EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah thats what I'd think too but thats apparantly whats happening...better check the fine print and maybe go easy on the recruiting cos you might be paying some legal fees.

Also, just want to set something straight regarding Aberfeldie and Douttas. I have heard a lot of Douttas people blaming Abers for them being docked points a few years back for playing an ungeristered player...NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!! It was obviously the EDFL's decision and Abers did not persuade anyone about taking points off!

The story was that Stan the Man Pettet did the ring around of some of the more SENIOR Club Presidents at the time to canvass their thoughts as DSFC had played a guy who was not cleared from Eaglehawk. Though this was explained as an oversight by a bloke not completing the clearance form correctly and not an attempt to play someone underhandedly (Damien Lock was named correctly on the teamsheets in the games he played) several of the Presidents insisted that the EDFL strip the club of it's points, even though a precedent had been set in past seasons by other clubs doing the same.

John Larkins was one of the Presidents INSISTING that the EDFL deduct the points. A fine Moonee Valley Citizen of 2008 he is!

The story was that Stan the Man Pettet did the ring around of some of the more SENIOR Club Presidents at the time to canvass their thoughts as DSFC had played a guy who was not cleared from Eaglehawk. Though this was explained as an oversight by a bloke not completing the clearance form correctly and not an attempt to play someone underhandedly (Damien Lock was named correctly on the teamsheets in the games he played) several of the Presidents insisted that the EDFL strip the club of it's points, even though a precedent had been set in past seasons by other clubs doing the same.

John Larkins was one of the Presidents INSISTING that the EDFL deduct the points. A fine Moonee Valley Citizen of 2008 he is!

You are so wrong haha! Seems that everyone at Douttas has been led up the garden path! If you spoke to him (which i do regularly) then you'd know that he was sympathetic as it was clearly not deliberate...but if you really want to know the truth then go up and approach him about it instead of sniping the bloke on here. He'd be more than happy to give you the full story...if you were at Deluxe bar last week then you'd have seen him ejoying a beer with his mate Johnno, should have asked him then.

[/b]

You are so wrong haha! Seems that everyone at Douttas has been led up the garden path! If you spoke to him (which i do regularly) then you'd know that he was sympathetic as it was clearly not deliberate...but if you really want to know the truth then go up and approach him about it instead of sniping the bloke on here. He'd be more than happy to give you the full story...if you were at Deluxe bar last week then you'd have seen him ejoying a beer with his mate Johnno, should have asked him then.

You brought the subject up mate and he will of course always deny anything to the contrary. Douttas know which clubs were baying for blood as they got the word from the EDFL later on.

see you at The Deluxe Bar................

You brought the subject up mate and he will of course always deny anything to the contrary. Douttas know which clubs were baying for blood as they got the word from the EDFL later on.

see you at The Deluxe Bar................

Your basing your opinion on a 'story' while I base mine on speaking to the bloke.

A little birdie told me that a doutta stars 1's player from this year is taking the club to court. It is to do with Douttas not paying medical fees after a major injury early in the year...should be able to work out who it is. Anyone else shed some more light on this one?

I got extremely pissed at the footy club one night and missed two days work suffering from a servere pumpkin. I am now going to sue the club for lose of wages and the addition of an extra inch around my mid rift.....

If this went to court and the player won it would be the end of local football.

Give me a spell.

I'm with you there Nemo. I'll think you'll find that the player spoken about, is more disillusioned with how the Insurance group work out what they should or shouldn't be paying. There is a policy payment made to an Insurance group that have tiered membership. When the player put his claim in, he wasn't covered for as much as what he & the Club thought he would be. The player in question is a quality young man, so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Hey Sierra , sometimes some comments come back to bit you on your arse.
Marby didnt win the flag , but did win quite a few games finished 5th and did win a BEST & FAIREST and RUNNER UP!

And your point?

Spent a large of money for no result, maybe just a few egos bruised I would say including yours Mick!!

Well done to the boys in the medal count much deserved 2 quality players, shame a couple of the other imports who came with big wallets and egos did not have the same commitment and work ethic.

Tried you best this year and simply not good enough, will be even harder next year.

And your point?

Spent a large of money for no result, maybe just a few egos bruised I would say including yours Mick!!

Well done to the boys in the medal count much deserved 2 quality players, shame a couple of the other imports who came with big wallets and egos did not have the same commitment and work ethic.

Tried you best this year and simply not good enough, will be even harder next year.

The Point is that your comments were
Have they won a game yet?
Have they got A grade BF winner?

Did you forget these comments Goose!
No egos bruised pal ,just your stupid comments made!

How did your team go this year?

I got extremely pissed at the footy club one night and missed two days work suffering from a servere pumpkin. I am now going to sue the club for lose of wages and the addition of an extra inch around my mid rift.....

If this went to court and the player won it would be the end of local football.

Give me a spell.

can see what your on about NEMO but getting injured playing footy and boozing on a saturday afternoon are two different things fish boy, and your mid rift well get off it fish guts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Point is that your comments were
Have they won a game yet?
Have they got A grade BF winner?

Did you forget these comments Goose!
No egos bruised pal ,just your stupid comments made!

How did your team go this year?

Same as yours did not play in finals!!! LOL

What has he done for Aberfeldie since he has been at the helm?

stop stirring the pot johno.

and also can u tell the bouncers to let some people into deluxe bar. seriously there is no point trying to lift the standard of the area when there is no higher class of person around to attract to your bar.

let us all in and big jl can answer all these nonesense allegations.

jason johnson signed at greenvale too so hope douttas didnt sign john barnes on the promise of getting some ex-essendon boys.

can see what your on about NEMO but getting injured playing footy and boozing on a saturday afternoon are two different things fish boy, and your mid rift well get off it fish guts.

Now now Billyboy, my point is that if a club has to pay for the out of pocket costs for all who got injured playing, it could run into the tens of thousands.

People choose to play footy and know the risks involved. If your insurance has a big gap or you don't have income insurance why should the club be held accountable.

Now now Billyboy, my point is that if a club has to pay for the out of pocket costs for all who got injured playing, it could run into the tens of thousands.

People choose to play footy and know the risks involved. If your insurance has a big gap or you don't have income insurance why should the club be held accountable.

Before all this big spending to win premierships, when blokes just used to play with their mates. We'd all get together with a few kegs and a BBQ on a lazy Sunday arvo and tip what ever was made into the injured player's pockets........where have those days gone??

In other Bendigo League news the departures from Gisborne have started with ace midfielder and Michelsen Medalist Matt Fitzgerald committing to play with Essendon League club Strathmore. Fitzgerald a star for the Dogs over a number of years is expected to be the first of many moving on from Gardiner Reserve following four Premierships since 2002 and a Preliminary Final finish this season.

Just found this on centralvicfooty.com. Strathmore trying to make amends to this years disappointing result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back