EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
General you are obviously a doutta's man or pretend to be?
You seem to have a fair understanding of what happens behind the scenes down at doutta land. I wouldn't call myself a fan of doutta's, but in saying that i would like to see the boys do well. Could you please answer my previous question, if you know the answer of coarse about Liam Turner? Have you had contact with him to let him know that he won't be getting a release, and or has he agreed to stay as i have been told? Your answer would be appreciated. p.s sorry for calling you an ass monkey as i was told you were someone else turns out joke was on me.:cool:

General / PKing If I can just clear up 1 thing about Liam. He is no longer a required player at Westmeadows. While I am not in the inner sanctum at the club I am close enough to those who are to know this is the case.

The relevance of this fact may be mute, as General has indicated they were never going to clear him, however the club's (Westmeadows) decision not to pursue Liam was based more on his poor attitude to training and his general approach. An approach Westmeadows felt was not up to the standards the club had set for their players. If his approach is in line with the expectation Douta Stars have on their players then I believe it will be a long year at Buckley Park.

Westmeadows dissapointment in the early discussions regarding Liam were based around the fact that Liam was released to Douta Stars while contracted to Westmeadows in "Good Faith" on the premise that the favour would be returned should Liam wish to return. They failed to live up to their end of the bargin which is dissapointing.

Lesson's learned. Westmeadows will never again release any registered and contracted player which is dissapointing for "Community Football"

General / PKing If I can just clear up 1 thing about Liam. He is no longer a required player at Westmeadows. While I am not in the inner sanctum at the club I am close enough to those who are to know this is the case.

The relevance of this fact may be mute, as General has indicated they were never going to clear him, however the club's (Westmeadows) decision not to pursue Liam was based more on his poor attitude to training and his general approach. An approach Westmeadows felt was not up to the standards the club had set for their players. If his approach is in line with the expectation Douta Stars have on their players then I believe it will be a long year at Buckley Park.

Westmeadows dissapointment in the early discussions regarding Liam were based around the fact that Liam was released to Douta Stars while contracted to Westmeadows in "Good Faith" on the premise that the favour would be returned should Liam wish to return. They failed to live up to their end of the bargin which is dissapointing.

Lesson's learned. Westmeadows will never again release any registered and contracted player which is dissapointing for "Community Football"

gday mindbender, i have some questions for you.

• Who did you apporach at Doutta Stars to ask for a release from his "signed contract"?
  • What reasons were you going to give Doutta Stars to release him?
  • What reasons did he give you to go back to Westmeadows?
  • What is wrong with the boys attitude?
All valid questions, i am not sticking up for the Club here but if you are going to discuss things like this in an open forum and make statements then please answer the above, if you want you can send me a private message to take this off line..:thumbsu:

Looking at the ins for Oak Park seem to have picked up a few from country leagues & from SFL powerhouse St Kilda city as well as a bloke from the bullants.. does anyone know anything about these players, are they going to be senior players or just making up numbers

Southern Football League (Vic) (St Kilda City)Oak ParkA'Vard, John
Oak ParkCentral Murray (BALRANALD)Coates, Sam

Murray Football League (Tocumwal)Oak ParkCrawford, Ashley
Southern Football League (Vic) (St Kilda City)Oak ParkHamilton, Jason
Riverina Football League (GGGM)Oak ParkKiley, WesleyV.F.L. (Preston Bullants)Oak ParkRaso, Frank
Raso captain of the bullants the last 3 years bringing more with him, rest should play agrade oakers have 70 training watch this space,cashmores coach spotted down there last week taking notes in his car,new coaches, plenty of recruits great kids coming through oakers on the march again.watch out knob gobblers.

gday mindbender, i have some questions for you.
  • Who did you apporach at Doutta Stars to ask for a release from his "signed contract"?
  • What reasons were you going to give Doutta Stars to release him?
  • What reasons did he give you to go back to Westmeadows?
  • What is wrong with the boys attitude?
All valid questions, i am not sticking up for the Club here but if you are going to discuss things like this in an open forum and make statements then please answer the above, if you want you can send me a private message to take this off line..:thumbsu:

G'day Bricksta....thanks alot for the questions. No problems to answer them in an open forum. The invitation for a private chat is also welcomed.

• Who did you apporach at Doutta Stars to ask for a release from his "signed contract"? I don't think it is apporpriate to mention names in relation to this issue but clearly it was with decion makers at the club.
  • What reasons were you going to give Doutta Stars to release him? I think the reason's don't need to be explained here. Should be pretty obvious really.
  • What reasons did he give you to go back to Westmeadows? He felt it was time for Westmeadows to take the next step. Given the results they had in 2007 he felt he may be able to contribute to that effort.
  • What is wrong with the boys attitude? Well this is quite subjective I believe. Obviously he is a fit young guy with mountains of potential. It was hoped that he would bring an A Grade flavour to the club and impart a work ethic, which the younger members of the team could learn from. Raise the bar and the expectations. He is an influential guy who people like to follow. Unfortunatley he did not live up to the expectations the club had.
My post was not a direct swipe at an individual. Liam is a great bloke, talented footballer and obviously much sort after player. I was, in a way trying to highlight the fact that gentlemens agreements between clubs are a thing of the past. This is a shame. He was released from a contract to move to Doutta Stars in the hope that he would better himself, learn what it takes to be an A Grade footballer and share that knowledge back at the club where he grew up. The deal was sealed with a handshake.

Might be time for the leauge, the clubs and the players to do a reality check and realize this is local footy. Not the AFL. There are some players who like to challenge them selves and play at a higher level which is great, but if they decided they would like to have a kick with there mates....lets be realistic.

In saying all that Doutta's did nothing wrong and as stated a number of times, the contract was signed. It's just time for Westmeadows to get with the program I guess.

General can you confirm the signings that have been posted on the other site, john barnes, al faraj and david caccomo. sorry about the spelling. and who else is to come.
also i saw harry and bish are playing elsewhere this year after sitting last year out, did d.s try to hold onto them??
Yes these are all confirm.............Liem wont be getting cleared and i dont know if the club has spoken to him yet.

G'day Bricksta....thanks alot for the questions. No problems to answer them in an open forum. The invitation for a private chat is also welcomed.
  • Who did you apporach at Doutta Stars to ask for a release from his "signed contract"? I don't think it is apporpriate to mention names in relation to this issue but clearly it was with decion makers at the club.
  • What reasons were you going to give Doutta Stars to release him? I think the reason's don't need to be explained here. Should be pretty obvious really.
  • What reasons did he give you to go back to Westmeadows? He felt it was time for Westmeadows to take the next step. Given the results they had in 2007 he felt he may be able to contribute to that effort.
  • What is wrong with the boys attitude? Well this is quite subjective I believe. Obviously he is a fit young guy with mountains of potential. It was hoped that he would bring an A Grade flavour to the club and impart a work ethic, which the younger members of the team could learn from. Raise the bar and the expectations. He is an influential guy who people like to follow. Unfortunatley he did not live up to the expectations the club had.
My post was not a direct swipe at an individual. Liam is a great bloke, talented footballer and obviously much sort after player. I was, in a way trying to highlight the fact that gentlemens agreements between clubs are a thing of the past. This is a shame. He was released from a contract to move to Doutta Stars in the hope that he would better himself, learn what it takes to be an A Grade footballer and share that knowledge back at the club where he grew up. The deal was sealed with a handshake.

Might be time for the leauge, the clubs and the players to do a reality check and realize this is local footy. Not the AFL. There are some players who like to challenge them selves and play at a higher level which is great, but if they decided they would like to have a kick with there mates....lets be realistic.

In saying all that Doutta's did nothing wrong and as stated a number of times, the contract was signed. It's just time for Westmeadows to get with the program I guess.

It would be interesting if an issue like this ended up in the courts. Is the contract a legal binding document? And then the issue of restraint of trade might also come into the matter? Could turn nasty especially if a cashed up club was willing to fight and could afford a good QC!!!

I think his record speaks for itself premierships best and fairests runner up four times in comp medals been of afl lists your opinion speaks for itself Dudmac.
Ah yet another muppet with his half arsed opinion which i couldn't give 2 flying ****s about.
I ,ean what the hell is this u blokes take in turns down there to have a cry on here coz somebody puts something out there u don't like the sound of.

ONYA BIKE NUFFY

Ah yet another muppet with his half arsed opinion which i couldn't give 2 flying ****s about.
I ,ean what the hell is this u blokes take in turns down there to have a cry on here coz somebody puts something out there u don't like the sound of.

ONYA BIKE NUFFY
With assumptions like yours i would'nt be calling people Nuffies. Nuff Nuff.

It would be interesting if an issue like this ended up in the courts. Is the contract a legal binding document? And then the issue of restraint of trade might also come into the matter? Could turn nasty especially if a cashed up club was willing to fight and could afford a good QC!!!

The more i read on this site i realise that most of the people who post on here are not from this planet.
ITS LOCAL FOOTY WHY WOULD THEY GO TO COURT..!

ITS SIMPLE - If you sign a contract to play footy for a club, you play footy for that club.

What about this and what about that, players get looked after well every season by getting paid to play the game they love. Must be tough!!!!!:mad::cool::thumbsu:

He is an influential guy who people like to follow.
quote]

Your gagging me right?? If Liam Turner is now a influential person who others like to follow ?if thats the case you have to seriously consider the mentality of the people down at Westy. This comment almost made me spew up in my Weet Bix, I never known a bloke to talk more dribble than Liam and the fact that he looks like a cancer patient on his 3rd round of chemo shows what he likes to do with his past time. What does the guy weigh now?? 50kgs?? could probably get a gig doing trackwork for Rich Hore-Lacey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is an influential guy who people like to follow.
quote]

Your gagging me right?? If Liam Turner is now a influential person who others like to follow ?if thats the case you have to seriously consider the mentality of the people down at Westy. This comment almost made me spew up in my Weet Bix, I never known a bloke to talk more dribble than Liam and the fact that he looks like a cancer patient on his 3rd round of chemo shows what he likes to do with his past time. What does the guy weigh now?? 50kgs?? could probably get a gig doing trackwork for Rich Hore-Lacey.

Thanks for backing up my argument moron. Would appear you have been following him around yourself given the intimate knowledge you have.

Button it idiot. You are out of your depth.

Bender, if you are not already in politics you should consider a career in it after that reply to Bricksta's questions.

Said a lot without actually saying anything........................

The powers to be in local footy need to look at the transfer situation....

If a player signed a contract mid season and then decides he wants to leave to play at another club at the end of the year (not in the same league) then it should be automatic...:thumbsu:

If it is the same league then the clubs should be able to work something out, where is local footy heading....:confused:

If they don't owe the club money.....let em go!!

Big bad Aaron Willoughby signed up at Abers, good pick up for them, will hold down CHB.
Will he play against that magnificent specimen of unabashed manhood in our own TC 26 as i hear on the grape vine that he cant get on the track because of constant problems with his spindly legs .

ARE WE BACKING OUR SELF FOR THE FLAG NOW?
MIGHT BE A GOOD MATCH UP..KADE WILL GIVE HIM A TOUCH UP !!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you on about?? Kade and Willa would be a good match up but I think the big fella would prefer someone who can only run in straight lines :thumbsu:. Willa will direct traffic well from the back half, will be the general out there which is what a young Abers side probably need.

What are you on about?? Kade and Willa would be a good match up but I think the big fella would prefer someone who can only run in straight lines :thumbsu:. Willa will direct traffic well from the back half, will be the general out there which is what a young Abers side probably need.
Sorry champ..theirs only the one General and thats me.:thumbsu:

Would love to kno of anything heard about a player apparently going to moonee valley.
jaryd hamilton down from the redland bombers in qld...?
anyone kno wat he' like n why hes at the valley?:confused:

Just noticed on the EDFL Clearances that Mark Mercuri has asked to be cleared to KP :confused:

Surely not ???

How many games did he step out for at APW, 3 ??

Sure to be a boom for KP if he is fairdinkum,

What chance is he to play ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back