EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

You can put the best facilities and spend the most money, but you can’t change the demographics of the area!
Case in point - Roxburgh Park, Jacana, Hadfield and to a lesser extent Craigiburn.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Good point, if…… IF they have smart management they can access all of those clubs mentioned as well as Wallan, Sth Morang, Whittlesea etc and potentially build a good team.
They should be able to attract a good supporter base as the demographic is fanatical with there support.

Yes, Greenvale’s decline over the past 3-4 years has been sudden, surprising and dramatic. From 2004-2017 they were a veritable juggernaut. Played in 10 senior GF’s. Won 4, probably missed a couple they were expected to win from 2008-2010. Won multiple reserves and under 18.5 flags.

They were undoubtedly the benchmark for at least 10 years. They were financially sound, had a very strong, canny President in Bruce Kent, good committee, recruited well and had excellent coaches (McPherson, Rock etc). I don’t know the demographics of the suburb, but I would have thought Greenvale is a pretty young developing area and should have plenty of youth they could tap into. Obviously something has gone seriously awry.
What happened 4 years ago? A salary cap was introduced.
Is it as simple as saying that Greenvale are playing by the rules? Because prior to the salary cap being introduced Greenvale were at the front of the bidding queue on all players and coaches.
Maybe all those above Greenvale on the ladder are not playing by the rules.
Greenvales immediate future rests with the passion and drive of the President. He has been all things to everyone over the past 30 years at Greenvale. If he hasn’t got the drive or passion hopefully he has a succession plan in place.

Mate abusing umpires is not great under any circumstances. Can own it all he likes but ultimately it’s wrong. Especially after all the discussions about respecting umpires.

On the flip side I have noticed over recent years that particular umpires that have affiliation to a particular club get given there games. This is not good and can cause issues with totally biased umpiring. Was this the case I wonder?
It appears to happen to favoured clubs the league like as well.

Another ridiculous decision by Kite to allow this to happen and continue!! He needs to go!
got anything good to say about the EDFL all you ever do is bag the shit out of the EDFL if you want to do something join the Board

You got your div3 premiership caps done already? 🤣🤣🤣

All that 16s age group from div2 to div5 we already knew the premiers months ago. It was a complete joke and they wonder why kids are leaving the sport every year.

Example div 5 should be for the battling clubs or clubs 2nd or 3rd teams yet both Burnside 1 and East Sunbury 1 are playing in the GF. Both in developing areas. Absolute joke!!

Bashen is a bit quiet, how did the Stewart v Meese battle go?
I didnt actually go to the game, i had a function i could not get out of, result went as i expected though. Hence why i didnt offer my thoughts post game.

Funny you asked i just finished watching the replay. 50/50 id say they both had their moments. Stewy beat him some quarters and Meese beat Stewy in some. In terms of disposals though think Stewy had a little bit more but in terms of ruckwork like i said i think 50/50 from what i could see on tape.

Definitely the two best ruckman in this comp by a mile no one else is close.

I didnt actually go to the game, i had a function i could not get out of, result went as i expected though. Hence why i didnt offer my thoughts post game.

Funny you asked i just finished watching the replay. 50/50 id say they both had their moments. Stewy beat him some quarters and Meese beat Stewy in some. In terms of disposals though think Stewy had a little bit more but in terms of ruckwork like i said i think 50/50 from what i could see on tape.

Definitely the two best ruckman in this comp by a mile no one else is close.
Abers too good on the day in very windy conditions. They could have won by more. As per most years same top 3 Good to see Pacco in the 4 and EK can build on this year for next year.

Is that loss by Glenroy the worst loss of the season? Was anyone there/watch it on the live stream? Glenroy have become the Cragieburn of last season it looks like.

Is that loss by Glenroy the worst loss of the season? Was anyone there/watch it on the live stream? Glenroy have become the Cragieburn of last season it looks like.

Nah, EK beat greenvale by more then Strathmore did and beat Glenroy by even more

This was bottom vs 2nd bottom and it was 12 goals... The other games you mentioned were top 4 teams (EK were in the 4 at the time) vs bottom teams.
Yes, it was an extremely disappointing loss, particularly playing at home, with their season on the line, against the team immediately above them on the ladder.

Score was 15.13 to 2.7 at 3 quarter time. Glenroy managed to kick 4 goals in last quarter to make scoreline a bit more respectable. I actually tipped Roys, which was a major miscalculation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was bottom vs 2nd bottom and it was 12 goals... The other games you mentioned were top 4 teams (EK were in the 4 at the time) vs bottom teams.

Ahh I misread thought he meant biggest losses of the season, probably shouldn’t drive and read next time lol

Difference being Craigieburn had 18s so actually probably better off to rebound quicker however I do realise they have struggled this year in div1. Glenroy in a world of pain unless they have called in and saving for next season. Tough task without juniors coming through. New coach needed I’m sure if the stay in premier.. They need change!! Thoughts!!

Difference being Craigieburn had 18s so actually probably better off to rebound quicker however I do realise they have struggled this year in div1. Glenroy in a world of pain unless they have called in and saving for next season. Tough task without juniors coming through. New coach needed I’m sure if the stay in premier.. They need change!! Thoughts!!
Maybe you could share your great knowledge with them about what they can do to improve.

The team for relegation has yet to be determined.
that is correct
Glenroy still to play Keilor - Doutta and East Keilor (2 possible wins there) ;)
Doutta still to play - Strathmore, Glenroy and Marby

CURRENT LADDER​

POSTEAMPWLDBFFFORAGST%PTS
1Aberfeldie151410001629976166.9156
2Keilor1511310015711090144.1346
3Strathmore151140001473804183.2144
4Pascoe Vale151140001323882150.0044
5East Keilor159600013901157120.1436
6Maribyrnong Park15780001104132983.0728
7Greenvale1559100919138466.4022
8Avondale Heights153120001034142972.3612
9Essendon Doutta Stars15213000925144264.158