EDFL Premier Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt there will be other suitable coaches about & if Tudor is unavailable/unattainable, I can't see them having difficulty securing a quality replacement.
Morell seems to have underachieved & after a healthy stint there, it's not unusual if he has been moved on.
Interested to see how you think Digby has under achieved? Its usually a moral that the Flag is won by Keilor / Abers/ Strathmore each year.

Interested to see how you think Digby has under achieved? Its usually a moral that the Flag is won by Keilor / Abers/ Strathmore each year.
At a time when those clubs ( & Greenvale, Marby) haven't been competing with them as aggressively in the market place, they've been unable to make up any ground despite bringing healthy numbers through the door.
They've been accused of being downhill skiers for a while now which directly ties in to their list management & game day strategy, both of which the Senior Coach has significant/final say in.

I'm sure that he's a good fella but it shouldn't be a surprise that his role has been called into question.

But they have been smashed in a few finals by strathmore and should have really done better with their list available. So I do think recruiting a coach with better experience might be a good option as let’s be honest the list is decent. Change it up I guess. He did get 5 years so they both tried their best to get there. Just saying!

Also if a better credential coach is available you probably should do whatever you can to get it done and they didn’t cut Digbys contract short so well done to the club I say.

But they have been smashed in a few finals by strathmore and should have really done better with their list available. So I do think recruiting a coach with better experience might be a good option as let’s be honest the list is decent. Change it up I guess. He did get 5 years so they both tried their best to get there. Just saying!

Also if a better credential coach is available you probably should do whatever you can to get it done and they didn’t cut Digbys contract short so well done to the club I say.
5 years is a long time for a coach. Same voice, same message etc. whilst Digby has done a good job getting Pacco finals relevant, they haven’t really threaten a Premiership. They might need someone to come in and take the next step.
Some of the players that have come through the door in Digby’s time, a stack of quality!

Allan
Stillman
Foster
Gregory
Johncock
McConnell
Ogden
Archer
Cauchi
Inglis
Aujla
Guccione
Vezpremi
Sharrock
Ross
Sikora
Gooch
Linton
Parthenopoulos
Hoare
Ritchie
Iacobaccio
Ranno
Brazier
Ahern

2019 - lost semi to Mores. Kicked one goal

2020 - Covid

2021 - 12 rounds. 5th, 6 points out of top 4.

2022 - Prelim. Def Keilor by 16. Lost to Mores by 45

2023 - Lost to Keilor by 88, Mores by 52.

He's done a good job in building the club to this point, for which he deserves significant respect as coaching can be a brutal caper.
It's now one of the prime vacancies & someone, whether it be Tudor or a similar, will provide a difference in thought/ideas that may see them knocking over the likes of Keilor & Strathmore.

As a premiership coach with West Coburg & a regular finalist with Pacco, I'm sure Morrell will land on his feet if he does wish to continue coaching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing that Scotland was told to exit stage left on Wednesday! Any truth to this or is it just a rumour?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

100% will not be at deer park next year
I’m also told Marty Allison and Strathmore have parted ways as well…… yet to be confirmed but from a reliable source….very very reliable
Bit of a shake up going on in premier division…. Coaching side of things
Spotlight off EK so the insestual and narsacistic ways at EK can for the time being fly under the radar…. Sigh of relief from pat 😂😂😂😂😂

I’m also told Marty Allison and Strathmore have parted ways as well…… yet to be confirmed but from a reliable source….very very reliable
Spotlight off EK so the insestual and narsacistic ways at EK can for the time being fly under the radar…. Sigh of relief from pat 😂😂😂😂😂
So many clubs without coaches from all leagues. Most vacancies I’ve I can recall.

Heard another rumour that Scotland has met with Melton South.. but didn’t get the Job.. they are set to announce a new coach this week..
my conspiracy theory is he will end up at East Keilor.. that’s why Pat named himself as coach.. easy to step aside for the betterment of his club, and make himself look selfless in doing so

Spotlight off EK so the insestual and narsacistic ways at EK can for the time being fly under the radar…. Sigh of relief from pat

Has Dale May served his time at the lower level? Done well at West Coburg getting to 2 GF’s.
Strathmore?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Heard another rumour that Scotland has met with Melton South.. but didn’t get the Job.. they are set to announce a new coach this week..
my conspiracy theory is he will end up at East Keilor.. that’s why Pat named himself as coach.. easy to step aside for the betterment of his club, and make himself look selfless in doing so
It’s very possible and makes sense in a lot of ways. It’s to difficult being president & coach especially at premier level. It’s difficult enough to coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back