EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Travvy43 said:
Just missed their wrap on strathmore, only caught the show from when they were talking about Greenvale onwards.

When talking about greenvale though they were saying that they have picked up 6-7 quality players, but then said strathmore though had maybe picked up 11 quality players.

What did make me laugh though was that Marby Park had Murphy on their departures list, he never played there last year.

thanks mate. how long did they talk about marby??? i reckon they talk more about b grade than a grade on that show.

TonyCampbell06 said:
travvy43, what was said about strathmore? interested to hear what pillios has to say about them
not shore who said it on the show but one bloke said they would be the shortest prize fav to go undefeated and win flag in history.said the 14 blokes they pick up would be walk up starts in any team(don't agree)

Travvy43 said:
Just missed their wrap on strathmore, only caught the show from when they were talking about Greenvale onwards.

When talking about greenvale though they were saying that they have picked up 6-7 quality players, but then said strathmore though had maybe picked up 11 quality players.

What did make me laugh though was that Marby Park had Murphy on their departures list, he never played there last year.

travvy.. thats because he had signed with Marby, and then when he decided to go to Heidelberg he had to be signed from Marby to H'berg.

bronco27 said:
not shore who said it on the show but one bloke said they would be the shortest prize fav to go undefeated and win flag in history.said the 14 blokes they pick up would be walk up starts in any team(don't agree)

i think everyone is really putting strathmore on a pedestal here. if their best 22 work together and play for each other, then they may well go undefeated. but keilor round one is always a tough task. the unfurling of the flag could be a reminder and motivator for the mores. get down to lebanon reserve on saturday for a great day of local footy.

EDFL MAN said:
Nothing has happened WRFL Fan, sometimes messages can come across the wrong way and are percieved the wrong way!!! :eek: :thumbsu:
Two different people Gotheroos and WRFLfan, honestly. I think because we are mates, we share the same views and stick by each other

TonyCampbell06 said:
i think everyone is really putting strathmore on a pedestal here. if their best 22 work together and play for each other, then they may well go undefeated. but keilor round one is always a tough task. the unfurling of the flag could be a reminder and motivator for the mores. get down to lebanon reserve on saturday for a great day of local footy.

No sure things in any level of footy, including EDFL. John Rombotis can't think of anything smart to say and just says the first thing that pops into his head. No way will Strathmore go undefeated.

TonyCampbell06 said:
i think everyone is really putting strathmore on a pedestal here. if their best 22 work together and play for each other, then they may well go undefeated.

Noticed a few Straty people on here of late trying to ease the pressure. As they said on the Footy Show last night, they are the hottest favourites and most expensive EDFL team ever. They have recruited sensationally. Anything short of the flag has to been seen as a failure as was said last night.

Ps They will beat Keilor by 5+ on the weekend

Doutta's V G'vale will be a cracker. Match of the round. Less than a kick in it I reckon. G'vale copped a few injuries from last week V Darley which was a tough game. Carey and Hehir will be key's for Doutta's while G'vale will be hoping Brigg's, Paxo, and Bakoulas get on top on the big ground

Oakers/Abers will a fantastic game

Even C'burn V Keilor Park will be a super game and could mean plenty come the end of the year

Gez03 said:
Nice throw off there EDFL man, but I believe it is news when 2 of your best players are punching on a week out from the first game.

Not all Gez03, the facts are the player X was king hit by a new player at the club. :thumbsdown:

Jett said:
Noticed a few Straty people on here of late trying to ease the pressure. As they said on the Footy Show last night, they are the hottest favourites and most expensive EDFL team ever. They have recruited sensationally. Anything short of the flag has to been seen as a failure as was said last night.

jett, they have every right to be favourites. they are the reigning premiers if you haven't realised. greenvale of 2004 must have been just as expensive as strathmore 2006! bicer, paxman, bakoulas, tate etc. weren't playing for peanuts! and they are the hottest favourites BEFORE round 1. lets all sit back and chat come 6pm on saturday nite!

Jett said:

Ps They will beat Keilor by 5+ on the weekend

Doutta's V G'vale will be a cracker. Match of the round. Less than a kick in it I reckon. G'vale copped a few injuries from last week V Darley which was a tough game. Carey and Hehir will be key's for Doutta's while G'vale will be hoping Brigg's, Paxo, and Bakoulas get on top on the big ground

Oakers/Abers will a fantastic game

Even C'burn V Keilor Park will be a super game and could mean plenty come the end of the year

I like your thinking Jett, but i think that Keilor will surprise this week lets not forget about how good a "team" they are....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bricksta said:
I like your thinking Jett, but i think that Keilor will surprise this week lets not forget about how good a "team" they are....

Have to agree there bricksta, Keilor didn't even get out of second gear in the night comp while they rotated there bench like clock work.
The key this year for keilor: T.Paterson (When fit he is unstopable)

bricksta said:

bricksta, you are obviously a strathmore hater. all you do is come on and bag them. why is this so? through your posts, you seem to be a doutta stars supporter. i believe they spent reasonably big last year (gathercole, knight, power/s, lock)

gazza12 said:
this player in question who king hit his team mate at west coburg has he gone to another edfl club anyone no

Not sure on the outcome from the club, l think the player that king hit the other player was not sacked!!!!!

EDFL MAN said:
Not sure on the outcome from the club, l think the player that king hit the other player was not sacked!!!!!

Surely this cn't be correct ???

The new player, with no track record, no real alliance has not been put off,

Sounds like a case of the tail wagging the dog ???

TonyCampbell06 said:
bricksta, you are obviously a strathmore hater. all you do is come on and bag them. why is this so? through your posts, you seem to be a doutta stars supporter. i believe they spent reasonably big last year (gathercole, knight, power/s, lock)

Gday Tony, i am not a hater at all i am actually friends with Nutter and wish him and his team all the best. I havent bagged them and i dont bag anyone.
And i said the other day i am an ex dvfl who lives near douttas and have taken an interest in them, and as for money at Douttas there wasnt much going around from what i have been told, they apperently spent under $100,000 last year and are at the same mark this year.

EDFL MAN said:
Have to agree there bricksta, Keilor didn't even get out of second gear in the night comp while they rotated there bench like clock work.
The key this year for keilor: T.Paterson (When fit he is unstopable)

He will be the recruit of the year for them after missing so much footy last year......:thumbsu:

JAMA said:
Surely this cn't be correct ???

The new player, with no track record, no real alliance has not been put off,

Sounds like a case of the tail wagging the dog ???

Agree with you there JAMA - if thats the case, ordinary performance from the hierarchy....:thumbsdown:

TonyCampbell06 said:
is paterson match fit? is he really as good as the likes of k.carey, m.quinn etc. ?

Anyone that has seen T.Paterson play, would know he would have those blokes cover easy at his best. His great to watch l must admit, we can only hope he is. :thumbsu:

bricksta said:
Can anyone or will anyone name this bloke ??? :confused:

I don't know and even if I did would be not sure if I would post it anyway.

This sort of stuff is best left in house.

Only opens up negative discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back