EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
JAMA said:
No such thing at League level fan man.

The league endorses the AFL fair play initiative and some clubs have tried to put something formal in place with limited success.

Is there soemthing the WRFL uses ??

How could I get a copy of it ??

I would certainly put in place if worthwhile at our club

This whole thing is absurd. Tulla and Oakers are good clubs traditionally at senior level - it's so dissapointing to hear this stuff but it must stop. Poor kids - i'd leave home if i had s h i t man parents carrying on like that.

aberdaberdo said:
By the look of this post you've only just crawled down from the balconey. The problem will never get any better when you've got the likes of this bloke around the EDFL.

hey mate dont get uspet at me cause a doutta star's parent made a wise crack at your mum during your u 18's game. Toughen up mate! Or follow your ex mates to the Tullamarine f.c.

on_the_sidelines said:
Looks like strathmore can dish it out but cant cop it. They have to expect it dont they they spruke about how good they are and how they wont lose a game and all the rest of it and honestly with the recruiting they did they shouldnt have but 4 games in and theres one loss.

And the new gun ruckman had his pants pulled down on the weekend, and as for number 18(mazzeo) ask him how sammy tankards 5 goals were??

i think there are quite a few points to come out of this:

firstly, give doutta stars some credit. They have recruited very very well. While Strathmore have recruited very poorly. I say this because Strathmores saide is about 80k more expensive, and they should be winning more easily than that. I have been around recruiting at football clubs for a while and know it takes hours upon hours to do. You need to get good players for the correct price. And quite often when a player refuses to come for what he is really worth, it speaks volumes about his character. Strathmore simply have the most money, not the best recruiting team.

secondly; Strathmore lost one game. They are a new side and will improve throughout the year.

strathmore v douttas game was a good tough contest, nice little fight between 15- tate strathmore & 1 from douttas when the play was up the other end of the ground, 15 punches no reports. people sooking about the crowd thats local footy if you dont like it stay home. I bet you find it happens at most clubs.

EDFL MAN said:
If that's the case the EDFL (Stan, Ian and Co) have alot to answer for, stamp the crap out now! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
For god sake they are only kids wanting to have fun and play with there mates!
Fine the clubs $500.00, l'm sure it will stop.

a very long time ago i heard that glenroy fc
put a structure into there conduct on game days
with their supports and it worked well
but im not to sure who set the wheel into motion
may have been des or may have even been their coach at the time
as i remember i watched a game with w/cob v's glenroy and it was a
bad day 2 watch we all knew their was tension between the 2 clubs

Aussie_dude said:
i think there are quite a few points to come out of this:

firstly, give doutta stars some credit. They have recruited very very well. While Strathmore have recruited very poorly. I say this because Strathmores saide is about 80k more expensive, and they should be winning more easily than that. I have been around recruiting at football clubs for a while and know it takes hours upon hours to do. You need to get good players for the correct price. And quite often when a player refuses to come for what he is really worth, it speaks volumes about his character. Strathmore simply have the most money, not the best recruiting team.

secondly; Strathmore lost one game. They are a new side and will improve throughout the year.

How do you come up with a figure of 80K more than Douttas. Absolute rubbish you just made it up. Douttas have recruited well no doubt, but they are spending plenty.

JAMA said:
No such thing at League level fan man.

The league endorses the AFL fair play initiative and some clubs have tried to put something formal in place with limited success.

Is there soemthing the WRFL uses ??

How could I get a copy of it ??

I would certainly put in place if worthwhile at our club

I have an 8 y.o cousin who plays in a junior aussie rules football competition in NSW.
In order for him to be allowed play, his parents had to sign agreeing to adhere to a specific code of conduct that parents had to follow within the league....
Non compliance of this conduct not only will get their son kicked out of the team/comp, the parents are also held accountable for their actions and there are ramifications.
Something that VIC leagues must have a look at!

Aussie_dude said:
hey mate dont get uspet at me cause a doutta star's parent made a wise crack at your mum during your u 18's game. Toughen up mate! Or follow your ex mates to the Tullamarine f.c.

Mate my Mums 76 and smart enough to stay away from the rabble in front of the sheds. Obviously know lots about the club as there has been a huge exodus to Tulla.

aberdaberdo said:
Mate my Mums 76 and smart enough to stay away from the rabble in front of the sheds. Obviously know lots about the club as there has been a huge exodus to Tulla.

Hey Aberdaberdo, who's involved in the exodus to Tulla and who are they?

aberdaberdo said:
How do you come up with a figure of 80K more than Douttas. Absolute rubbish you just made it up. Douttas have recruited well no doubt, but they are spending plenty.

Serious i luv the way everyone seems to know who is spending what....no one but the people in the clubs who pay the bills would know :eek:

aberdaberdo said:

strathmore 180k v douttas 100k

they are estimates brickst, but there are not many people here that would contest the fact that Strathmore are paying a truck load more than any other side.

Aussie_dude said:
strathmore 180k v douttas 100k

they are estimates brickst, but there are not many people here that would contest the fact that Strathmore are paying a truck load more than any other side.

So the Mores are paying a truckload more than Greenvale Aussie Dude?
I don't think so!

Pill Polisher said:
Age is spot on

Don't worry when we win the flag, I will buy you a beer !!!!

Tough this week, will need to be tight, small ground, easy for their runners to break and do damage.

Hope we don't go in too tall:cool:

spot on, being to tall hasn't usually been our problem in recent yrs but this week i would say we have 3 possies up for grab between 6 blokes three would be tall and three would be runners. but i think strength is also another factor to consider based on last yr West Coburg smashed us in the wet strong bodies over the ball

be intresting to see if any changers are made this week? will eggers change a side that just won by 14 goals?????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sloth6 said:
Bicer, Bakolous and Paxman would be on that alone

look bicer would be on alot of money and is widely regarded as the best player in the league. He left greenvale at the start of the year because they could get no where near the offer heidelburg made. I believe the heidelburg offer to be about 18k. He would be on a couple hundred less per game at greenvale IMO. It is also widely known that paxman doesnt play for mega bucks. He made alot of money in the afl, and has a good job. Have no idea what bakoulas would be on.

You gotta realise that strathmore are not paying market prices for these players. They almost have unlimited funds, and in turn pay more than they are worth. But if you have the money, its your perogative to use it any way you want. The same thing happens at heidelburg, am im sure the same thing would happen at some EFL clubs, that also have high rollers tipping in some cash.

I dont know if you have been around recruiting yourself, but i can tell you that you always pay players more to get them to your club. The wage subsequently drops in future years. Im sure longy and frasier dont play for the sort of money they could get at a strathmore or heidelburg. Its just the way it works. The people at g/v have probably been there 6 years now.

Aussie_dude said:
i would reakon about, 55k

confirmed numbers from strathmore are $215,000K for this year.
every game costs them just over or under 11K depending on who plays IE: barnard X2 ect.

i heard rumors from douttas powerheads at the bar sat night joking around saturday night telling strathmore people they wish they didnt beat them today because beating them in the granny would have made it so much sweeter.

game on!!

TonyCampbell06 said:
Leeroy20 said:

How can you possibly confirm Leeroy? where are strathmore getting the money from if you can confirm?

All you need to do is get a quote from a business called Hilles Home Extensions. They are around 15% more than any other local business and who is the director of Hilles home extensions?

Leeroy20 said:
every game costs them just over or under 11K depending on who plays IE: barnard X2 ect.

i heard rumors from douttas powerheads at the bar sat night joking around saturday night telling strathmore people they wish they didnt beat them today because beating them in the granny would have made it so much sweeter.

game on!!

To think West Coburg are only spending 45k a year and they still have a fair list for B Grade football! :confused:

Leeroy20 said:

game on!!

Leeroy,

You have got to be kidding!
Your the same bloke that talks up the Kassis brother from East Keilor????
I think you need to get a grip.

Clubs can create their own rivalry without pip squeak comments from the gallery

coreybrown said:
Leeroy,

You have got to be kidding!
Your the same bloke that talks up the Kassis brother from East Keilor????
I think you need to get a grip.

Strathmore and Doutta can create their own rivalry without pip squeak comments from the gallery

no way, you didn't talk up the kassis brothers did you leeroy? talk them up all year in b grade next year mate :p great post corey!

TonyCampbell06 said:
no way, you didn't talk up the kassis brothers did you leeroy? talk them up all year in b grade next year mate :p great post corey!
Tony did you see my reply to your quote about Strathmore? rumour has it at recruiting meetings there was a sign on fee between 1000 and 5000 dollars? Ring and get a quote from Hilles Home extensions and find out where Strathmores money is comming from......He wouldnt be far off the mark!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back