EDFL Premier Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So whats the views on the Top 4 make up over the next 3 weeks

I have purely given the win to the team higher on the ladder

Keilor 15 wins (still to play) Greenvale, Avondale, Doutta Stars (3 wins)
Pascoe Vale 11 wins (still to play) Strathmore, East Keilor, Avondale (3 wins)
Strathmore 10 wins (still to play) Pascoe Vale, Aberfeldie, Marby (2 wins)
East Keilor 10 wins (still to play) Avondale, Pascoe Vale, Aberfeldie (2 wins)
Greenvale 10 wins (still to play) Keilor, Doutta Stars, Airport West (2 wins)

Strathmore and Pascoe Vale have strong percentages
Greenvale beat Keilor and they will make it
Winner of Pascoe Vale and Strathmore will finish 2nd
East Keilor beat Pascoe Vale and they will play finals
Pascoe Vale beat East Keilor and Strathmore then Abers come into play as they play both East Keilor and Strathmore

Nice tight finish with 3 weeks to go

Last edited:
Herald sun reporting Selwood and Cotchin to front new Ch7 footy show (with peanut Brayshaw hosting)

The Thirds comp is a positive thing and keeps players in football. Blokes who can maybe only train once a week, blokes who work Saturday, young blokes just up from under 18’s and don’t feel they’re ready for Reserves footy and blokes who just love having a kick. Why shouldn’t they have a place to play and be involved? Cancel Thirds and these players won’t head to poorly run clubs to top up their Reserves, instead they’d be lost to the game. It’s no surprise that most of the better Thirds sides are from clubs with good junior programs and strong, positive cultures. Get your junior program right and build your culture, two things easier said than done and your Reserves numbers will be strong. And whichever team wins the Thirds flag this year, I hope they celebrate long and strong.
that's a massive exaggeration that reserves premier division is the worst standard ever, I would say it is weaker now then 5 6 years ago but that's cause money rules local now, everyone rather play at different levels to play senior footy 1s footy and get paid doing so, that's why reserves is dropping off, the top teams of EDFL thirds would beat the worst team of premier reserves nearly so don't think thirds is the problem, it is harder for the lesser senior clubs in premier to keep competitive reserves teams but that's a problem in every league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which game are you referring to TT?
I reckon it was the Pacco Strathmore game . As a neutral I thought the umpiring definitely favoured one team a lot of frees in the forward line to strathmore resulting in goals or shots on goal. Pacco should have had 9 goals in the 1st quarter were dominant but as Pacco seem to do went to sleep and let strathmore back in the game. A good game of football with strathmore holding on in the end. I don’t think either of these teams will beat Keilor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back