for Oak Park and now RP again, Dean D'orazio(Westmeadows), Liam McGorry(Moonee Valley) and one or two others.

TonyCampbell06 said:
who is this so-called legend that walked out?

So Tony stop avoiding the question. Where is Strathmores money comming from? A few people seem to think that it is comming from Hilles home extensions? If this is not true where is it comming from?

And do the have a plan for when all the money is gone? Let me know because as you said YOU are in the know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

juliand said:
So Tony stop avoiding the question. Where is Strathmores money comming from? A few people seem to think that it is comming from Hilles home extensions? If this is not true where is it comming from?

And do the have a plan for when all the money is gone? Let me know because as you said YOU are in the know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nah, you're convinced it's coming from there! :thumbsdown:

juliand said:

Come Tony, fair is fair SON...please inform the football world now what is going on down at lebo reserve....:confused:

TonyCampbell06 said:
mokbel only gets involved with clubs like west coburg EDFL MAN! :p

Yes l hear they are quiet upset that he has taken off....I can assure you he has never step foot in that place.....:p

No need to get dirty on the world Tony, Strathmore lost on the weekend and it wont be there last time they lose this year!
Chin up next contested SON!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey edfl man i hope your not being smart about the 2 brothers who have now past on they were respected by a lot of people who i know for a fact come on here and read the threads and wouldnt be happy if someone was being smart about a friend that has passed on as for mokbel its believed that he threw money at west coburg but having a few good mates there i believe that people close to him were involved there plus a few cousins and nephews play there so his name just keeps poping up and that is another subject that should be left alone especially knowing you play at west coburg

EDFL MAN said:
God bless there sweet hearts.......:p

Tune into the your E.D.F.L Program
ESSENDON DISTRICT KNOWS FOOTBALL

WEDS on Channel 31 @ 6:30pm - 7:30pm weekly.
Blockbusting show tonight!!!

- Plenty of MATCH Footage from many Round 4 matches from
Doutta's Stars win over Strathmore, Abers win over E.Keilor & West Coburg's win over Marby.
- PREVIEW of all the upcoming Round 5 matches,
- Hille's Home Extension JuniorCam with Jack Scott,
- and much more..........
Dennis Bicer and Rocky Iannello on Panel this week.

PROUDLY SPONSORED BY - Hille's Home Extensions - Binks Ford -
La Porchetta (Niddrie & Watergardens) and Travisty Clothing.

EDFL MAN said:
I have the answer. Mokbel left a little behind for the Mores....''Give something back to the community" :eek: :D
Strathmore just do it as white collar crime!!!!!!!!! Like the loan they got to build there clubrooms with the city of Moonee Valley and pay something like $200 bucks a year to pay of the renovations!!!!!

touch of class said:
hey edfl man i hope your not being smart about the 2 brothers who have now past on they were respected by a lot of people who i know for a fact come on here and read the threads and wouldnt be happy if someone was being smart about a friend that has passed on as for mokbel its believed that he threw money at west coburg but having a few good mates there i believe that people close to him were involved there plus a few cousins and nephews play there so his name just keeps poping up and that is another subject that should be left alone especially knowing you play at west coburg

Listen here TOC...are you looking to a pick a fight, if so go else where champ.
It clearly stated in my last post l did not mention names or point fingers, as for west coburg he never threw money at them...thats called hear say my friend there is a difference!
Yeah l do play for west coburg and lm proud of it, born and breed there.

juliand said:

Stop s**t stirring JulianD, everyone KNOWS who the major backer is. To be fair, I think he was always chipping in, now he's just shovelling it in! Also, to suggest its in any way shonky via the tax office would be way off. If you can afford to dump a truckload of the stuff every year, you would almost certainly be paying out to the bean counters to make it all right and tight. The man is an egomaniac, not completely stupid. As to where they'll go when the cash dries up, we all KNOW that too. One thing you have to say about the Strathmore crowd in general, they enjoy a footy season or two no matter where the A Grade finishes - they do put a lot of focus on the juniors as well.

bricksta said:
Oh lets not forget that K carey played as a junior and under D Tankcard a couple of years ago along with J Darzio, also J Morris who is at Werribee but will be back on and off.
Lets see how many other juniors have played in the last 2 years and are still in contention, P Clemente, N Pearson, N Kovac ( the last 2 are under 18s who have played and will play seniors again this year)
Tony and aberdareadereadoetyweoy you both have a passion for Strathmore and you should know better than to start something that yo guys can not finish with out the correct information.:thumbsu: :eek:

Oh please Carey a Douttas boy. Streching it a bit I think. J.Darazio westmeadows/wagga import. J.Morris great douttas kid but playing at werribee. N.Kovan nice kid but no chance of playing 1's. Hopefully Pearson will play next time. Maybe Mores can get Scott West back in the june break.

hey edfl man im not trying to pick a fight i was saying that it would be disrespectful to be smart about people who have passed on and also syated that the money given to west coburg which was sponsorship money came from sources close to the most wanted man in australia not the actual man himself

juliand said:
Strathmore just do it as white collar crime!!!!!!!!! Like the loan they got to build there clubrooms with the city of Moonee Valley and pay something like $200 bucks a year to pay of the renovations!!!!!

Wish it was $200 a year. MVC will be paid back in full for new clubrooms. How much did Douttas, Abers, Moonee Valley pay for theirs. I think the rate payers picked up that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back