EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe Greenvale started to go backwards when they appointed Chapman as coach he inherited a good list off Shannon Grant and totally destroyed it,i still cant believe why they reappointed him. So many players left the club while he was in charge went totally backwards. The list Bewick was handed was and is ordinary, players who get recruited leave after one year. Maybe the money is no longer there but when you see one point players leaving something is wrong at the club.
From an outsider looking in, when I saw Greenvale games in Chapman’s era he looked to be trying to make it all about him.. picking himself underdone for the grand final, abusing umpires, etc. not to mention the fact that some key players left to become key cogs at rival clubs (Stillman brothers) would be hard for Greenvale to manage.
Can see Bewick being able to turn the tide around if given the time too, their successful coaches have been good strong figures (non-playing) jn Rock, Grant and hopefully Bewick. Chapman and McPhee not so much.

From an outsider looking in, when I saw Greenvale games in Chapman’s era he looked to be trying to make it all about him.. picking himself underdone for the grand final, abusing umpires, etc. not to mention the fact that some key players left to become key cogs at rival clubs (Stillman brothers) would be hard for Greenvale to manage.
Can see Bewick being able to turn the tide around if given the time too, their successful coaches have been good strong figures (non-playing) jn Rock, Grant and hopefully Bewick. Chapman and McPhee not so much.
You can add Steve McPherson’s name to Greenvale’s list of good, strong, successful coaches.

Great win by the Cougars, Such an important win for EK. Greenvale just didn’t have any answers. What a show Grabowski put on, Micallef had the ball on a string.
What was very disappointing to see/hear was the disgusting abuse coming from some of the EK supporters, not a very good look for such a great club

Great win by the Cougars, Such an important win for EK. Greenvale just didn’t have any answers. What a show Grabowski put on, Micallef had the ball on a string.
What was very disappointing to see/hear was the disgusting abuse coming from some of the EK supporters, not a very good look for such a great club
1st post potting EK. Hmm ... sounds legitimate.

First time poster I see lol..

I was there mate, no malice just banter which is a big part of footy. Telling a greenvale player who wears their socks up to pull them down and telling someone else they can’t kick isn’t abuse.

It was no different from the Greenvale supporters throwing names out to ek players just ask Chris Stewart. No doubt out of frustration because he was taking the piss all day.

Don’t act bitter, Water off a ducks back. Play on.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

I was there mate, no malice just banter which is a big part of footy. Telling a greenvale player who wears their socks up to pull them down and telling someone else they can’t kick isn’t abuse.

It was no different from the Greenvale supporters throwing names out to ek players just ask Chris Stewart. No doubt out of frustration because he was taking the piss all day.

Is this the same club that giving it out now that whinged when Sunbury Kangaroos gave them banter over the fence and the coach at the time now president made a song and dance about it? How ironic really…

Beat the EK drums till the cows come home, how much is everyone going to continue to put up with them embarrassing the comp with salary cap fraud. Any club can play good footy when your paying massive amounts of cash, fudging player points the last two years, give us a break. Ian Kyte didn’t want a bar of it because it was all too hard even when he had the evidence on his desk. You all laughed about the rumours the last two years when it was happening in b grade, now it’s in your door step it’s concerning. Wake up

Is this the same club that giving it out now that whinged when Sunbury Kangaroos gave them banter over the fence and the coach at the time now president made a song and dance about it? How ironic really…

Beat the EK drums till the cows come home, how much is everyone going to continue to put up with them embarrassing the comp with salary cap fraud. Any club can play good footy when your paying massive amounts of cash, fudging player points the last two years, give us a break. Ian Kyte didn’t want a bar of it because it was all too hard even when he had the evidence on his desk. You all laughed about the rumours the last two years when it was happening in b grade, now it’s in your door step it’s concerning. Wake up

🤦‍♂️ lol ok another bitter poster because we’re competitive in premier and shaking it up. You were probably another person hoping we wouldn’t win a game all year pre season.

I didn’t know Sunbury abusing peoples family members and threatening to kill players mums, was the same as telling players to pull down their socks and they can’t kick.

You know clubs don’t pick points right the league allocates them and then adjusts if there are errors. Like the league statement they made also said. What more do you want? There were 3 other teams points they re adjusted in our division alone. I won’t comment on your silly point comments again 🤦‍♂️

Clearly you have no clue. Jealousy is a horrible trait mate.

Last edited:

Oh I’m sorry I thought this was a public forum, am I not allowed to speak the truth because that was my first post. Seems as though you you’re getting a bit defensive there champ, almost like you know it wasn’t right.
But yes you’re right, it’s water off a ducks back, banter should always be apart of local footy, The GV boys were always up there with the banter when I played against them.

Oh I’m sorry I thought this was a public forum, am I not allowed to speak the truth because that was my first post. Seems as though you you’re getting a bit defensive there champ, almost like you know it wasn’t right.
But yes you’re right, it’s water off a ducks back, banter should always be apart of local footy, The GV boys were always up there with the banter when I played against them.

Not defensive at all, great to see now posters. Point was what was being said over the fence was no different to what greenvale was saying and was not abuse from either side.

If there is a word I could use that is a lower category then banter I would of used that.

Went to EK and Greenvale as a neutral supporter. EK ball movement was unbelievable and Greenvale simply could not stay with them. What was evident was the bad body language and words of the senior GV players to the younger ones. The difference between the old and young GV players was at least the young players had a crack.

Anyone go to the games today? I thought Abbers and strathmore were going to blow out Roy’s and Avondale. Division seems a lot closer then I expected. That’s awesome.

Anyone go to the games today? I thought Abbers and strathmore were going to blow out Roy’s and Avondale. Division seems a lot closer then I expected. That’s awesome.

Click on the “player points” button. Reckon both todays winners would be happy enough with their day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the Roys vs Mores game, Roys put on a great day! Mores had about 7-8 players not playing and really should have won by 10 goals IMO. Overheard Roys people saying they have 'closed the gap' make of that what you wish...

Watched the Roys vs Mores game, Roys put on a great day! Mores had about 7-8 players not playing and really should have won by 10 goals IMO. Overheard Roys people saying they have 'closed the gap' make of that what you wish...

Mores injury struck I assume ? Wondered why they didn’t blow them out, that explains it

Why are EK a Great Club??????

Roys have definitely improved, plus Strathmore nowhere near as strong as last season. Quite a few good players have moved on.
Plus at Sewell Reserve they play a bit better but they have improved and always a great day at Sewell reserve as things have certainly changed out there under the current President.

Good performance by Avondale but it appears a few VFL listed players ran out which would have strengthened there side. I didn’t Patty Rose in there line up this season??

Plus at Sewell Reserve they play a bit better but they have improved and always a great day at Sewell reserve as things have certainly changed out there under the current President.

Good performance by Avondale but it appears a few VFL listed players ran out which would have strengthened there side. I didn’t Patty Rose in there line up this season??

Reckon jury is still out on Glenroy, The Jets beat them by 12-13 goals only last week. Strahmore have plenty missing at the moment but still 2-1. Assume they are playing finals along with Keilor. 3rd/4th could be hotly contested by the others! Great for the league.

P.s - Turbo can’t imagine Avondale were too keen to fork out too much cash for Patty to stand in a fwd pocket, not kick goals and not chase.

Mores injury struck I assume ? Wondered why they didn’t blow them out, that explains it

yep they have 8-10 out Not expecting anyone back for a couple of weeks

EK really should be beating SM this week if that’s the case. Would put them in a very strong position this early in the season

So you were with or close by ALL the EK supporters all game and can 💯 confirm those were the only comments from the EK supporters. Seriously mate I can’t honestly believe your response and the “only 2 banter comments”.. Full credit to EK on there performance thus far it’s definitely surprised me but maybe educating sone idiots in your crowd to win with dignity will also help the overall perspective of the club. Yes I know all clubs have certain supporters but when you win by 20 goals they should accept it with dignity. Maybe certain people just shouldn’t drink alcohol or at least it should be controlled as your club do need to increase junior participation and thus type of behaviour can be a deterrent.

Anyway it is good to see a competitive season thus far. See Douttas recruiting a fly in player who by all reports is a star. Great to see them exploring avenues to improve there performance. 👍

EK really should be beating SM this week if that’s the case. Would put them in a very strong position this early in the season
If EK beat Strathmore this week it throws the whole thing wide open. I’m hearing Strathmore rested players so they can be ready for this week. Good idea being long weekend and they did play over Easter so give some players a break/holiday. Footy has changed post covid and commitment is now more flexible.

If EK beat Strathmore this week it throws the whole thing wide open. I’m hearing Strathmore rested players so they can be ready for this week. Good idea being long weekend and they did play over Easter so give some players a break/holiday. Footy has changed post covid and commitment is now more flexible.

Do you just make this rubbish up ? SM had almost as many out against Keilor on Good Friday!
Managing players after round 2 plz 😂😂

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back