EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course it is. Not getting ahead of anything just saying Great accomplishment

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Big win for EK locking away another 4 points. Tight arm wrestle all day and pretty scrappy but fiercely contested. East Keilor definitely up to pushing the big clubs but think Mores would be pretty proud of the effort from the young guys today, incredible depth. Probably up to 12 to come back to their best 22, they will be fine.
East Keilor’s discipline cost them a few goals and kept SM in it but EK undoubtedly better on the day.
Stewart took the points against Vavra but enthralling contest all day. EK too tall up fwd with Hill & Coletta both playing well and Bonghetti causing a few headaches for a very undermanned and small Mores defence. Usual key defender Mighell tried hard and gave SM a good target ahead of the ball but EK just a couple of match winners that stood up when counted. Captain Grabowski a very good player.

Great for the comp some of the results today. Keilor & SM both with big injury lists (think SM copped a little Covid this week too) but can only beat what’s in front of you and who knows how long these players are out.

Massive upset for EDS, and Glenroy nearly pulled one out too! Maybe they can pressure Greenvale into the relegation battle ?

Big win for EK locking away another 4 points. Tight arm wrestle all day and pretty scrappy but fiercely contested. East Keilor definitely up to pushing the big clubs but think Mores would be pretty proud of the effort from the young guys today, incredible depth. Probably up to 12 to come back to their best 22, they will be fine.
East Keilor’s discipline cost them a few goals and kept SM in it but EK undoubtedly better on the day.
Stewart took the points against Vavra but enthralling contest all day. EK too tall up fwd with Hill & Coletta both playing well and Bonghetti causing a few headaches for a very undermanned and small Mores defence. Usual key defender Mighell tried hard and gave SM a good target ahead of the ball but EK just a couple of match winners that stood up when counted. Captain Grabowski a very good player.

Great for the comp some of the results today. Keilor & SM both with big injury lists (think SM copped a little Covid this week too) but can only beat what’s in front of you and who knows how long these players are out.

Massive upset for EDS, and Glenroy nearly pulled one out too! Maybe they can pressure Greenvale into the relegation battle ?

Agreed with above, Stewart is a top two ruckman in this comp. Look forward to seeing him head to head with Meese. Both teams had a fair few out but the free kicks today I reckon umpires called at least 20 a quarter it was ridiculous.

Some times they got to let the game play. Bullshit calls for both sides. Would of been very frustrating as a player from both sides.

16 for mores is a very very good player.

what a great effort from Marby Park today 7 or 8 players out from last weeks game 4 debutants Coach out with COVID and come from 25 points down at 3/4 time to win by a point. Huge last 1/4 Brando Ryan EK next week a massive challenge hopefully a few get back

what a great effort from Marby Park today 7 or 8 players out from last weeks game 4 debutants Coach out with COVID and come from 25 points down at 3/4 time to win by a point. Huge last 1/4 Brando Ryan EK next week a massive challenge hopefully a few get back

Nice work huge last quarter! sounds like every team is having players drop left right and centre.

Yeah your reserves were definitely better.

Our seniors were though, beating Strathmore away with 6 starters out and 1 less on bench from 5 mins into the first quarter is a fair accomplishment. Granted you had outs too obviously. Was a really good game, both teams had their moments.

Abbers though wow. Premiership fav surely after their demolition of Keilor.

Don’t EK have 6 starters out due to points? That will happen often. Others have 6-8 out due to injury. My point being Keilor Strathmore Abers should get stronger were EK maybe not so much. Not a knock on EK, going well and good on them.

Don’t EK have 6 starters out due to points? That will happen often. Others have 6-8 out due to injury. My point being Keilor Strathmore Abers should get stronger were EK maybe not so much. Not a knock on EK, going well and good on them.

No nothing to do with points. Well I mean if points were not a thing then I’m sure the 22 would change again.

4 of them are 1 pointers. Obviously other players of point value will miss out but I’m talking strictly best 22 that make up the total points in my opinion, I’m sure others would think a diff 22 is better.

Highly unlikely any team will Get to field their best 22 often though injuries happen all the time just a shit thing that comes with footy.

How many do strathmore and Keilor have out at the moment ? I’ve heard like 6-8

Last edited:
No nothing to do with points. Well I mean if points were not a thing then I’m sure the 22 would change again.

4 of them are 1 pointers. Obviously other players of point value will miss out but I’m talking strictly best 22 that make up the total points in my opinion, I’m sure others would think a diff 22 is better.

Highly unlikely any team will Get to field their best 22 often though injuries happen all the time just a shit thing that comes with footy.

How many do strathmore and Keilor have out at the moment ? I’ve heard like 6-8

But if no injuries EK can’t field there best 22 due to points. Keilor and Strathmore could. Abers list has changed somewhat so don’t quite have as much room as previous seasons.

But if no injuries EK can’t field there best 22 due to points. Keilor and Strathmore could. Abers list has changed somewhat so don’t quite have as much room as previous seasons.

Yeah correct. We would miss out on 2-3 players due to points.

Doubt we will have the issue tho, no chance a full squad is ever healthy.

What I meant and what I should of said was from the list we can fit in the points we had 6 out yesterday.

How many strathmore have our yesterday ?

What I meant and what I should of said was from the list we can fit in the points we had 6 out yesterday.

Scary to think next year they all drop a point and if they keep the current list together room to move for more players to enter the fold may see a changing of the guard in Premier 🤔

10-12 from there best squad

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And don’t forget to add their promotion without winning a Grand Final.

Lol that’s a little bitter no? Like we were the only team promoted…You were probably thinking we would get rolled every game so didn’t care about promotion with a short season back then.

Not being cocky but Let’s be honest we beat second place by 20 goals with 4-5 players out in the last round of the season. EK were not being stopped last season in Div 1. Promotion was inevitable.

Craigieburn are getting flogged in Div 1 imagine in premier and imagine what EK would be doing in Div 1. Best thing for both comps the league allowed promotion.

Yep takes years to prepare for the jump to prem unless you want to do the yo-yo.

Prior to Pat arriving they were a 6 win team in B grade. They weren’t planning for premier they were planning to stay out of C grade. Let’s call a spade a spade.

I don’t know why there is any surprise with EK being 4-0. They would be outlaying as much if not more than anyone in A grade it’s that simple. I’m not jealous and I don’t think anyone should be because every club would do the same thing. Let’s call it what it is. The impressive thing they’ve done compared to other clubs is the upgrade of facilities.

Prior to Pat arriving they were a 6 win team in B grade. They weren’t planning for premier they were planning to stay out of C grade. Let’s call a spade a spade.

I don’t know why there is any surprise with EK being 4-0. They would be outlaying as much if not more than anyone in A grade it’s that simple. I’m not jealous and I don’t think anyone should be because every club would do the same thing. Let’s call it what it is. The impressive thing they’ve done compared to other clubs is the upgrade of facilities.

But this was my point when I said “years of planning”. Pat made his intention known from day 1, it was to go to prem and instantly compete, that vision came along when he joined the club not prior.

Thats years of preparing and recruiting to ensure you stay up, not just 1 off season, post winning a B grade flag.

Lol that’s a little bitter no? Like we were the only team promoted…You were probably thinking we would get rolled every game so didn’t care about promotion with a short season back then.

Not being cocky but Let’s be honest we beat second place by 20 goals with 4-5 players out in the last round of the season. EK were not being stopped last season in Div 1. Promotion was inevitable.

Craigieburn are getting flogged in Div 1 imagine in premier and imagine what EK would be doing in Div 1. Best thing for both comps the league allowed promotion.

Not bitter at all just factual. EDFL only league to promote and relegate in a shortened season And to award a flag without a grand final is a joke.

Not bitter at all just factual. EDFL only league to promote and relegate in a shortened season And to award a flag without a grand final is a joke.
Keilor was missing Todd Stephenson, Dean Galea, Luke Cartelli, Brett Stillman, Jessie Wallen, Billy Johnson, Mason Thomas, Adam Dunkley, David Gourdis, and Andrew Brown from their best 22 yesterday.

Keilor was missing Todd Stephenson, Dean Galea, Luke Cartelli, Brett Stillman, Jessie Wallen, Billy Johnson, Mason Thomas, Adam Dunkley, David Gourdis, and Andrew Brown from their best 22 yesterday.

Fair list, thought brown retired ??

And I might add Stephenson, Galea, Cartelli, Stillman, Gourdis are 5 of the better players in the comp. And obviously Browne is a top ruckman.

That’s a huge list of top liners missing. No team can cover losses like that.

But this was my point when I said “years of planning”. Pat made his intention known from day 1, it was to go to prem and instantly compete, that vision came along when he joined the club not prior.

Thats years of preparing and recruiting to ensure you stay up, not just 1 off season, post winning a B grade flag.

Hey Bash, EK clearly going very well so well done as not sure I can recall a promoted club doing this well.

I might just add it wasn’t really “years” of planning as it was a pretty quick turnaround of about 2-3 years. It was based on $$ and similar to the GA model. However I will say any club planning on going up to premier will need an influx of $$$ to be competitive even if you have a good junior program. THE GA model can be sustainable BUT you also need to start the process at junior level. A great example is Marby. They had success from the GA model but built a strong base as it was crumbling as juniors would go to Abers but now they choose to stay closer to home as it’s a competitive option. SO my point being if the person with the $$ leaves (and it does happen) can that club stay in a strong position??

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back