EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

And back to the footy. Can Pacco beat Keilor this week. With the mounting injury list at Keilor if they can’t beat them this week they won’t ever beat them in my opinion.
on a Monday definite 2 horse race. think most neutrals would b all hoping for a good contest and close score line with a qtr to play. injuries don’t seem to phase keilor as the depth at that place is strong. still only one flag in a row so yes in a strong patch across 2023 24 but far from a dynasty that often these pages read to suggest.

value for money at coburg Saturday and I know ill walk out happy.

I’d much rather Pat, least he is known to be able to recruit. This guy is known to have no ability to recruit and has burried the last 3-4 clubs he’s been to. Heard he’s going to bring some players from his Div 3 team with him…. Won’t do much in prem.

Anyway good luck to EK couldn’t care less.
How has he buried the last three clubs? I dont know anything about him but genuinely interested.

How has he buried the last three clubs? I dont know anything about him but genuinely interested.
thought the same oldtimesceptic. coaches often cop far to much of the blame. surely they dont sign every cheque do all the recruiting etc committees escape a lot of scrutiny on this bit for me. what are coaches sold prior to taking a job. does the sell miror what occurs. I went to Romsey saturday morning to watch the early game but facility and the amount what I thought were romsey tops getting around certainly didnt suggest a strugling or buried club.

thought the same oldtimesceptic. coaches often cop far to much of the blame. surely they dont sign every cheque do all the recruiting etc committees escape a lot of scrutiny on this bit for me. what are coaches sold prior to taking a job. does the sell miror what occurs. I went to Romsey saturday morning to watch the early game but facility and the amount what I thought were romsey tops getting around certainly didnt suggest a strugling or buried club.
You should dig a little deeper

I don't think he could do as much damage as Pat, look where he has now left them.
I dont fully understand the hate on the bloke, can understand why people have some opinions of him. Facts are though he came in and brought the club up from a bottom div 1 team and left them in premier. Alot of teams are now copying the model like heavily recruiting and majority of teams now play at max points. But ill put this argument forward.

If their 1 pointers and home grown talent leave which ive heard they are then what does that say? clearly not a Pat issue right? as they all signed on with Pat there, as you would assume they should be staying and helping the club in their transition?

Last edited:
I dont fully understand the hate on the bloke, can understand why people have some opinions of him. Facts are though he came in and brought the club up from a bottom div 1 team and left them in premier. Alot of teams are now copying the model like heavily recruiting and majority of teams now play at max points. But ill put this argument forward.

If their 1 pointers and home grown talent leave which ive heard they are then what does that say? clearly not a Pat issue right? as they all signed on with Pat there, as you would assume they should be staying and helping the club in their transition?
you would hope thats the case but a lot of players unfortunately treat it as like a part time job these days. I am hearing some other "Sponsors" are arriving so wait and see

you would hope thats the case but a lot of players unfortunately treat it as like a part time job these days. I am hearing some other "Sponsors" are arriving so wait and see
Well i hope so for their case! because not many people will fill Pats shoes when it comes to financially.

I still think they get relegated and lose every game next year considering ive heard up to 3/4 of their starting 22 is gone, lets see though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the footage I reckon Galucci is in trouble (#11 who comes in with a hit to a player with his back turned) - Can't see much else from the footage. Not a good look

Hopefully that #4 who was giving gut punches off the ball, then would run away like coward !

Cavanagh got sighted for 2 stomach punches, received a reprimand & 1 week.

Galluci got 2 weeks for the charge.

Cavanagh has a had a couple of brain fades, not sure why he choose that path but to call him a coward is bit a rich. He’s usually a hard but fair player, and one of, if not the best key back in the comp. He will be praying his teammates get it done for him this week so he can pay them back. Big out!

Galluci act was weak as pi55, just stupid. No one to blame but himself if that’s season over

Cavanagh has a had a couple of brain fades, not sure why he choose that path but to call him a coward is bit a rich. He’s usually a hard but fair player, and one of, if not the best key back in the comp. He will be praying his teammates get it done for him this week so he can pay them back. Big out!

Galluci act was weak as pi55, just stupid. No one to blame but himself if that’s season over
Have a look at the footage, punches in the guts, and then runs so quickly away 😂😂😂 did it a few times, so a few brain fades 🙄 or just his behaviour that’s finally been called out maybe ???

If this is true, you've gotta question the thought process of two of the better mores players. I'd be ropable if I was the club. Huge game this week against a seemingly in form jets without one of their better ball users, and easily their best intercept defender. They'd wanna hope they get up

Have a look at the footage, punches in the guts, and then runs so quickly away 😂😂😂 did it a few times, so a few brain fades 🙄 or just his behaviour that’s finally been called out maybe ???

I’ve seen the footage of both.
I’ve never seen him do anything close to crossing the line and have watched him play a bit. I’m not denying he didn’t do a stupid thing, twice!, on the weekend but give it a rest with the character assassinations. I imagine Cav got a week due to clean record, because both incidents were worthy of a week. He will cop his whack and move on, you probably should too, you have a shot at GF this week would have thought that would be filling your headspace rather lagging players/supporters in every week.

Might even be likely these two meet again next week, don’t poke the Bear!

They have been undisciplined for years and got away with it as they are koala bears as the EDFL have protected them for years with off the ball incidents and crowd abuse they are protected species down at strathmore.

They have been undisciplined for years and got away with it as they are koala bears as the EDFL have protected them for years with off the ball incidents and crowd abuse they are protected species down at strathmore.

Don’t entirely disagree with this, I was separating Cavanagh from that. His usual partner in crime down back has a long history of that sort of crap

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back