EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reports on numbers for club turnouts for pre-season training last night?

Airport West had about 40 including 18's about 5 new faces and about another 10 at least that i could name off the top off my head who r 100% 4 next yr who weren't there. Eggers has set the tone for the yr from day 1 putting us through a 3km time trial then bout 5 mins rest and into a beep test really gruelling session but the boys are lovin it Captain Mcveigh and Mick Martyn being the first 2 home in the 3k and last 2 standing in the beep test all is set for a huge year watch out the eagles are in flight:D :D :D

Airport West had about 40 including 18's about 5 new faces and about another 10 at least that i could name off the top off my head who r 100% 4 next yr who weren't there. Eggers has set the tone for the yr from day 1 putting us through a 3km time trial then bout 5 mins rest and into a beep test really gruelling session but the boys are lovin it Captain Mcveigh and Mick Martyn being the first 2 home in the 3k and last 2 standing in the beep test all is set for a huge year watch out the eagles are in flight:D :D :D

OFF THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD, NAME THE MAGIC 10 THAT WEREN'T THERE AND THE 4 THAT WERE :confused:

OFF THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD, NAME THE MAGIC 10 THAT WEREN'T THERE AND THE 4 THAT WERE :confused:

Collyer, Cacapardo, Bruno, Piccolo, Beaver, barclay, Bullock, Allport, Perko, Sharky, Chips. All im pretty sure weren't there.

Cam eaton, Pangallo brothers , And a blonde bloke walsh i think not 100% if thats his name so theres 11 blokes of who prob 9 are certain starters and a couple who when in form would be there plus cam eaton a definite inclusion to the senior side n 3 blokes i dont really know enough about to comment on

Good numbers for Abers on their run around river. Quite a few young players. Story is new coach Geoff Kinniburg has attracted quite a few players from under 18 glory days where they won 4 flags.

Pascoe Vale had 30/35 down there last night. Matthew Baird from Sunbury (I think) has signed at the Panthers, whilst Brent Purcell has returned. A couple of ex-Strathmore 18's players came down as well.

Great pick up Baird from Sunbury, can play....along with the return of Meacham and what was up forward this year, pacco look a formidable unit.....:thumbsu:

putting us through a 3km time trial then bout 5 mins rest and into a beep test really gruelling session.

Im no expert but that seems really silly and unnecessary at this stage of the year.
What would you benefit drom doing a time trial with a beep test immeadieatly following it?
Particuarly so early in the pre-season.

Im no expert but that seems really silly and unnecessary at this stage of the year.
What would you benefit drom doing a time trial with a beep test immeadieatly following it?
Particuarly so early in the pre-season.

Beep tests fair enough to see where you are at at this stage of pre season.... but after a 3km time trial!! ludicrous..... false reading... how can you possibly obtain your best result after that??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe to bench mark where everyone has started so you can measure who's been putting in the hard work when the next one is done. Pretty standard thing. AFL clubs do it http://kangaroos.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=302243

we werent disputing the fact that they are doing time trials or beep tests alone. They are good measures of where someone is at aerobically. But to combine them into one session is pointless as you cant get an accurate reading for the second test. Your body is already half mcfu$%ed!

Rumourfile:

Abers coach Geoff Kinniburgh flies to Perth to enter negotiations wth Glen Jakovich to combat Wayne Carey's possible signing with Doutta Stars!

Good numbers for Abers on their run around river. Quite a few young players. Story is new coach Geoff Kinniburgh has attracted quite a few players from the Under 18 glory days where they won 4 flags.

Partially true. Numbers have been reasonable and blend of old and new faces is pleasing. The "few players" quoted above is hardly accurate as several current senior players were already part of the previous U18 successes for the club. And its worthy of noting that the Under 18s played off in seven Grand Finals from 1998-2004, the last five of which were played consecutively. The five in a row is a confirmed EDFL record yet to be repeated by any club in this age group.

we werent disputing the fact that they are doing time trials or beep tests alone. They are good measures of where someone is at aerobically. But to combine them into one session is pointless as you cant get an accurate reading for the second test. Your body is already half mcfu$%ed!

Agreed but it aint that much running 3k wat 1qtr of footy. Beep test(20mtr shuttle run) with our average being about level 10 or 11 say about 10 intervals in between each level (eg level 5.1, 5.2) so more some less but would average out at about that so say we make level 11.
11 times 10= 110 times 20= 2.2km that was only about 5k or so of running so realistically we trained for 1 half of footy dont think to dramatic a start if u ask me.;) ;)

Partially true. Numbers have been reasonable and blend of old and new faces is pleasing. The "few players" quoted above is hardly accurate as several current senior players were already part of the previous U18 successes for the club. And its worthy of noting that the Under 18s played off in seven Grand Finals from 1998-2004, the last five of which were played consecutively. The five in a row is a confirmed EDFL record yet to be repeated by any club in this age group.

That is an impressive record but means jack if the seniors don't start reaping the rewards.

Agreed but it aint that much running 3k wat 1qtr of footy. Beep test(20mtr shuttle run) with our average being about level 10 or 11 say about 10 intervals in between each level (eg level 5.1, 5.2) so more some less but would average out at about that so say we make level 11.
11 times 10= 110 times 20= 2.2km that was only about 5k or so of running so realistically we trained for 1 half of footy dont think to dramatic a start if u ask me.;) ;)

Knackers, could that post have been anymore confusing. Bit tough for first night of pre-season to do a time trial, followed by a beep test.

Maybe the time trial only and inform the crew that a beep test is on the way before xmas and maybe first night back to assess fitness......:thumbsu:

Knackers.... i think you have missed my point. Not trying to sound like a broken record. Sure doing both is good for you aerobically no question.

BUT the purpose of tests such as these are to measure your aerobic fitness. You should only run 1 such test in one night otherwise it defeats the purpose of testing and you will obtain a false result (one you perhaps could have performed better in)

There are other ways of doing it... but all the same hope all is going well.

Knackers.... i think you have missed my point. Not trying to sound like a broken record. Sure doing both is good for you aerobically no question.

BUT the purpose of tests such as these are to measure your aerobic fitness. You should only run 1 such test in one night otherwise it defeats the purpose of testing and you will obtain a false result (one you perhaps could have performed better in)

There are other ways of doing it... but all the same hope all is going well.

drop it you pack or A R S E wipes,

beeps tests in an EDFL grade side ??? if that is not stupid enough, doing the test in November,

move on it is a stupid thing to do,

beeps tests in an EDFL grade side ??? if that is not stupid enough, doing the test in November,

Beep tests are all part of pre-season training pilly.......its training before xmas for local footy thats been my bug bear. There would only be 2% of all palyers that would continue training through the xmas break.

Local footballers should be fit and raring to go starting training late jan through to kick off in mid april.

Two "get together" sessions before xmas are the way to go i reckon....just my opinion though.....:thumbsu: !!

Your right PP - beep tests in these grades especially in pre xmas training is a total waste of time. especially after a 3 k time trial - defeats the purpose of the beep test in the first place.

do it maybe 3-4 weeks out before the season starts to see where your players are at.. and do it before they have ran 3k so you know there true results.

Beep tests are all part of pre-season training pilly.......its training before xmas for local footy thats been my bug bear. There would only be 2% of all palyers that would continue training through the xmas break.

Local footballers should be fit and raring to go starting training late jan through to kick off in mid april.

Two "get together" sessions before xmas are the way to go i reckon....just my opinion though.....:thumbsu: !!

Sorry young fella, there is just no place for a beep test at a B grade club, not not after the break not at all.

If you are saying it is a part of a changing world, I hope not !!!

it is just as well you are in the twilight, and not starting out, doubt you would have ever got a game:p

Then again is that the reason Geelong overlooked you in the draft ??? heard about you need for a piss up before christmas rather than training :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back